Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 16:32   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
No, this is not the co-branded one. The one i am using is the standard Citibank platinum rewards card.

Also, i am not comfortable filling fuel from Indian Oil outlets, so there is no way i would pick the Indian Oil card.
The only advantage of the SCB Platinum rewards card is any fuel purchase or dining at restaurants you 5X the points for every rs 100/- spent. I guess this is not available in any other CC IMO.
Old 28th August 2012, 16:37   #722
BHPian

After having used my HSBC platinum card for almost 4 + years , i have got it disconnected via Phone banking. Is there anything else i need to do so that it doesn ;t reflect badly in my CIBIL report. Dues are all clear, in fact HSBC owns me some 20 paise
Old 28th August 2012, 16:44   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar
After having used my HSBC platinum card for almost 4 + years , i have got it disconnected via Phone banking. Is there anything else i need to do so that it doesn ;t reflect badly in my CIBIL report. Dues are all clear, in fact HSBC owns me some 20 paise
Make sure you get a letter from the bank stating all dues are cleared and the card has been canceled on your request and save this letter somewhere safe; you never know when you require it.
Old 28th August 2012, 17:26   #724
BHPian

I normally use credit card of same bank where I have my salary or other saving account. So currently I use ICICI Gold credit card (also debit card attached to saving account). ICICI's reward program is managed by Payback. Recently I used some 13500 reward points to get LG DVD Player. I think the market cost of this player is around 3000.00. So 1 reward point translates to 22 paisa.
Old 28th August 2012, 17:36   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Did the Rep on the Phone give you a reference number. If you have it you are good to go. I guess the confirmation on the cancellation will after 10 working days or so.

By the way I too recently cancelled my HSBC (some) card and got the reference number for the request.
Old 6th September 2012, 16:55   #726
BHPian

Quote:
It would be better to send them a mail or letter with the reference. This would help in the event of any dispute.
Old 6th September 2012, 17:07   #727
BHPian

Point noted.

Have requested them to send me a No dues certificate in soft copy and are sending me a hard copy as well.

thanks for the help guys . i am complete mess when it comes to financial matters.
Old 6th September 2012, 17:14   #728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In a fit of rage, i too cancelled my HSBC card some 5 years back and never asked for a confirmation email or letter.

They kept sending me statements with amount due as Rs.1 or 1.50 for about 2 years with my dues going up to a princely 50 bucks or something

I used to just tear the statement each month i received it.

Suddenly, after 2 years it magically stopped. They blew lot of postal and paper money on me for nothing
Old 6th September 2012, 17:24   #729
BHPian

As per procedure they are supposed to recover even if outstanding amount is 0.1 paise. So technically they were correct . paper and all postal stuff hardly matters to them . process must be followed.

Between HSBC owns 0.81 paise to me . wondering how they will settle it or they might settle .81 paise against your 1 rs outstanding .
Old 6th September 2012, 20:21   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
They havent listed this anywhere. Basically if the business is listed as retail shop then the transaction is eligible. Never had any issues with all big malls. Also use in local stores as well.
The cashback is based on the MCC (Merchant category code) as listed by the merchant with VISA. There is no way for the bank to ascertain this. Any establishment which is listed under 'departmental store/supermarket' will automatically get the cashback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Oops this is not good, since I have a number of purchases at grocery stores which are between Rs. 500 - Rs. 1000.

You get 5% cash back limited to Rs. 200 per transaction

Cash back in limited to Rs. 500 only AFAIK. And the cash back on fuel transactions is only 2.5% since the rest is surcharge waiver.
the min purchase for a cashback was recently changed to Rs. 1000 from 500. Yes there is max limit of Rs. 200 cashback for one transaction. Also the max cashback in a month is limited to Rs. 500.

The 500 limit applies to both Manhattan and Super value titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I have been using Standard Chartered Inner Circle Platinum Card from past 8 months and not at all happy with the card reward points, its useless as I cannot redeem the points anywhere expect lifestyle stores. Only reason i got this because there was no Annual or Joining fee for this card. Is there a way to upgrade the card to different product ? I did talk to their customer care but they say there is no option to change the card. They asked me to cancel the card and apply again for a different card which i do not want.

Had anyone had the Inner Circle Platinum Card before and Did Standard Chartered upgrade it ?
The proposition of the Innercircle card is built around lifestyle points. If thats not what you want, you can definitely request for another card. be firm with the call centre and they should be able to process it for you. It will be a no docs process afaik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Same case here, I have a Stanchart rewards Platinum CC and the rewards for redeeming are totally useless. Earlier they had Big Bazaar vouchers so atleast the points redeemed used to help for buying monthly groceries, now they dont even have that.
The only adv of having the card is 5X points for every 100/- spent at fuel pumps or hotels and 2X points for every spend elsewhere. Wiating for the expiry of the card, will dump it then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The only advantage of the SCB Platinum rewards card is any fuel purchase or dining at restaurants you 5X the points for every rs 100/- spent. I guess this is not available in any other CC IMO.
Manhattan offers you 5x rewards on ALL spends! On super markets/departmental store you get 5% cashback
Old 6th September 2012, 20:33   #731
Team-BHP Support

Guys I have a Citibank Platinum card, its got quite a few nice benefits. I was wondering if there is any better card than this, possibly with more benefits that I could try and get?
Old 6th September 2012, 20:36   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Difficult to say. Different people have different opinions. HDFC seems to be universally accepted as one of the better service providers, though. I have a Signature card with them and use it almost exclusively.

Citi actually cancelled my card last month Apparently I didn't use it frequently enough. I was surprised because they usually call and do anything to retain a customer. But I guess times have changed. The only annoying thing is that I still receive offer emails on my now-defunct card. You'd imagine their CRM would take off non-customers from the list automatically!
Old 6th September 2012, 21:02   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
Guys I have a Citibank Platinum card, its got quite a few nice benefits. I was wondering if there is any better card than this, possibly with more benefits that I could try and get?
Well it depends on what you use your card for most often and the benefits the citi card is offering you and if you are willing to take a charged card. Manhattan is extremely good with 5% cash back at departmental stores and 5x rewards on all other spends is good. But it's 999 annual fee. You might try a waive off if you spend good amount on the card. Likewise super value titanium is good for cash back on fuel, telecom, utility.

If you list your requirements better you will get more accurate suggestions
Old 7th September 2012, 05:46   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
.. Manhattan is extremely good with 5% cash back at departmental stores and 5x rewards on all other spends is good. But it's 999 annual fee.
When I received the card, charges for first year was waived off. Not sure how they provide it now. In second year when they charged, i told I am cancelling at which they reverted the charges
Old 7th September 2012, 06:16   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
In a fit of rage, i too cancelled my HSBC card some 5 years back and never asked for a confirmation email or letter.

They kept sending me statements with amount due as Rs.1 or 1.50 for about 2 years with my dues going up to a princely 50 bucks or something

I used to just tear the statement each month i received it.

Suddenly, after 2 years it magically stopped. They blew lot of postal and paper money on me for nothing
IMHO, you should be careful. These debts, even small, can affect your CIBL rating. It is better to clear the same, so that it does not affect your score.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks