Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 00:20   #436
BANNED

Ok guys paypal has no option of selecting country now except India for delivery/Gift with Indian billing address .So i ended up deducting 4 $ (tried twice to generate code ) and found it was not working due to issue of address so i cancelled my paypal account.
One Qs will the 4 $ be remitted back in my account .

Now since i was so keen on getting her laptop i have tried Dell.com for a latitude too.

Now this is what happened,

I used the card on 28th August for INR 55,000/- Aprrox (Around $1150 US) but unfortunately the website gave an error on the Master Card Verification page .
So the the order did not go through and neither was i given an order code ,estatement etc .And Dell website stated bank refused transaction as proper verification code was not inserted.

The card was now blocked.
I called up my bank i.e Canara Bank and got the card unblocked.

I again try to use the card on 31th August for approx Rs56,000/- (Around $1150 US) but the transaction comes as declined .
After few minutes i again configure a new laptop for $1348.32/- (approx Rs63000) and i get a order number .

Finally i am happy .(Really i had wanted ThinkpadT410 instead for her than the LatitudeE6410)

Few minutes later i get a mail from dell that i need to call my bank telling them to authorize the transaction .

Today i called them and sent them an email .
They are telling me the 28th August has been authorized by them
I ask but i fed in the wrong verification code and the order was not processed so how can you authorize .They even gave me a reference number asking me get in touch with the merchant .
Furthur they said the other (later) two transaction have been declined due to low credit limit (Credit limit of 1 Lakh).
I tell them but in my master card verification when i check only the $1348.32 US has been processed but you are saying completely opposite.

Finally they said they cannot cancel it and are waiting for dell's banker note regarding the transaction of Rs55,000/- (28th August) .I tell them i want it can celled and he replies they cannot do that .

What do i Do?

What do you people say i do .
Also i have sent an email to dell but no reply so far.

Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 3rd September 2010 at 10:18. Reason: STRICTLY no inappropriate language please. We have a varied audience onboard
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:57   #437
Senior - BHPian

@thrust :Sorry to listen to your ordeal That's why I suggested Google Checkout earlier , it is so much hassle-free compared to Paypal and using banks.

I am facing a similar issue with paypal, Wanted to bid on e-bay for some old lenses and there is no substitute to paypal for ebay :-(

BTW I have no experience with nationalized banks but I have seen that using Citibank CC for such transactions is much more hassel free due to high level of automation then ICICI bank which has most clumsy site.
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:49   #438
Senior - BHPian

You can use billing address of almost any country with Paypal.

The Credit Card Thread-paypal2.png

Obviously, this is different from the list of addresses that you can select when paying someone through their website directly. Ask for their Paypal address and send the money this way.

Last edited by pranavt : 2nd September 2010 at 10:50.
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:28   #439
Senior - BHPian

Hey Pranav, Thanks for help but I do not see this screen at all.

Mods : This dicussion was not about Credit Cards but about Paypal so please move it back.
Old 3rd September 2010, 20:28   #440
BANNED

Same here i tried with 3 different cards but this screen is not there in paypal .
Atleast i didnot see it !
Old 4th September 2010, 10:37   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Hey Pranav, Thanks for help but I do not see this screen at all.

Mods : This dicussion was not about Credit Cards but about Paypal so please move it back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Same here i tried with 3 different cards but this screen is not there in paypal .
Atleast i didnot see it !

Both of you have signed up recently? It takes some time to get through the verification process I think. Read my previous post to get an idea.
Old 4th September 2010, 11:25   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Do you have a HDFC bank account or Credit Card? If you do, then you can create a one time card. It validates with any address.

Using the HDFC 1 time generated card for online purchases is a very convenient option, and I have bought some items from the US (US Shipping address) with that virtual card without any issues.
Heck, I use that option to pay my bills etc in India itself all the time.
Old 6th September 2010, 10:30   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Both of you have signed up recently? It takes some time to get through the verification process I think. Read my previous post to get an idea.
The verification process is over my account is more then 6 months old.
Just that my card was lost so changed my card number , The card is verified and charge of 1.95$ is reverted as well.

paypal has changed policies earlier it never used to ask PAN number now you will be prompted for PAN number and then the gift address is only Indian address. The trouble started only after I updated my PAN number.

So if it is working skip the PAN number if you are prompted to enter.
Old 6th September 2010, 10:54   #444
Senior - BHPian

Don't think you can skip the PAN number part. And I have entered it too.
Old 22nd September 2010, 07:33   #445
Team-BHP Support

I had this slightly weird credit card experience. Since I am not able to understand it, would appreciate if someone can explain it to me.

I have this ICICI card.
My Dad has its add on.

The billing data is 18th of every month.
Using the addon card a refrigerator was purchased on the 6th of July for Rs 20k

Now this item should appear in the statement prepared on 18-July.
But it did not. It appeared instead in the statement prepared on 18-Aug.
In that bill it came with the date as 6-July.
So I have this bill with the line outside the range defined in statement.
Got a really long free credit period. No extra charges or interest.

But I am curious, why did this happen.
Also note that the item was purchased at Croma. So a delay from the merchant is highly unlikely.
Old 22nd September 2010, 07:47   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Now this item should appear in the statement prepared on 18-July.
Correct

Quote:
But it did not. It appeared instead in the statement prepared on 18-Aug. In that bill it came with the date as 6-July.
Clear cut merchant's delay

Quote:
Got a really long free credit period. No extra charges or interest.
Good enjoy

Quote:
IMO, there could be two layers of delays
1. Delay from merchant to send the bill to bank
2. Delay from the bank to realise the merchant's sale

Quote:
Also note that the item was purchased at Croma. So a delay from the merchant is highly unlikely.
Don't know who's Croma, but looks like one of the above mentioned
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:24   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is only one explanation for this. This amount was wrongly debited to someone else in the July statement. That someone protested to the bank, who verified it and debited it to the correct account - yours. But by that time the July statement was out, so it had to necessarily appear in the August statement. Since it was a goof-up by the bank, naturally no charges to you!

Here is a small tip. Naturally everyone will purchase on or a day after the statement cut off date to enjoy the maximum credit period. Most banks will take the transactions that were billed 24/48 hours before cut off, so it will be safe to buy even during this period - usually. But if we ensure the swiping is done in the EDC machine of some other bank instead of ours, that transaction will definitely not appear in that months statement and go to the next statement with no extra charges to us.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:02   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
There is only one explanation for this. This amount was wrongly debited to someone else in the July statement. That someone protested to the bank, who verified it and debited it to the correct account - yours. But by that time the July statement was out, so it had to necessarily appear in the August statement. Since it was a goof-up by the bank, naturally no charges to you!

Here is a small tip. Naturally everyone will purchase on or a day after the statement cut off date to enjoy the maximum credit period. Most banks will take the transactions that were billed 24/48 hours before cut off, so it will be safe to buy even during this period - usually. But if we ensure the swiping is done in the EDC machine of some other bank instead of ours, that transaction will definitely not appear in that months statement and go to the next statement with no extra charges to us.
Precisely this is what I follows for the high value purchases. Even on the statement date's purchase wont rellect the statement if its a third party EDC.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:36   #449
Senior - BHPian

Offlate the "emi" option seems to have been withdrawn, few years back thier was a trend to make a purchase above certain amount and within 18 days of the transaction call the CC and get the transaction converted to EMI, actually this was a great concept which encouraged amny to make purchase including me with CC. but now seems like they have removed this...

So i have canceled my SCB card and i use the ICIC just to make the bill payments these days...
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:29   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Offlate the "emi" option seems to have been withdrawn, few years back thier was a trend to make a purchase above certain amount and within 18 days of the transaction call the CC and get the transaction converted to EMI, actually this was a great concept which encouraged amny to make purchase including me with CC. but now seems like they have removed this...

So i have canceled my SCB card and i use the ICIC just to make the bill payments these days...
Easy EMI schemes are still on with SBI, City, ICICI etc. with a one time processing charge of 2% for 6 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks