Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 11:18   #571
BANNED

re: The Credit Card Thread

Heard the latest from SBI. Now they (SBI-GE caps combo) want a Rs.1lac FDR before issuing a credit card.
Old 6th March 2012, 12:02   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Heard the latest from SBI. Now they (SBI-GE caps combo) want a Rs.1lac FDR before issuing a credit card.
sgiitk, In fact CC's to be issued in blacklisted places have always been like that. I have one like that, with 75% CC limit of the FD.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:33   #573
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I too got the same mail from Citibank. I am yet to reply with an acceptance for this. Apparently they are making Platinum cards to be issued only with an annual fee and in tie up with companies such as IOC. I still see ads of IOC Platinum cards on their site. So they are not withdrawing it altogether.
Citibank recently issued me card which says 'Rewards VISA platinum'. So the card says Platinum Reward, they how do they say they are stopping 'Platinum' cards?. This was issued may be 3 or 4 months ago. Similarly I have a Citibank Indianoil Titanium card which also gets good points when you fill fuel at IOC pumps.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:34   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
It depends on the type of card. The highest rated cards do not attract forex charges from most banks.
Can you name a few? We do a ton of forex transactions on our card and would prefer to avoid the 3.5% forex surcharge charged by most providers.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:48   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Before giving confirmation for converting Citibank Platinum Credit Card to Citibank Reward Card, please redeem your reward points............................................ ......

Rohan
I'm not sure what terms and conditions you have got with Citi card, but for me the rewards points are going to be same. Couple of months ago I also changed one of my other Citi cards too and rewards points of the old card were transferred to the new card with same value. I confirmed this on phone too.

Regards
Old 6th March 2012, 14:49   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have received a mail from Citibank which mentions that Citibank is withdrawing Platinum Credit Cards in a few months and all Platinum Cards would be replaced by Citibank Rewards Card.
Me too received a mail like that. The new one they refer is the Titanium rewards card which I already have which was a replacement for the erstwhile Maruti Suzuki Autocard, which was discontinued when Maruti tied up with SBI and Citibank gave me a Gold card then which was sometime back replaced with the Titanium card.
Old 6th March 2012, 15:02   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Me too received a mail like that. The new one they refer is the Titanium rewards card which I already have which was a replacement for the erstwhile Maruti Suzuki Autocard, which was discontinued when Maruti tied up with SBI and Citibank gave me a Gold card then which was sometime back replaced with the Titanium card.
AFAIK Citibank Platinum credit cards are tied up with VISA, while Citibank Titanium credit cards are tied up with Mastercard.

I have the latter and am happily enjoying zero surcharge in Indian Oil bunks, apart from a host of turbo points every year.
Old 6th March 2012, 15:05   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
AFAIK Citibank Platinum credit cards are tied up with VISA, while Citibank Titanium credit cards are tied up with Mastercard.
I have the latter and am happily enjoying zero surcharge in Indian Oil bunks, apart from a host of turbo points every year.
yes at Indianoil bunks there is no fuel surcharge on the Titanium Mastercard.
For the Platinum also it applies but has to be swiped on the Citibank machine.
Old 6th March 2012, 15:26   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
I'm not sure what terms and conditions you have got with Citi card, but for me the rewards points are going to be same. Couple of months ago I also changed one of my other Citi cards too and rewards points of the old card were transferred to the new card with same value. I confirmed this on phone too.

Regards
I agree that points are transferred when card is changed.

What I'm trying to communicate is that the monetary value of these reward points is different for different type of cards.

For example, 1 platinum card reward point = 1 INR whereas 1 reward card reward point = 0.5 INR. (These are not exact values, I'm just giving an illustration to explain the monetary value of reward points)

Rohan
Old 6th March 2012, 15:31   #580
BHPian

Quote:
I agree that points are transferred when card is changed.

What I'm trying to communicate is that the monetary value of these reward points is different for different type of cards.

For example, 1 platinum card reward point = 1 INR whereas 1 reward card reward point = 0.5 INR. (These are not exact values, I'm just giving an illustration to explain the monetary value of reward points)

Rohan
The monetary value of reward points were same for me last time and are same this time too.
Old 6th March 2012, 15:38   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The monetary value of reward points were same for me last time and are same this time too.
I checked the rewards catalog on the Citibank website for Citibank Platinum Card and Citibank Reward Card.

There was a great difference in the number of reward points required to be redeemed for the same item, hence implying that the effective monetary value of reward point is different for these two type of cards. Please refer to the Tata Sky Recharge voucher example posted by me in post # 570.

Rohan
Old 6th March 2012, 15:46   #582
BHPian

Quote:
There was a great difference in the number of reward points required to be redeemed for the same item, hence implying that the effective monetary value of reward point is different for these two type of cards. Please refer to the Tata Sky Recharge voucher example posted by me in post # 570.

Rohan
Not for arguing, but that is the reason I said, I'm not sure of the terms and conditions on your card. But for me there were about 3000 point on my platinum card and when Citi replaced it with new card I claimed the same 3000 points as Rs 3000 for some bill payment.
Old 6th March 2012, 16:02   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not for arguing, but that is the reason I said, I'm not sure of the terms and conditions on your card. But for me there were about 3000 point on my platinum card and when Citi replaced it with new card I claimed the same 3000 points as Rs 3000 for some bill payment.
No offence taken mate.

I was just trying to explain my case. I agree that the same may not be true for all types of cards.

Rohan
Old 6th March 2012, 16:37   #584
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
Can you name a few? We do a ton of forex transactions on our card and would prefer to avoid the 3.5% forex surcharge charged by most providers.
Standard Chartered Visa Infinite. I think most cards labelled as 'Black' have this. Ditto for my Visa Platinum ATM cum Debit card from the same bank.
Old 6th March 2012, 16:38   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody using Citibank Platinum Credit Card ?

I have received a mail from Citibank which mentions that Citibank is withdrawing Platinum Credit Cards in a few months and all Platinum Cards would be replaced by Citibank Rewards Card.

I don't understand how and why a particular series of Credit Cards can be withdrawn suddenly by the company.

Rohan
I think this information is not true. I have a citibank platinum credit card for the past 3 years. It expired last month, they had promptly sent a replacement card before the expiry date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks