Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 13:48   #706
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Last I checked - a Lucknow mumbai ticket was 12000 miles (some special offer going on at Jet airways where they were doing redemptions at 20 % fewer miles). Normally its 15000 miles I think.
Thats a hideous offer :-(
Seems they are not obeying the normal Airmiles and making fool of customers.

Lucknow - mumbai airmile as per standards is only 650 miles, so why the heck they are charging around 20 times of actual Air miles.
This makes me think of other options to redeem points and some other goodies.
Old 11th June 2012, 13:55   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Thats a hideous offer :-(
Seems they are not obeying the normal Airmiles and making fool of customers.

Lucknow - mumbai airmile as per standards is only 650 miles, so why the heck they are charging around 20 times of actual Air miles.
This makes me think of other options to redeem points and some other goodies.
Its actually 8400 miles right now (12000 miles is without the current offer). I just edited my previous post.

I'm not sure what you mean by actual air miles. Most of the programs that I know of have similar redemption. For example - Air India charges 5000 miles for a Lucknow-Delhi ticket. Kingfisher has similar redemption, so does Emirates.
Old 27th August 2012, 23:00   #708
BHPian

I have been using Standard Chartered Inner Circle Platinum Card from past 8 months and not at all happy with the card reward points, its useless as I cannot redeem the points anywhere expect lifestyle stores. Only reason i got this because there was no Annual or Joining fee for this card. Is there a way to upgrade the card to different product ? I did talk to their customer care but they say there is no option to change the card. They asked me to cancel the card and apply again for a different card which i do not want.

Had anyone had the Inner Circle Platinum Card before and Did Standard Chartered upgrade it ?

Last edited by CRV2010 : 27th August 2012 at 23:01.
Old 28th August 2012, 09:44   #709
Senior - BHPian

^^Get a Citibank Platinum card. No annual fee and the points are redeemable just about anywhere, for anything.
Old 28th August 2012, 10:19   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I have been using Standard Chartered Inner Circle Platinum Card from past 8 months and not at all happy with the card reward points, its useless as I cannot redeem the points anywhere expect lifestyle stores. Only reason i got this because there was no Annual or Joining fee for this card.
Same case here, I have a Stanchart rewards Platinum CC and the rewards for redeeming are totally useless. Earlier they had Big Bazaar vouchers so atleast the points redeemed used to help for buying monthly groceries, now they dont even have that.
The only adv of having the card is 5X points for every 100/- spent at fuel pumps or hotels and 2X points for every spend elsewhere. Wiating for the expiry of the card, will dump it then.
Old 28th August 2012, 10:37   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^Get a Citibank Platinum card. No annual fee and the points are redeemable just about anywhere, for anything.

So is citibank the best? how about hdfc?
Old 28th August 2012, 10:40   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Same case here, I have a Stanchart rewards Platinum CC and the rewards for redeeming are totally useless. Earlier they had Big Bazaar vouchers so atleast the points redeemed used to help for buying monthly groceries, now they dont even have that.
The only adv of having the card is 5X points for every 100/- spent at fuel pumps or hotels and 2X points for every spend elsewhere. Wiating for the expiry of the card, will dump it then.
The Card which i have is Inner Circle Platinum Card where its points cannot be redeemed for anything except at lifestyle and other affiliated stores.
Old 28th August 2012, 11:31   #713
Senior - BHPian

Is there an option with credit card providers to transfer the points accumulated from one card to another but for different CC providers. I know one can tranfer the card balance amount but would like to know if this can be done for the points as well.
Old 28th August 2012, 12:07   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
So is citibank the best? how about hdfc?
As a card HDFC is good. But one reward point equals just 50 paise or less, and you can redeem only against specific coupons. In Citi card, you can buy just about anything from any shop and adjust the points against card dues on the due date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is there an option with credit card providers to transfer the points accumulated from one card to another but for different CC providers. I know one can tranfer the card balance amount but would like to know if this can be done for the points as well.
It is possible only when you do a card swap - for instance from gold to platinum or from non co-branded to co-branded card with the same issuer. Not possible when you have two card accounts with the same issuer and want to close one. With two different issuers, it is out of the question!

Last edited by Gansan : 28th August 2012 at 12:09.
Old 28th August 2012, 14:42   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
its useless as I cannot redeem the points anywhere expect lifestyle stores. Had anyone had the Inner Circle Platinum Card before and Did Standard Chartered upgrade it ?

+1 to that CRV. This thing is absolute waste. What's more they actually misspelled my name on the card the first time. . Its being lying unused. No plans to revive.
Old 28th August 2012, 15:58   #716
Team-BHP Support

After being a SCB credit card customer for over 7 years, i still have to pay the annual fee, which was never waived off. To add to my woes, the rewards system is horrible, and leaves you feeling cheated.

I have therefore relegated the SCB card as a secondary card with some credit of a few rupees thrown in, and now use a Citibank platinum card, which appears much better overall.
Old 28th August 2012, 16:01   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I have therefore relegated the SCB card as a secondary card with some credit of a few rupees thrown in, and now use a Citibank platinum card, which appears much better overall.
Is it the Indianoil citibank platinum card?
Old 28th August 2012, 16:11   #718
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Is it the Indianoil citibank platinum card?
No, this is not the co-branded one. The one i am using is the standard Citibank platinum rewards card.

Also, i am not comfortable filling fuel from Indian Oil outlets, so there is no way i would pick the Indian Oil card.
Old 28th August 2012, 16:19   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
After being a SCB credit card customer for over 7 years, i still have to pay the annual fee, which was never waived off. To add to my woes, the rewards system is horrible, and leaves you feeling cheated.

When SCB started charging me after the first year for Manhattan card, i told i am cancellling the card and they immediately waived of the charge.
Old 28th August 2012, 16:27   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29

No, this is not the co-branded one. The one i am using is the standard Citibank platinum rewards card.

Also, i am not comfortable filling fuel from Indian Oil outlets, so there is no way i would pick the Indian Oil card.
We've got something in common I usually fill up at BP and I get charged 1-2% or something I think, but I'm okay with that.

The best thing is I have it linked it with my Suvidha account and transactions are a breeze. Love the rewards system and there ain't no annual fee! This month I got an add-on card on my Platinum for wifey; same benefits and reward system.

I also had the American Express Gold card, but after the first year free they said they were gonna charge 4.5k annual fee, which I couldn't agree with because I could do everything and more with my Citibank Platinum than with the Amex Gold; also, Amex is yet to be accepted everywhere and many places they charge 2% extra if using the Amex card. Cancelled it.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 28th August 2012 at 16:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks