Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2023, 21:19   #6166
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
I believe Redgiraffe payment is always categorised as Insurance. Please check your statement whether it is marked as rent or insurance.
It shows up as "HDFC BILL PAY PAYNOW"
Old 28th January 2023, 11:59   #6167
BHPian

Guys, ever since HDFC's new devaluations and pocket pinching, I find the appeal of my Regalia spends to be of no real use to me.

In short - I'm looking to replace my HDFC Regalia (retain it only for any HDFC specific deals from time to time) with another more rewarding multi-purpose card.

I already have the below:
1. AMEX MRCC
2. AMEX Plat Travel
3. SBI Simply Click
4. Citibank Rewards (will be discontinued since I have declined to transfer to Axis).

The Citi Rewards was a nice card that I will miss from time to time.

I have no specific requirements for Travel/Miles oriented cards - but I wouldn't mind any hotel rewards.

In short - any recommendations to avoid being looted by HDFC since the Amex Twins have a limited run on returns with the 4L milestone on Plat Travel and the usual monthly benefits on the MRCC.
Old 28th January 2023, 12:24   #6168

I got an offer to upgrade my current HDFC platinum debit card to a HDFC Preferred Platinum Debit Card.
Is this upgrade worth it or would I be better of with my current card ?
Old 29th January 2023, 20:23   #6169
BHPian

Amazon is not allowing to use Credit card for wallet top-up. Paytm charges convenience fee for using credit card to top-up the wallet and Phonepe does not have this option.

I have an AMEX MRCC and want to use the 4x1500 transaction for 1000 points. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 29th January 2023, 20:27   #6170
BHPian

^Buy amazon gift card and add to your account.
archat68 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 11:34   #6171
BHPian

Is there a way to change the billing date for HDFC cards? I thought it was an RBI mandate to allow the consumer to be able to do it online.

I have been able to update the billing dates for most of my credit cards except HDFC. There was an option on the site mycards to do it. I even went ahead and placed the request successfully.

But while other banks processed the request, HDFC continues to send me statements on the same billing cycle and I can't even see the option to change the billing date on mycards anymore.
Old 31st January 2023, 12:33   #6172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_VR View Post
I got an offer to upgrade my current HDFC platinum debit card to a HDFC Preferred Platinum Debit Card.
Is this upgrade worth it or would I be better of with my current card ?
There is no difference in benefits or rewards between the two debit cards except the card graphics
thanixravindran is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 12:42   #6173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Is there a way to change the billing date for HDFC cards? I thought it was an RBI mandate to allow the consumer to be able to do it online.
You have to call the customer care to do it. It is a once in lifetime for the card(I dont know this is for a particular card or card account or customer id). I have reset mine to a different date and it would happen after current bill cycle. Online options do not work.
aadya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 13:09   #6174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_VR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
There is no difference in benefits or rewards between the two debit cards except the card graphics
+1

Platinum, Platinum Preferred and Platinum Imperia, are all the same in terms of rewards/features. The only diff. is the graphics to relate to your relationship level.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 17:15   #6175
BHPian

No one accepts AMEX cards for rent payments, other than PayMatrix. And they charge 2.5% + GST only for AMEX. Any other way to pay rent via AMEX?
Old 1st February 2023, 11:00   #6176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post
No one accepts AMEX cards for rent payments, other than PayMatrix. And they charge 2.5% + GST only for AMEX. Any other way to pay rent via AMEX?
Check if they accept Amazon Pay, or Googlr PAy. If yes, then you can first put money into either of these and then pay.
Old 1st February 2023, 11:04   #6177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Check if they accept Amazon Pay, or Googlr PAy. If yes, then you can first put money into either of these and then pay.
Sorry but I didn't get you. My question was where can I use my AMEX card to pay rent. Google Pay doesn't take AMEX and you can't pay rent via Amazon Pay.
Old 1st February 2023, 14:16   #6178
Senior - BHPian

How about other wallets? Check if other wallets
1. Can pay rent
2. Accept AMEX for recharge.

Choose the one that has minimum commision.
Old 1st February 2023, 15:37   #6179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post
Amazon is not allowing to use Credit card for wallet top-up. Paytm charges convenience fee for using credit card to top-up the wallet and Phonepe does not have this option.

I have an AMEX MRCC and want to use the 4x1500 transaction for 1000 points. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I have Fastag linked to Paytm and Airtel Wallets. I use Amex MRCC via Cred App to recharge these wallets.
Old 2nd February 2023, 23:10   #6180
Senior - BHPian

Maybe a little too late to discover that Credit cards can be used to pay rent and get lucrative rewards. Looks like Axis as well as HDFC have stopped rewards on rent payment and have started charging a surcharge for rental payments now.

I have now applied for a BPCL Octane card from SBI, as that seems to be the one of the few benefits still left (fuel based returns) for a not-so-frequent traveler like me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks