Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2022, 11:40   #5941
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Most cards have similar view. Pay up and if the dispute is resolved you get the amount credited.
Not Citi. They do a provisional reversal of the disputed transaction soon after the dispute is raised.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 12:01   #5942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Not Citi. They do a provisional reversal of the disputed transaction soon after the dispute is raised.
Similar experience with HDFC. They reversed the amount and then started investigation on disputed transaction.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 13:22   #5943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfantasy View Post
You can buy Amazon gift card for 1500 and load it to your own account. This works exactly like amazon pay but with a validity of 1 year. You can buy gift cards for Flipkart also and use it for yourself.
Just a correction, the validity of 1yr is only applicable on gift cards that are not used (i.e., not added to any a/c), The balance once added to an a/c has no expiry. I confirmed this with Amazon customer service and they said that even for the expired gift cards, we can always reach back to them and get them revalidated.
haridsv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 10:04   #5944
BHPian

Flipkart Axis Super Elite Credit Card

Axis is very active in the credit card space. Here's another co-branded credit card - Flipkart Axis Super Elite Credit Card.
Old 7th November 2022, 13:45   #5945
BHPian

Re: Flipkart Axis Super Elite Credit Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Axis is very active in the credit card space. Here's another co-branded credit card - Flipkart Axis Super Elite Credit Card.
They are trying to complete with well established Amazon pay ICICI card. Amazon pay balance is anyday more useful compared to Flipkart coins, so not sure if this is attractive deal.
Old 7th November 2022, 14:59   #5946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Just to clarify, I am able to use both the CC for any other purchases from Amazon, except for gift cards. And even for gift cards, it worked till 31st (when i brought gift card of worth 25k). So, I am just wondering if there is any monthly limit or something like that exists?
I bought GC worth 30K in this month and couldn't purchase more using CC same like you. So did some digging and found out that there is a limit on buying GC using CC on Amazon. Source and relevant details below.
The Credit Card Thread-gc.png
Source: Link
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 15:16   #5947
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
They are trying to complete with well established Amazon pay ICICI card. Amazon pay balance is anyday more useful compared to Flipkart coins, so not sure if this is attractive deal.
The normal Flipkart Axis credit card offered direct statement credit. If that's still on, would recommend that.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 15:26   #5948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
The normal Flipkart Axis credit card offered direct statement credit. If that's still on, would recommend that.
Other option is HDFC millennia card which offers flat 5% cash back on all major online retailers with lounge access included and 1% cashback on all other transactions.

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pa...llennia-cc-new

On another topic, Seems like Zomato RBL card have lost it's value preposition. Since Sept 2022, Only those transactions are eligible for 5 % cash back which are done via zomato pay or for orders place via zomato for delivery. It doesn't help that restraunts are refusing any payments via Zomato pay and there is no recourse. In my case, to cirumvent zomato's pressure on zomato pay, restraunt added the lowest cost item in my bill as discounted and claimed to zomato that they cannot pass on multiple discounts as per T & C. Offcourse, I was neither consulted not informed. Will not be using Zomato for dine in anymore with this experience.

Learned it hard way yesterday.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 7th November 2022 at 15:33.
Old 7th November 2022, 15:42   #5949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
I bought GC worth 30K in this month and couldn't purchase more using CC same like you. So did some digging and found out that there is a limit on buying GC using CC on Amazon. Source and relevant details below.
Thank you so much for extracting this information. Even I had a feeling that some kind of limit must have been there, but I just could not find that information from the web.
Old 7th November 2022, 17:18   #5950
Senior - BHPian

Silly doubt,

If I add the amazon icici card on Samsung pay and pay at shops using Samsung pay, will I get points/rewards from both Samsung and Amazon?
Old 7th November 2022, 18:06   #5951

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Seem to have missed this card. From what I understand Axis bank no longer wants additional people pulled into this card so they have made it difficult to obtain it.

I guess the only way left is to apply for the Flipkart Axis CC and then after a few months request and upgrade to ACE.
if you know a manager or rm in axis, they can help you get one.
thats how my partner got this card.
cavarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 19:02   #5952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Silly doubt, If I add the amazon icici card on Samsung pay and pay at shops using Samsung pay, will I get points/rewards from both Samsung and Amazon?

Yes.
-For you, Samsung Pay becomes an NFC mechanism for payment.
-For Samsung, you become a user for their ecosystem due to convenience.
-For Amazon/ICICI, you are continuing to be an active customer.

It is a win-win situation for everybody involved.
UPS_Guru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 20:15   #5953
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Other option is HDFC millennia card which offers flat 5% cash back on all major online retailers with lounge access included and 1% cashback on all other transactions.
The reason I avoid using my Millennia card is because of the 99 rs redemption fee to redeem the points. This is an archaic system and for some reason HDFC still clings to it.
Old 8th November 2022, 20:59   #5954
BHPian

I got the HDFC Millenia card issued last month. It then went on a little journey visiting places in Bengaluru because genius me forgot to update the communication address while going through the process.

I had asked whether the card was being issued as LTF multiple times during the process. This was confirmed by a RM and someone from the Credit card department who helped me complete the process.

After finally receiving the card last week, I have also got it confirmed from CC who was pushing me to complete at least two transactions to retain the card.

Today I get a call from another CC rep who tells me to pay postpaid bills using the card and how I would need to spend money to ensure that the annual charges are waived off. I would have chocked on my tea if I had been drinking any at the time. She was referring to the 1L/annum spend criteria.

She had no answer as to how multiple people assured me the card was being issued as LTF during the process and after but finally said that if I use Smartpay app to settle postpaid bills with this card then it would become LTF.

I have never heard of this and suspect that she is just trying to meet her quota. Is there anything I can do here to get the card updated as LTF as originally promised?

If not, then I can just ask them to cancel it.
Old 8th November 2022, 21:38   #5955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post

Today I get a call from another CC rep who tells me to pay postpaid bills using the card and how I would need to spend money to ensure that the annual charges are waived off. I would have chocked on my tea if I had been drinking any at the time. She was referring to the 1L/annum spend criteria.

She had no answer as to how multiple people assured me the card was being issued as LTF during the process and after but finally said that if I use Smartpay app to settle postpaid bills with this card then it would become LTF.

I have never heard of this and suspect that she is just trying to meet her quota. Is there anything I can do here to get the card updated as LTF as originally promised?

If not, then I can just ask them to cancel it.
Postpaid bill payment is legitimate method for annual fee waiver by HDFC if the same is not otherwise LTF. Many of my colleagues have used it in past for regalia card. I guess enabling auto-pay for those bills is must to fullfill the criteria.
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed