Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
  Search this Thread
2,159,805 views
Old 3rd February 2023, 09:31   #6181
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 297
Thanked: 1,270 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Gave a physical application for Addon Magnus with the nearby Axis branch. It went through smoothly, and add on was delivered five working days excluding the application day. I had an hunch that controlling addon in Axis is not as smooth as it is in SBI or HDFC. I also have a Axis Privilege card with addon on my mother's name. The overall limit is not very high so I did not bother to control the card.

We have to call the Customer care for activating addon through IVR process. The executive was helpful and walked me through the process. After activation when I asked him how to control the spends, his reply was that we have to activate or deactivate the addon usage only through IVR(if we are travelling abroad we need to be careful as we have to call Indian special number and the call lasts at least 7-8 minutes) but the mobile and website has toggles to control the limits on the primary card and the same limits will apply for the addon too.

And I immediately took the plunge and checked the feature. Voila the change in the limits in the main card does not apply to the addon card and the IVR has only option to activate or deactivate but no option for limits. I immediately deactivated the usage for addon card and raised a complaint about this dangerous feature. Have to check the POS limits as there is no mention of activating or deactivating in IVR, it has option only for domestic online, domestic tap and pay and international online.

Credit card Gurus, any views on this.
aadya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 09:58   #6182
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 515134
Posts: 321
Thanked: 333 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Gave a physical application for Addon Magnus with the nearby Axis branch.
Will a combination of spends from primary and add-on be considered for the milestone rewards?
rajesh1868 is offline  
Old 4th February 2023, 00:43   #6183
AZT
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 680
Thanked: 2,577 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Guys, ever since HDFC's new devaluations and pocket pinching, I find the appeal of my Regalia spends to be of no real use to me.

In short - I'm looking to replace my HDFC Regalia (retain it only for any HDFC specific deals from time to time) with another more rewarding multi-purpose card.

I already have the below:
1. AMEX MRCC
2. AMEX Plat Travel
3. SBI Simply Click
4. Citibank Rewards (will be discontinued since I have declined to transfer to Axis).
Are you reaching the 20k spend on MRCC for the additional 1k points. If not, you can consolidate spending on that card. For a simple no nonsense card, the flipkart Axis gives 1.5% cashback on all spends including insurance and 5% on Flipkart. Axis Ace is similar.

If you can spend more than 1l a month, the Axis Magnus is a no brainer.
AZT is offline  
Old 4th February 2023, 11:17   #6184
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Raipur
Posts: 23
Thanked: 58 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Will a combination of spends from primary and add-on be considered for the milestone rewards?
Yes, spending from all add-ons will be included for the milestone benefits as there is just one Primary credit card account and one Edge rewards accounts where all of them will be accumulated.
Venkygupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 11:21   #6185
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: VABB | BOM
Posts: 367
Thanked: 322 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Are you reaching the 20k spend on MRCC for the additional 1k points. If not, you can consolidate spending on that card. For a simple no nonsense card, the flipkart Axis gives 1.5% cashback on all spends including insurance and 5% on Flipkart. Axis Ace is similar.

If you can spend more than 1l a month, the Axis Magnus is a no brainer.
Thanks! That is exactly what I've been doing. I max out the 4x 1500 spend on the MRCC every month. The only issue with the MRCC is, that once you've maxed it for the monthly 4x 1500 spends, unless there's a targeted spend or benefit via the rewards multiplier offers - it's purpose is usually served.

For the rewards multiplier spends, I usually use my Platinum Travel more.
Vandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 14:46   #6186
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 561
Thanked: 2,748 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Looks like HDFC Bank has finally waken up from the slumber to meet the Axis challenge. They have added more airlines miles (British Airways Avios, Air France Fly blue, Ethihad among others) and hotel points partners (Accor, IHG) to transfer the reward points for DCB and Infinia. Though transfer rates are not great for all, it will still be useful for those frequent international travellers as well to those interested in Hotels and Flights redemption.

https://offers.reward360.in/diners/m...nsfer/partners
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 15:28   #6187
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 218 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

This may be a childish question to the members of the forum, but please bear with me.
Ever since my teenage years, I have always wanted a metal card .

However, as I am an NRI for tax purposes ( sailing in the merchant navy), most banks do not agree to issue any credit card to me.

I tried my luck with Amex , but no dice even though I fulfill the financial criteria.

I have a Axis select credit card, due to my loans and FD's with Axis.( Along with the burgundy debit card)
Tried to check online and with customer rep if Axis has a metal card, but could not get a clear answer. The reps are really not trained well.

Does anyone know of a metal card ( Axis or others ) which is issued to NRI's in India.

Again sorry for the childish query, but really want to fulfill atleast one of my many teenage dreams.
itherohan is offline  
Old 4th February 2023, 17:06   #6188
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 7,609
Thanked: 18,325 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itherohan View Post
TDoes anyone know of a metal card ( Axis or others ) which is issued to NRI's in India.
- HDFC has introduced the Metal Infinia, but this is invite-only
- Axis has the Magnus (10K/year) and Reserve (30k/year)
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 21:08   #6189
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Goa
Posts: 825
Thanked: 2,255 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hi Folks,

HDFC has sent me an email saying that I have an upgrade for my MONEYBACK credit card to MILLENIA. I'm sure many of you'll must have already done this with ya CC's; do you'll think it's a worthy upgrade? I'm asking coz the updated card has an annual fee of 1000/- INR, whereas the same was waived off for the MB card.

Also, I didn't find any major benefits with the Millenia card apart from the 5% CB on online shopping, which anyway is there via Smartbuy.

If there's anything else that I have missed, kindly enlighten.
ashvek3141 is online now  
Old 4th February 2023, 22:27   #6190
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: NCR
Posts: 50
Thanked: 207 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hey,
You can try one card
https://www.getonecard.app/



Quote:
Originally Posted by itherohan View Post
This may be a childish question to the members of the forum, but please bear with me.
Ever since my teenage years, I have always wanted a metal card .

However, as I am an NRI for tax purposes ( sailing in the merchant navy), most banks do not agree to issue any credit card to me.

I tried my luck with Amex , but no dice even though I fulfill the financial criteria.

I have a Axis select credit card, due to my loans and FD's with Axis.( Along with the burgundy debit card)
Tried to check online and with customer rep if Axis has a metal card, but could not get a clear answer. The reps are really not trained well.

Does anyone know of a metal card ( Axis or others ) which is issued to NRI's in India.

Again sorry for the childish query, but really want to fulfill atleast one of my many teenage dreams.
lancia_fanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 22:44   #6191
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Madras <-> Cbe
Posts: 2,082
Thanked: 5,680 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Maybe a little too late to discover that Credit cards can be used to pay rent and get lucrative rewards. Looks like Axis as well as HDFC have stopped rewards on rent payment and have started charging a surcharge for rental payments now.

I have now applied for a BPCL Octane card from SBI, as that seems to be the one of the few benefits still left (fuel based returns) for a not-so-frequent traveler like me.
My application has been rejected. Despite having a good Cibil score and an Amazon Pay ICICI credit card with a 5+ lakh limit. Wonder what went wrong - any pointers guys?

Are Amex cards easier to apply and secure?
aravind.anand is offline  
Old 5th February 2023, 08:55   #6192
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 218 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
- HDFC has introduced the Metal Infinia, but this is invite-only
- Axis has the Magnus (10K/year) and Reserve (30k/year)
Thanks for the reply, HDFC is not possible due to tax statusas per them , will go apply for Magnus Guess like I only have Axis cards to look forward to. Thanks for the confirmation that Magnus is a metal card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancia_fanboy View Post
Hey,
You can try one card
https://www.getonecard.app/
Came across this while checking other cards online, but didn't research it as it looked like a scam. Didn't know it was a legitimate card. Thanks, will check it out. Do you have the card if I may ask?
itherohan is offline  
Old 5th February 2023, 09:00   #6193
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: NCR
Posts: 50
Thanked: 207 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itherohan View Post
Came across this while checking other cards online, but didn't research it as it looked like a scam. Didn't know it was a legitimate card. Thanks, will check it out. Do you have the card if I may ask?
Yes I have the one card. I also had a similar fascination with a metal card. The card is not a scam, it's Free of Charge and works just fine. Infact, there is a way to maximise rewards too. Feel free to DM me if you need referral
lancia_fanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 09:07   #6194
BHPian
 
jayram.r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 62
Thanked: 87 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post
Amazon is not allowing to use Credit card for wallet top-up. Paytm charges convenience fee for using credit card to top-up the wallet and Phonepe does not have this option.

I have an AMEX MRCC and want to use the 4x1500 transaction for 1000 points. Any suggestions? Thanks.
You can top up in Swiggy or Ola money & use for future transactions. No extra charges.
jayram.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 09:17   #6195
Senior - BHPian
 
dailydriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Cynical City
Posts: 1,217
Thanked: 6,413 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancia_fanboy View Post
Yes I have the one card. I also had a similar fascination with a metal card. The card is not a scam, it's Free of Charge and works just fine. Infact, there is a way to maximise rewards too. Feel free to DM me if you need referral
Any special benefits applying for the card through referrals?
dailydriver is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks