Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2022, 16:07   #5911
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

There is an ongoing offer from Amex to get 30% bonus points when converting points to Marriott Bonvoy. Thinking of going for it. Seems to be a much better value than the other rewards.
Jaguar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 18:17   #5912
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Surcharge is 1% plus 18% GST on surcharge

Standard chartered super value titanium card offers surcharge waiver including GST plus 4% cashback.

But minimum amount should be 750 and Max 2000 on a single swipe

Cashback amount restricted 200 per month including surcharge waiver. So one can use upto 4000 worth fuel per month.

Works in all fuel pumps and on all POS machines

HDFC waives surcharge but not GST

Obviously co branded fuel cards offer better returns. Constraint being restrictions on POS machines should be by the Bank

Amex does not levy any surcharge at HPCL fuel stations. Only restriction being Max of 5000/ swipe

Amex MRCC used carefully at HPCL can return 4.16 to 6.3% depending upon how reward points are redeemed
rkg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 22:20   #5913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
To all SBI Cashback card holders, are you able to understand the cashback accumulated / given?
Yes. I have ONLY done transactions that SBI will return 5% for, no confusion whatsoever here for me. I've gone past 2L, looking forward to SBI waiving the annual charge next year.
Old 23rd October 2022, 12:01   #5914
BHPian

How does ICICI Amazon Pay CC work for fuel transactions?

From what I recollect, there is a 1% surcharge waiver. If so, do we have to shell out the difference 1.5% surcharge + tax?

Also, I assume there are NO points awarded for fuel transactions. If so, isn't it better to use the debit card for fuel purchase?
Old 23rd October 2022, 14:53   #5915
BHPian

What's the best way to spend monthly Rs 4x1500 for the Amex MRCC card for bonus 1000 points. Earlier paytm/amazon pay cash load used to work. But these now now are chargeable.
Old 23rd October 2022, 16:15   #5916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Yes. I have ONLY done transactions that SBI will return 5% for, no confusion whatsoever here for me. I've gone past 2L, looking forward to SBI waiving the annual charge next year.
If you just use it for Amazon or Flipkart then no confusion but then no reason to go for this one over Amazon Pay ICICI card, especially with 1k annual fee. The 5% cashback over all online is the main USP. I wanted tocheck if I got 5% over transaction like recharge on VI website or online payment of society maintenance charges or train ticket booking on Amazon app.
Old 23rd October 2022, 18:39   #5917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
What's the best way to spend monthly Rs 4x1500 for the Amex MRCC card for bonus 1000 points. Earlier paytm/amazon pay cash load used to work. But these now now are chargeable.
Well, there is still a trick that works for paytm about 2 times per month. Just use an app like swiggy/uber/blusmart to add money to your paytm wallet, you are limited to total 4000 a month using this. I tend to use uber, swiggy, blusmart on a regular basis and even try to pay small vendors using paytm QR if they have one, it gets exhausted in no time. So you can avail 2 spends here on paytm using this. This mostly does the trick for me along with my airtel black plan bill (phone + broadband). The 4th one is usually at a restaurant or you can recharge wallets like bbdaily/country delight which is what I use for milk subscription.

I also have signed up to 1000 points bonus for 20000 spend in a calender month on this card. I don't have any high reward rate card so most of my daily spending goes on this card.
Old 23rd October 2022, 22:55   #5918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
If you just use it for Amazon or Flipkart then no confusion but then no reason to go for this one over Amazon Pay ICICI card, especially with 1k annual fee. The 5% cashback over all online is the main USP. I wanted tocheck if I got 5% over transaction like recharge on VI website or online payment of society maintenance charges or train ticket booking on Amazon app.
On bill payments, buying tickets and gift cards, the cash back is 2% and not 5% for Amazon ICICI Credit Card.
Old 28th October 2022, 16:40   #5919
BHPian

I have dual card with ICICI of which one is Amex and the other is Mastercard. Last couple of days my ICICI Amex card is not working either through Tap nor through PIN at POS machines where it used to work earlier, it's also not working for online transactions. I checked with customer services, and as per them no issue from their end. i also checked Transaction settings and limits and there is no restrictions from this side. The master card works all this while.

Any pointers on what to check for.

thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 18:55   #5920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
I have dual card with ICICI of which one is Amex and the other is Mastercard. Last couple of days my ICICI Amex card is not working either through Tap nor through PIN at POS machines where it used to work earlier, it's also not working for online transactions. I checked with customer services, and as per them no issue from their end. i also checked Transaction settings and limits and there is no restrictions from this side. The master card works all this while.

Any pointers on what to check for.

thanks
Yesterday my Amex ICICI HP card also did not work for Tap and Pay. I had to pay with another card.
ronford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 09:48   #5921
BHPian

Last Sunday, my Amex MRCC did not work on a ICICI POS at a HPCL station. Got "Declined" message on the POS twice. Had to use a Visa card (HDFC Infinia). Maybe something is up between ICICI and Amex.
Old 29th October 2022, 23:47   #5922

I have been issued a Business Regalia CC by HDFC bank and I have a few questions about it.

1) I have been issued the Mastercard variant of the card and not the Visa signature, I wanted to know if is there any difference between the two.

2) What is the difference between the Business Regalia and Regalia First CC? And which is better?

While going through the HDFC CC page the Airport lounge list I saw did not mention whether the lounges were open to both Mastercard & Visa issued cards, so is there a separate list for it?

Also, this is my first HDFC Credit card, so I have no knowledge about the usage of the Smartbuy portal and would much appreciate your insights and tips about how to make the most of it.
Old 31st October 2022, 23:25   #5923

Hello All,

Just got a notification that few of my CC points is expiring. When checking on what to use my points for came across the FF miles redemption and it has 3 options.
Intermiles, KrisFlyer and Club Vistara. Based on the online calculator the best option seems to be Krisflyer for international travel but not sure if we can redeem for domestic travel. Any suggestions on which would be the best one to convert to airmiles for international and domestic travel ? Or is there any better way to redeem the points.
Old 1st November 2022, 08:12   #5924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Last Sunday, my Amex MRCC did not work on a ICICI POS at a HPCL station. Got "Declined" message on the POS twice. Had to use a Visa card (HDFC Infinia). Maybe something is up between ICICI and Amex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronford View Post
Yesterday my Amex ICICI HP card also did not work for Tap and Pay. I had to pay with another card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Last couple of days my ICICI Amex card is not working either through Tap nor through PIN at POS machines where it used to work earlier, it's also not working for online transactions.
thanks
The issue seems to be solved and the ICICI Amex is working now, there was no action from my side.
Old 1st November 2022, 08:28   #5925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How does ICICI Amazon Pay CC work for fuel transactions?
Fuel transactions with the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card are very tricky. Sometimes the 1% surcharge is reversed only if the transaction is made at HPCL petrol stations with an ICICI bank POS machine. The IGST on the surcharge is also reversed only if the above conditions are met.

Using a debit card is no better because surcharge and IGST on the surcharge are both charged depending on the debit card.

I've taken to using UPI to pay for fuel transactions because of this.
SgtRepeat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks