Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 09:53   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Gogi,

Have got the email address of the top person in HSBC name is Naina lal Kidwai, shoot a email to her and trust me things will move. Will sms you her email id.

Viper
Thanks Jiggy. Waiting fpor the sms. Will do so asap.
While you're at it, would you/anyone also happen to have the email or contact of anyone in ICICI? Have a similar problem with them too, though not so grave.
Old 29th September 2008, 17:02   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Got an response from RD a hour back thru mail:

content is : -----------------
Due to a technical glitch you seem to have been debited Rs 379.00 twice against your subscription order on 28th August’08 and 4th September’08.

Whilst this duplication is being investigated, we assure you that we are making arrangements with the bank to reverse the excess transaction at the earliest.
Got the extra charge refunded to my account on the 26th. for RD!
Old 29th September 2008, 20:25   #183
BHPian

sent email to ICICI head quality

Lets see how this goes

"To the Head of Quality, ICICI

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is regarding a cheque payment of Rs. xxxxx/- made by a friend to my icici credit card xxxx. The cheque number xxxx is from SBI bank (alibag branch) and dated 25th May 2008. It was deposited in an ICICI drop box, near share market, mumbai on 25th MAy 2008. The amount was debited from my friend's SBI account on 10th June 2008. After repeated talks with the online support via my ICICI login and emails with ICICI support, SR74281617 was opened on 27th July 2008 and I was advised on resolution by 6th Aug 2008. I have provided all the details including the SBI statement which clearly says "DEBIT THROUGH CHEQUE to ICICI xxxx". After no response and resolution, I replied to customer care and they opened a new SR76534201 on Aug 18th 2008 to address the same issue with the resolution time of 8 working days. I sent the scanned copy of the statement again and requested quick closure. Post this, I have received a single call from ICICI hyd (phone number 04066068948) on 22nd Aug 2008, asking me once again to send the SBI statement, cheque number, etc. I told them that I was outside and the same details have been repeatedly indicated in the SR numbers SR74281617 and SR76534201. If still needed they can call me back at another time. Post this I have not received any calls and there is no response to repeated emails sent to ICICI customer support. As a 7 year old ICICI banking and credit card customer, I expect better from ICICI. Please resolve this issue asap!!!

I am attaching the SBI statement once again for your reference (refer attachment sbi statement.jpg)

In line with the procedure listed on ICICI Bank - Customer Care India , I have also sent the same message as above to Mr. A. Kamani, Head, Customer Service. I will be following this with a message to Mr. H. Mehta, Nodal Officer. and Mr. B. Madhivanan, Senior General Manager, Service Quality. Post this, I will be left with no option but to goto RBI Ombudsman or Mr. KV Kamath (MD of ICICI).

As you can see from the repeated emails below, I have been following up regularly for 4+ months with no response from ICICI customer support. Request you to resolve this asap.

Regards,"

Old 30th September 2008, 19:59   #184
BANNED

Using Indian plastic abroad

Anyone used an Indian Credit abroad - do the banks screw you on the
exchange rates, surcharges etc or is it reasonable?

Also can Indian ATM cards be used abroad - with a PIN? i.e. when you
go to a grocery store or a Walmart - you can use a US ATM card (along with PIN punched in their keypads) to pay for stuff - can this be
done with Indian ATM cards?
Old 30th September 2008, 20:21   #185
BHPian

Yes, ATM Cards can be used aboard, the first time when you see your balance, you get the shock, if you have 45K in bank and you checked it using your ATM aboard it shows 1K ;-) this happened to me first time, it took some time to realize that it's showing in USD, any way back to point you can use ATM card as well as CC, the CC charges depends on bank to bank, each one has some type of charges, you can confirm there charges from them before use.

-Pramod
Old 30th September 2008, 22:07   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Well why talk about abroad.

I have 2 HSBC Gold cards and turned up a charge for 25K odd Rs. in one of them. I never make part payment, always full payment.
I issued a cheque with the card number on the face, within the appropriate time limit and paid the amount.

The next statement i receive, its outstanding.

I called them and told them that even the cheque had been cleared but no avail.
The amount today has become 55K plus in a year with numerous letters and emails going unanswered,not to mention the 1000's of calls made with false assurances.
I also submitted them with my bank statements, twice, showing the cheque was cleared.
Just out of curiosity, I requested my bank to give me a copy of the cheque.
To my surprise I find that the courier guy who collects for them has conveniently put the number of my other card (which i dont use at all, hence i didn't check that statement at all) on the back of the cheque.

I check the statement of the other card and sure enough I have a credit balance there.
To add insult to injury i have been charged annual fees (which have never been charged to me in 10 years since i have this card) and have been deducting that from my 25K credit balance that too from a life time free card.

I was furious but wrote a very poilte email to their chief Mr. Dhiraj Dixit, briefing him of the situation, who has not bothered to even reply to my mail.

In the meanwhile I receive a letter asking me to cut my card and that my credit history will be reported. For what for a mistake by the bank itself and their carelessness. If i have written the number of a card on the face of the cheque, how can they deposit it to the credit of the other card?? even if their moronic collection boy makes the mistake? His name is also written behind the cheque.
Meanwhile collection centre idiots are calling me rudely asking when i will pay my outstanding.

I feel like taking them to court and informing the Ombudsman and informing the press. I need to be compensated.

Advice from anyone who may know about these things?
Hey Gogi, If you shoot me a PM with some details, or give me your phone number, I can ask my Premier Executive to sort it out for you. He's just the best, works on holidays, and sorts out my issues within minutes...

I don't know why all of you are facing issues with HSBC, I'm an Add-On account holder to my dad's account in 4 countries, and have an HSBC Credit Card out of India...I've never faced any issue in my 3 years of doing business with them...
Old 1st October 2008, 00:05   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Hey Gogi, If you shoot me a PM with some details, or give me your phone number, I can ask my Premier Executive to sort it out for you. He's just the best, works on holidays, and sorts out my issues within minutes...

I don't know why all of you are facing issues with HSBC, I'm an Add-On account holder to my dad's account in 4 countries, and have an HSBC Credit Card out of India...I've never faced any issue in my 3 years of doing business with them...
Pms on the way DocG.
Thanks for the offer. I have taken it to the highest echelon but you know what, a little push or shove is all that it may need.
Even i have been a HSBC customer for more than 10 years and this is the first time im having a problem of this magnitude.
Thanks again.
Old 1st October 2008, 11:14   #188
BHPian

Tricks by ICICI to make money

For the last two consecutive statements ICICI has charged my credit card for late payment plus the service tax on it eventhough i had paid well within the due date. I used to deposit the cheque in the drop box at their ATM 5 days prior to the due date. After the first statement came with late fee, i increased this to 7 days prior to the due date. Even then the next month, credit card statement came with a late fee. Each time i had to call their customer care and ask them what is the late fee for. The customer service executive had the nerve to tell me that eventhough i had dropped the cheque prior to the due date the credit was done after the due date. I had to argue with him that the debit to my cheque happened within 2 days of dropping it in the drop box and this is before the due date. So, if there is a delay in crediting to my credit card this has to be a problem with ICICI only. They then put me on hold for a long time and then tell me that it is an error and the same will be reversed (which they actually did also). I fail to understand what lengths this bank goes to make money and in the process harass / dissatisfy their customers.
Old 1st October 2008, 11:19   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
For the last two consecutive statements ICICI has charged my credit card for late payment plus the service tax on it eventhough i had paid well within the due date. I used to deposit the cheque in the drop box at their ATM 5 days prior to the due date. After the first statement came with late fee, i increased this to 7 days prior to the due date. Even then the next month, credit card statement came with a late fee. Each time i had to call their customer care and ask them what is the late fee for. The customer service executive had the nerve to tell me that eventhough i had dropped the cheque prior to the due date the credit was done after the due date. I had to argue with him that the debit to my cheque happened within 2 days of dropping it in the drop box and this is before the due date. So, if there is a delay in crediting to my credit card this has to be a problem with ICICI only. They then put me on hold for a long time and then tell me that it is an error and the same will be reversed (which they actually did also). I fail to understand what lengths this bank goes to make money and in the process harass / dissatisfy their customers.
If you own an ICICI account do online transfer or switch to a credit card for which you have saving account and a facility for inline transfer. Try SBI(without account online is possible), Citibank etc. This may solve your problem to some extent and trouble of dropping the cheque in drop boxes

Last edited by aka_iitd : 1st October 2008 at 11:22.
Old 1st October 2008, 11:20   #190
Team-BHP Support

When dealing with customer care executive don't give them information.
Instead ask them questions.

To elaborate for the case above.
Ask if any credit was done last month.
You get an affirmative.
Ask the date.
Ask the due date.
Ask why late payment is being charged.

Always understand that you are not dealing with very smart people. Ok maybe smart but mostly tired people who are not paying attention.
Old 2nd October 2008, 15:18   #191

The problem is because you did not buy anything with it. HSBC and Barclays sometimes throw in clauses like Lifetime free if you just buy 500 bucks worth of stuff in first week or so.

Check the application form you blindly signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Hi,
I was issued with a HSBC Gold credit card last Nov, 2006. I was promised as It will be a LIFETIME Free credit card, (annual charges will waived ).
Nothing is mentioned in welcome kit. This was promised on phone call.
Till this day I haven't used this credit card.

Sept -20 -07 I got a SMS from HSBC saying - Outstanding on your card ************** 9 on 18-Sep-07 is 0.00

Today 21-Nov -07 i do get a SMS from HSBC saying - Outstanding on your card ************** 9 on 17-NOV-07 is 2247.20. Pay full or min amt due of 112.36 by 10-DEC-07.

Now my greviance is why have they charged me their annual charges, when I haven't used the card even once, also It was a free gold credit card.
Now I want to cancel this as well as cancel my credit card.

I called the customer care number, but i'm getting an automated answer as "This facilty is not registered with your card blah blah.. "

How do I go ahead with this.
Thanks in advance
Old 3rd October 2008, 01:16   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Same has happened with me as well on a couple of times. That too being a Platinum card holder. Icici is the biggest thief in all the banks. Avoid it. I use citibank now for everything.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:12   #193
Senior - BHPian

Touch wood but have not faced any single issue with my HDFC gold card. I always deposit the due amount through HDFC net-banking and this hardly takes 5 mins.. Even I availed 50% cash back (On base fare) for my air tickets which saved couple of thousands for me
Old 5th October 2008, 08:39   #194
BHPian

Citibank card – Fraud transaction at Total Mall Sarjapur Road

I did a transaction using my Citibank credit card at Total Mall on 2nd August, 2008. The transaction amount was Rs:1330. This transaction was updated on my August Credit card bill (Statement date 24-08-2008).
Now the shock comes, when I got my September Card Bill, there was a refund of Rs:1330 to my credit card account and a new transaction of amount Rs: 2435 charged to credit card account. Latter I find out from Citibank that Merchant has claimed this(did) only on 22nd September and it was a swipe transaction, confirmed the address of the Total Mall also. I am not aware of this transaction.
I have informed these details to Total, they asked for 2 days to verify this. After 2 days they told me there is nothing wrong with their account and there is no transaction of Rs:2435 from my card number.
Latter I filed a dispute with Citibank for above transaction and I have to contact them after October 11th to know the status.
I don’t know whose mistake is this, Citibank / Total. Latter if Citibank says NO, how do I proceed with this.
Does anybody have same experience?
Old 5th October 2008, 12:13   #195
BHPian

Further to add my above comments, today I have verified account details from Total(Credit card transaction on 2nd August). In that, with my credit card number only one transaction and that was showing the actual amount(rs:1330).
Now i am just waiting for the reply from Citibank. "It's a big headache to deal with these bank people".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks