Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2022, 20:16   #6031
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Please check if the Amex Plat Travel/Reserve also give 1000 bonus points
Doesn't but I'm calculating if the 1.9L/year milestone for the Plat Travel or the 25K/month makes it worthwhile.

Trying to figure if there's a way to use AMEX Rewards Multiplier for HPCL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
If there is a BPCL outlet nearby (that is reliable).
No suitable BPCL outlet. As an Ex-BPCL employee, I've always preferred HP/IOC.
Old 6th December 2022, 20:19   #6032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Doesn't but I'm calculating if the 1.9L/year milestone for the Plat Travel or the 25K/month makes it worthwhile.

HP/IOC.
Then you can get an add-on AmEx MRCC card; I read somewhere that since you already have higher tier AmEx cards, this will come as free without any minimum annual spend criteria to waive of renewal charges.

You can use the MRCC for fueling only.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 05:00   #6033
BHPian

Quote:
As an Ex-BPCL employee, I've always preferred HP/IOC.
Off topic: Could you mention the reason for this?
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 10:40   #6034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Then you can get an add-on AmEx MRCC card;
So AMEX only allows 2 Credit Card per customer; I can get the Gold Charge card though - but they're unwilling to waive off the 1st year fee. Still considering it, but slightly put off by the 6x Rs.1000 spend mechanism for the bonus 1000 MR - would prefer something smoother for fuelling as I usually fuel and swipe 4000-4500 bucks at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
Off topic: Could you mention the reason for this?
1. HPCL COCOs have nice free car wash facility. I get a free wash (which I would easily pay Rs. 1000 for ) by doing Rs. 9000 worth of refuelling. Plus I know the COCO Manager, so it does help with scheduling a bit. The HPCL COCO on Niti Marg has the cleanest loos, and fantastic DSMs.

2. IOCL has a solid Xtrarewards program with easy accrual and redemption.

I've always found non-COCO BPCL ROs to be inferior, plus their locations have almost never been around my routes. After the now-put-off privatisation was announced, a lot of dealers also cut back on maintenance etc, so the ROs just don't feel as spic as some of the best IOCL/HPCL ones.
iamitp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 22:37   #6035
BHPian

Quote:
I buy the BPCL voucher from Amex rewards multiplier using my gold charge card. I get cool 5X rewards, plus also helps to complete 6 Rs 1k Transactions per month, considering none of the cards usually give reward points on fuel. So this is a good deal.
car_monarch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 23:04   #6036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
ICICI Fastag can be loaded using Amazon Pay Balance.
Tejas, I had posted a query on this in the fastag thread but didnot get a response. May be you can clarify. Can the ICICI fastag be used to deduct the toll charges directly from Amazon pay wallet? Or one has to load the ICICI fastag wallet separately?
Old 8th December 2022, 10:25   #6037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_monarch View Post
I buy the BPCL voucher from Amex rewards multiplier using my gold charge card. I get cool 5X rewards, plus also helps to complete 6 Rs 1k Transactions per month, considering none of the cards usually give reward points on fuel. So this is a good deal.
Is that from the the Gyftr page? Not able to see OMC GVs.
Old 8th December 2022, 11:31   #6038
BHPian

Quote:
Is that from the the Gyftr page? Not able to see OMC GVs.
It's under Travel. I just checked it's not there any longer. Strange as I bought it just last week. Might be its gone temporarily, but not sure.. There also used to be HPCL voucher previously but it's also no longer there.
car_monarch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 11:43   #6039
Senior - BHPian

So, I was offered SBI credit card Elite which I accepted without knowing the annual fee is 5k. It just came yesterday and then I got to know about it. I don't wanna spend 5k on this every year as I already have other cards which are good enough for me. So, how can I get this downgraded to another card and which SBI card should I ask for in place of this?
Old 8th December 2022, 11:44   #6040
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's under Travel. I just checked it's not there any longer. Strange as I bought it just last week. Might be its gone temporarily, but not sure.. There also used to be HPCL voucher previously but it's also no longer there.
HPCL vouchers were removed last month, BPCL vouchers from this month. No more Fuel OMC vouchers from reward multiplier portal
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 11:47   #6041
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
HPCL vouchers were removed last month, BPCL vouchers from this month. No more Fuel OMC vouchers from reward multiplier portal
Alas AMEX doesn't seem like a good option now. I have applied for BOB Energie. Should be able to get 5% rewards at HPCL (HP Pay) on Rs. 5000 (ICICI) + Rs. 6250 (BOB). For the balance, will use Citi IOCL at IOC pumps.
Old 8th December 2022, 13:36   #6042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Tejas, I had posted a query on this in the fastag thread but didnot get a response. May be you can clarify. Can the ICICI fastag be used to deduct the toll charges directly from Amazon pay wallet? Or one has to load the ICICI fastag wallet separately?
Direct deduction from Amazon Pay Wallet is not possible. You have to load ICICI Fastag from Amazon Pay Wallet.
Old 9th December 2022, 13:26   #6043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
So, I was offered SBI credit card Elite which I accepted without knowing the annual fee is 5k. It just came yesterday and then I got to know about it. I don't wanna spend 5k on this every year as I already have other cards which are good enough for me. So, how can I get this downgraded to another card and which SBI card should I ask for in place of this?
How old is the card? There should be an initial trial period wherein you can cancel the card. The welcome kit also specifically states that if you don't use/activate it within the first 30 days, the card will be closed as per RBI guidelines.

Last edited by Jaguar : 9th December 2022 at 13:27.
Old 9th December 2022, 14:56   #6044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I had used the SBI Elite card earlier. I paid 5k + GST as joining fees and received 5k worth of voucher of some brand, so effectively you pay only the GST. Then I got 2 free movie tickets every month from book my show which was worth around Rs.500. Used this card for 12 months, encashed the reward points and closed it before the next year annual fees are charged, so got a good deal overall.

If it is not possible to cancel the card now, I suggest make good use of it.
Old 10th December 2022, 14:42   #6045
BHPian

A query to the credit card experts here. I have an Axis Bank Flipkart credit card with a relatively low credit limit of 40k. But on Flipkart the MacBook Pro M1 Max has a high cash back close to 15k for the axis card. Now the question I have is will I be able to make the purchase by prepaying the full laptop amount to the card and keeping the card at negative credit. Thanks in advance

Most Viewed