Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
1,924,121 views Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 14:17   #6256
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Madras <-> Cbe
Posts: 2,061
Thanked: 5,538 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning_cars View Post
There is a trick to avoid this convenience fee for Paytm upto 4000 per month. Just add to your paytm wallet using a 3rd party app like Swiggy, Uber, Blusmart. I use this for 2 of my 4 1500+ transactions per month on my Amex MRCC.
Do apps like Swiggy & Uber have a wallet that takes credit card payments? I never knew that.

Thank you for the tip
aravind.anand is offline  
Old 24th February 2023, 14:25   #6257
BHPian
 
DetectiveMiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: KA-19/21, KA-05
Posts: 78
Thanked: 164 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Do apps like Swiggy & Uber have a wallet that takes credit card payments? I never knew that.

Thank you for the tip
You just need to link your PayTM via Uber or Swiggy. Then in payments section, choose PayTM and add money. Total of 4000 per month is allowed, not per app.
Also, if you have PayTM fastag, then you can do fastag recharge via Cred using credit card (1500 per transaction) and this will also add to PayTM wallet, this way 4000 limit is not considered.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 00:18   #6258
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 85
Thanked: 371 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
What extra advantanges do you get over Regalia.
Unlimited lounge access and just a bit better rewards points system.

Update: without any mail I got FYF upgrade offer for DCB. Now, I'm just trying my luck converting that to LTF.
neelkumar is offline  
Old 26th February 2023, 10:37   #6259
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 99
Thanked: 101 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

I use my Amex MRCC for Insurance Premium payments which fetches 5X rewards.. better than many other CCs as most have already excluded these payments. But I think you need to register for this offer for which Amex runs campaign every now and then.
devilicious is offline  
Old 27th February 2023, 11:46   #6260
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 382
Thanked: 1,007 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
I use my Amex MRCC for Insurance Premium payments which fetches 5X rewards.. better than many other CCs as most have already excluded these payments. But I think you need to register for this offer for which Amex runs campaign every now and then.
Amex MRCC is far from best for Insurance Premium Payments. Much better options out there. Also, MRCC Offer is not 5X, its 5 MR Points per Rs. 100 which is 2.5X of the regular reward rate.

Standard Chartered Ultimate is running a 5X Offer which translates to 16.67%

HDFC Infinia, Axis Magnus, Axis Reserve can get you double digit returns easily if you take the Amazon Pay Gift Voucher Route.
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 12:01   #6261
BHPian
 
Tapish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nainital
Posts: 364
Thanked: 896 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Also, if you have PayTM fastag, then you can do fastag recharge via Cred using credit card (1500 per transaction) and this will also add to PayTM wallet, this way 4000 limit is not considered.
This is great, just tried. Thank you
Tapish is offline  
Old 27th February 2023, 12:34   #6262
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 99
Thanked: 101 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Amex MRCC is far from best for Insurance Premium Payments. Much better options out there. Also, MRCC Offer is not 5X, its 5 MR Points per Rs. 100 which is 2.5X of the regular reward rate.

Standard Chartered Ultimate is running a 5X Offer which translates to 16.67%

HDFC Infinia, Axis Magnus, Axis Reserve can get you double digit returns easily if you take the Amazon Pay Gift Voucher Route.
Yes, you are right. Though, Ultimate, Infinia, Magnus are all ultra premium cards not available with everyone. MRCC most probably is available as LTF to many so mentioned.
devilicious is offline  
Old 27th February 2023, 23:42   #6263
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: hosur
Posts: 30
Thanked: 41 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Good day,

I am here to get some clarity on a chargeback claim. I had paid a security deposit for NEET PG counselling through Amazon Pay ICICI credit card. Now the National medical council has refunded the said amount to other modes of payment and my name is not the list.

"Candidates who have raised Charge Back Claim should approach their card issuer for refund." is what the notice says for people I assume who chose the credit card. Only 29 of the 60k odd people have chosen this mode; sadly I am one, a credit card noob.

I was misinformed that the credit card payment would be adjusted in the fee, never though that it would be refunded. Can somebody clarify on what I am supposed to do to claim the said amount?

Thank you in advance
Happy motoring.

Mod note: Kindly capitalize where necessary, and paragraph the sentences.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th February 2023 at 08:49. Reason: Post formatting
adrift@life is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th February 2023, 10:26   #6264
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,558
Thanked: 2,653 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift@life View Post
Good day,

I am here to get some clarity on a chargeback claim. I had paid a security deposit for NEET PG counselling through Amazon Pay ICICI credit card. Now the National medical council has refunded the said amount to other modes of payment and my name is not the list.

"Candidates who have raised Charge Back Claim should approach their card issuer for refund." is what the notice says for people I assume who chose the credit card. Only 29 of the 60k odd people have chosen this mode; sadly I am one, a credit card noob.

I was misinformed that the credit card payment would be adjusted in the fee, never though that it would be refunded. Can somebody clarify on what I am supposed to do to claim the said amount?

Thank you in advance
Happy motoring.

Mod note: Kindly capitalize where necessary, and paragraph the sentences.
If there is a refund, then it will be reflected in the Credit Card statement.

If you have not done till date, please enable the card online statement, that is register the card for onlime management. Then you can view the current statement of the card spends and cash backs.

In my case I view the spend statement daily for all my cards.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 03:12   #6265
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: New Delhi(Base)
Posts: 45
Thanked: 69 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

I am considering applying for the HDFC Diners Club Privilege Card. Does anyone have experience of Diners Club in India, how good is their network, acceptance, etc. I am weighing this against HDFC Regalia but the annual fee is quite different.
J2022 is offline  
Old 1st March 2023, 07:03   #6266
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 15,569
Thanked: 15,271 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2022 View Post
Does anyone have experience of Diners Club in India, how good is their network, acceptance, etc. I am weighing this against HDFC Regalia but the annual fee is quite different.
Diners Club card is widely accepted, and no issues with usage. You can go ahead with it.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 14:00   #6267
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 3,879
Thanked: 7,168 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2022 View Post
I am considering applying for the HDFC Diners Club Privilege Card.
One of the reason I didn't opt for that was lack of clarity on acceptance abroad.
If that is a criterion for you, you may have to rethink. Else feature wise it was good.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 15:08   #6268
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 480
Thanked: 2,429 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2022 View Post
I am considering applying for the HDFC Diners Club Privilege Card. Does anyone have experience of Diners Club in India, how good is their network, acceptance, etc. I am weighing this against HDFC Regalia but the annual fee is quite different.
Please stay away from Diners network if you are looking it as primary card. I am struggling with DCB since last 6 months. It is just a guessing game whether it will work or not at offline small stores. Many have restricted it along with Amex. Last month, I figured out even Emirates airlines doesn't accept Diners in India while doing flight booking. I escalated to HDFC Bank and to no avail. Not much acceptance in Europe too. Now I am in the process of getting another card.
thanixravindran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 15:12   #6269
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 3,879
Thanked: 7,168 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Has anyone managed to get HDFC Infinia credit card Life time free?
Did you manage to get LTF on Infinia?
mpksuhas is offline  
Old 1st March 2023, 15:22   #6270
BHPian
 
concorde24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 210 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Did you manage to get LTF on Infinia?
Not yet.

Checked with my RM last week and he mentioned that they have LTF requests pending approval for Infinia and still not done yet. I presently have a Regalia LTF card and would prefer a LTF upgrade instead of just 1 year free.

Also, seems there is one more Super premium card up in HDFC roadmap Infinia Reserve in works. As per speculations, it could be below Infinia and above DCB.


Let me know if you know any LTF offerings on Infinia.
concorde24 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks