Old 21st April 2023, 13:28   #6451

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
On the debit card page, I see a note that surcharge is not applicable for HDFC machines but doesn't mention the charges for other machines!

Fuel Surcharge Reversal:
Effective 1st January 2018, Fuel Surcharge would not be applicable for the transactions done on HDFC Bank swipe machines.

I have used UPI at a few IOCL bunks but I notice that points got credited for one bunk but not for the others. Does this loyalty program work at COCO bunks only?

Are there any other hidden charges with UPI? If not then I can move to UPI only instead of using CC.

Also are there any similar apps for BPCL?
Please refer my earlier posts in this thread. Debit cards do have surcharge but capped at 1% + GST IITC. Till a year ago, there was a government mandate for no surcharge upto 2000 rupees irrespective of any machine.

So please use the same pos machine of the same bank that of your card. I never used credit card for fuel because my Citi Bank debit card never charges any surcharge since 2006 and even have 2 points equivalent to 2 INR for every 150 spent including fuel irrespective of card machine. Don't know what will happen after full Axis transition but I am enjoying the party till it lasts. Hence yet to close my account.

On GST refund, it is plain lazy by banks, if they are charging you GST on surcharge, they have to provide you GST invoice and deposit it to government. Ask them by email. GST invoice cancellation was a cumbersome process and adjusting in next time filing is nightmare. So they may simply be paying it or may be not deposited with government.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 16:34   #6452
rkg

Is your card a Diners Card ? And was the PoS machine also of HDFC ?
It's Infinia. POS Machine SBI

I have never faced the issue. Surcharge is always refunded fully. HDFC used to with hold GST portion earlier. With Standard Chartered never faced issue for the past 11 years. Entire surcharge along with GST used to be credited back.

October 2022 transaction is at IOCL, Khurda, Odissa. POS machine didn't remeber. HDFC Diners Black card used
March 2023 transaction is at BPCL outlet. SBI POS machine. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium card was used

Surcharge used to be 2.5% + applicable tax prior to demonetization.

After demonetization surcharge was @1% + applicable tax

Only Amex has 3% at fuel outlets other than HPCL. At HPCL outlets there is no surcharge for AMEX cards
The Credit Card Thread-bpcl_stan_chart_surcharge.jpg  

The Credit Card Thread-diners_iocl_surcharge.jpg  

Last edited by rkg : 21st April 2023 at 16:37.
Old 22nd April 2023, 10:34   #6453

Kindly suggest a good credit card with a partnership with Indian Oil. I want to use this card ONLY for fuel purchases. There are two Indian Oil pumps near my residence. A quick Google search threw up several options - HDFC Bank, Axis, Kotak Mahindra and Citibank.

Which one of these have the best reward point/cashback offers?

Thank you very much.
Old 23rd April 2023, 13:08   #6454

Recently I was watching a Netflix series, "How to get Rich". In that series, host mentions about a credit card benefit wherein you can claim a reimbursement/refund from credit card provider if the thing that you purchased using credit card, lets say a TV, is faulty. I thought it is a US specific option. But in this Moneycontrol article, there is a mention of "Chargeback Claim". Excerpt from article.
Furthermore, you can even dispute authorised transactions if the merchant fails to provide you with the promised service or goods. For example, if you purchase a TV from a merchant and the TV is delivered but is not in working condition, and if the merchant denies a replacement, you can file a chargeback claim with your bank. However, in the case of a debit card, we do not normally have access to such facilities.
Has anyone used this facility in India?
I tried to read in HDFC' credit card T&C, but I could not locate any similar benefit.
Old 23rd April 2023, 13:15   #6455

Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Kindly suggest a good credit card with a partnership with Indian Oil. I want to use this card ONLY for fuel purchases. There are two Indian Oil pumps near my residence. A quick Google search threw up several options - HDFC Bank, Axis, Kotak Mahindra and Citibank.

Which one of these have the best reward point/cashback offers?

Thank you very much.
I use Axis bank Indian oil credit card for fuel transactions. They offer you a decent points program with cashbacks but fuel cashbacks are capped. A decent card.
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 16:52   #6456

Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
I use Axis bank Indian oil credit card for fuel transactions. They offer you a decent points program with cashbacks but fuel cashbacks are capped. A decent card.
Axis IndianOil card is RuPay card now and supports UPI too!
Surcharge waiver is limited to ₹50/ per cycle, which means if spend more than 5000 on fuel per cycle surcharge won't be waived.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 12:12   #6457
Oxy

I owned an HDFC Diners Premium since 2016, which was upgraded to Diners Millenia in early 2022 with a credit limit of 10 lakh plus.

I am unable to use this card due to low acceptance, but as it's lifetime free, didn't cancel it yet. The last time I used this card was on August 2022. Yesterday I got a message from HDFC saying that I am eligible for an upgrade to Diners Black.

On logging in to the website, found out that it carries an annual fee of Rs.10,000 plus GST. I am wondering, what's the point as it still is on the Diners platform so I won't be able to use it as much as I would like due to the low acceptance. Also, I don't want to pay such an exorbitant annual fee.

Not sure if they will give me a LTF Infinia upgrade but asking doesn't hurt. Is there any email id where I can request this? I am not sure if I even have a relationship manager.

PS: I don't have any other relationship with HDFC.

Last edited by Oxy : 24th April 2023 at 12:16.
Old 24th April 2023, 12:27   #6458

Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Not sure if they will give me a LTF Infinia upgrade but asking doesn't hurt.
Try this mail id. customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com. AFAIK Infinia is not LTF, only FYF. But the entire annual fee is credited back as points,excluding GST.
aadya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 12:51   #6459

Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
... Moneycontrol article, there is a mention of "Chargeback Claim". Excerpt from article.

Has anyone used this facility in India?
I tried to read in HDFC' credit card T&C, but I could not locate any similar benefit.
Oh yes, I have used this facility with both HDFC & SBI credit cards. The first was with a scam furniture website - insaraf.com who took an order but just wasn't shipping the item and neither processing the refund, and the second was for a mobile case website who shipped the wrong item, accepted the return and then went silent and didn't ship the right product back.

You call your bank, register the claim (preferably within 60 days of transaction), provide them with proof and if they are convinced you will immediately get a provisional reversal while your bank raises the claim on the merchant bank. This window is 45 days where the merchant / seller can contest your claim and if found valid, the provisional credit will again get reversed, otherwise the case is closed and the reversal is permanent.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 15:30   #6460

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Oh yes, I have used this facility with both HDFC & SBI credit cards. The first was with a scam furniture website - insaraf.com who took an order but just wasn't shipping the item and neither processing the refund, and the second was for a mobile case website who shipped the wrong item, accepted the return and then went silent and didn't ship the right product back.

You call your bank, register the claim (preferably within 60 days of transaction), provide them with proof and if they are convinced you will immediately get a provisional reversal while your bank raises the claim on the merchant bank. This window is 45 days where the merchant / seller can contest your claim and if found valid, the provisional credit will again get reversed, otherwise the case is closed and the reversal is permanent.
Thanks for confirming. Can you please confirm if this is correct form for HDFC to file the claim?

Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Yesterday I got a message from HDFC saying that I am eligible for an upgrade to Diners Black.
On logging in to the website, found out that it carries an annual fee of Rs.10,000 plus GST. I am wondering, what's the point as it still is on the Diners platform so I won't be able to use it as much as I would like due to the low acceptance. Also, I don't want to pay such an exorbitant annual fee.

Not sure if they will give me a LTF Infinia upgrade but asking doesn't hurt. Is there any email id where I can request this? I am not sure if I even have a relationship manager.

PS: I don't have any other relationship with HDFC.
I have used Diners Black for more than 1.5 years. I will strongly recommend you to avoid the paid Diners Black. While unlimited lounge access and Rs 1 conversion ration for each point sounds great, but acceptance is really pathetic. AFAIK LTF Infinia is almost impossible, but even paid Infinia is worth it.

Last edited by VaibhaoT : 24th April 2023 at 15:35.
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 16:07   #6461

Thanks for confirming. Can you please confirm if this is correct form for HDFC to file the claim?

Yes, that's the form, althought I first called customer care and registered the grevience directly with the phone banker. I was then sent this form via email, which had to be filled up and sent back with evidence of my claim & efforts with the merchant to resolve the issue.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:12   #6462

Did anyone get a Rupay credit card ? I am thinking to get one for my UPI payments (Scan and pay for Fuel and random grocery purchases)

I believe HDFC does give Rupay credit cards by my HDFC-RM says it is not yet available. Would appreciate any feedback.
Old 24th April 2023, 20:27   #6463

I have used Diners Black for more than 1.5 years. I will strongly recommend you to avoid the paid Diners Black. While unlimited lounge access and Rs 1 conversion ration for each point sounds great, but acceptance is really pathetic. AFAIK LTF Infinia is almost impossible, but even paid Infinia is worth it.
How can someone get LTF Diners Black?

I have the paid one, in first year right now so planning to cancel soon and move to one AMEX card and an ICICI as backup.

Last edited by Mohitkumaar : 24th April 2023 at 20:28.
Old 24th April 2023, 20:40   #6464

Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
How can someone get LTF Diners Black?

I have the paid one, in first year right now so planning to cancel soon and move to one AMEX card and an ICICI as backup.
Currently DCB is given as LTF through a select college/University alumini program. Please google for the list as there is no official list and email customer care to get through the same.
Old 24th April 2023, 20:43   #6465

Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I have installed simpl app and did a fastag recharge, but there is no option to pay back with a credit card. The only available option is UPI.
Tata Neu has the option of recharging the fastag using credit card
grshnehete is offline   (1) Thanks