Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2013, 15:12   #886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Looks like there are more such cases on Citibank Cards. I am also using a Citibank card and it was swiped for 150CAD at a fuel station in Canada. Simillar issues (different countries) are reported by friends / friends of friends. The common thing about this is "Citibank Card".

@windsurfer, have you visited Bangalore in recent past and if so lets see if there is any common place we have swiped our cards..!! may be helpful for others to avoid such places. (I haven't visited Hyd in the last 10years).

Thanks
Rajesh
That's funny. I was in Bangalore from 28-12-12 to 5-1-13. I can't think of any place where this could happen. I swiped my card at Nandini's, Metro, Phoneix mall, Forum value mall. Most of these places seem decent. But, you never know.

I hope that we can move to smart cards. They have very less chances of cloning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
Why the charge slip? It does not contain the full 16 digit number, nor the expiry of the card, nor the CVV.
Card Statements from Citibank does not contain full card number and no card details. BTW, I get the statement by mail. So, never had to dispose them till now :-)

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th January 2013 at 16:37. Reason: Back to back posts. Please refrain, next time infraction
Old 24th January 2013, 15:47   #887
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Card Statements from Citibank does not contain full card number and no card details. BTW, I get the statement by mail. So, never had to dispose them till now :-)
I dont think RBS carries the card number either, but HDFC definitely does. But my question was wrt the charge slip, not the statement.
Old 24th January 2013, 15:47   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
That's funny. I was in Bangalore from 28-12-12 to 5-1-13. I can't think of any place where this could happen. I swiped my card at Nandini's, Metro, Phoneix mall, Forum value mall. Most of these places seem decent. But, you never know.

I hope that we can move to smart cards. They have very less chances of cloning.
Are you refering to the Metro on Yeswatpur or Kanakapura road...??? I also used my card at Metro @ Kanakapura road in recent past.
Old 24th January 2013, 16:46   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Are you refering to the Metro on Yeswatpur or Kanakapura road...??? I also used my card at Metro @ Kanakapura road in recent past.
Kanakpura Road. I hope Metro is not the place we are looking for
Old 24th January 2013, 17:43   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
Why the charge slip? It does not contain the full 16 digit number, nor the expiry of the card, nor the CVV.
I expect a few of the older PoS machines are still around - the ones that print the full card number and expiry date. It is safe to be careful.

Quote:
Looks like there are more such cases on Citibank Cards. I am also using a Citibank card and it was swiped for 150CAD at a fuel station in Canada.
Citibank has done some bloopers in the past. For a while Shoppers Stop used to email out a monthly "statement" to holders of their co-branded cards. This email used to contain the full card number in plain text. I had sent a letter (paid for courier and all) to Citibank and had demanded them replace my card when they started doing this to me (which, to their credit, they did and also got SS to stop this practice).

Last edited by binand : 24th January 2013 at 17:45.
Old 26th January 2013, 00:53   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
I.. Let me wait & see. I was told I will get a new card with the same number (I think).
Well, I already received the replacement card this morning. Within <36 hours of getting their call citing potential fraud. Makes me believe, they dispatched a new card & realised that they have goofed up & hence the "potential fraud" drama

The new card has a different number (unlike I thought), but the expiry is into 2018 (from 2006). Anyways, they again confirmed that the features (as is)/charges remain same(0) and I am happy again
Old 26th January 2013, 07:49   #892
BHPian

So at the height of a personal (almost) financial crisis, HDFc upgraded me from Platinum Plus to Visa signature. So much for timing. Though I must say the card looks imposing in black.

A quick question- the card is offering a membership to Priority Pass for INR 500, and a subsequent charge of USD 27 for every use, which I believe is very expensive.
On the other hand, the Visa signature website provides complimentary access to Airport Lounges. Is anyone aware of the differences?

Cheers,
Tapish
Old 26th January 2013, 20:17   #893
BHPian

@Tapish : Priority Pass is an independant entity that sets up Premium Airport Lounges worldwide. Membership to Priority Pass would cost you $99 which in your case, I guess, is being provided by HDFC Bank on your Visa Signature card. Access to these lounges, however, would be charged at $27 per visit on the Visa Signature card. There are higher variants of HDFC cards who do not charge you on access & usage of facilities as well.

There are also separate Airport Lounges that Visa, as an issuer, has tied up with and you could access these lounges with your HDFC Visa Signature Card itself without the $27 charge.

However, Priority Pass Lounges are far higher in number (over 600 worldwide if I'm right) as compared to just a handfull of Visa tie up lounges.

Trust this helps
Old 26th January 2013, 20:31   #894
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
So at the height of a personal (almost) financial crisis, HDFc upgraded me from Platinum Plus to Visa signature. So much for timing. Though I must say the card looks imposing in black.

A quick question- the card is offering a membership to Priority Pass for INR 500, and a subsequent charge of USD 27 for every use, which I believe is very expensive.
On the other hand, the Visa signature website provides complimentary access to Airport Lounges. Is anyone aware of the differences?

Cheers,
Tapish
I enjoy that Priority Pass privilege on FOC basis. It is a good service where you can separate yourself from the world in those lounges. The flipside is that you end up spending a bit on the chargeable extras at the lounge. Frankly I don't really mind though!
Old 27th January 2013, 16:24   #895
BHPian

Hi

I do not have a credit card now, I do all my shopping on debit card.

was looking to benefit from the reward/cashback that the credit cards gives.

Which credit card do you suggest for that?
my spending will be limited to the amount I can pay the credit card bill every month fully.

should I go for HDFC or CITI

and reward points or cashback?

please help.
Old 27th January 2013, 16:40   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawald3 View Post
Hi

I do not have a credit card now, I do all my shopping on debit card.

was looking to benefit from the reward/cashback that the credit cards gives.

Which credit card do you suggest for that?
my spending will be limited to the amount I can pay the credit card bill every month fully.

should I go for HDFC or CITI

and reward points or cashback?

please help.
ICICI gives reward points(payback) on its debit card and even Internet banking transactions including autodebits, investments through icicidirect.
Iam not sure of points for fuel purchase though. The credit card however gets points at HP pumps
Old 30th January 2013, 14:17   #897
BHPian

My Citibank credit card due date was Monday 28th, I paid through netbanking from my ICICI bank account on Saturday 26th. At the very least payment should have been processed on 28th, the next working day. However I received SMS from Citibank that they have received payment on 29th. I thought netbanking transfers are almost instant.

Who is responsible for this delay- Citi or ICICI? Am I looking at interest being charged on all transactions till next billing, due to this delay?
Old 30th January 2013, 14:23   #898
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
My Citibank credit card due date was Monday 28th, I paid through netbanking from my ICICI bank account on Saturday 26th. At the very least payment should have been processed on 28th, the next working day. However I received SMS from Citibank that they have received payment on 29th. I thought netbanking transfers are almost instant.

Who is responsible for this delay- Citi or ICICI? Am I looking at interest being charged on all transactions till next billing, due to this delay?
The due date on my SBI card was 26-Jan.

I did a net payment via icici on 24-Jan.

Yesterday my sbi online statement showed a fine of Rs 550 for late payment. No sign of the payment.

Today, the amount appears in the online statement.
The payment received date is given as 24-Jan.
There is a Rs 550 reversal charge as well.
Old 30th January 2013, 14:23   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite

In most of the cases, payments take two working days to reflect in accounts.

In your case, I don't think Citibank will apply any late payment fees.
Old 30th January 2013, 15:48   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post

Netbanking transfers in ICICI are instant if you are transferring within ICICI Bank.
To payments being made to third parties, the process is as under:
  • Payments made before 2pm gets credited the same working day.
  • Payments made after 2pm gets credited the next working day.
Incase of payments being made to credit card companies. Normally the time which the payment takes is 1-2 days for which time cushion should be kept.
However, in your case, I don't think that CITI will be charging any late fees as the payment was initiated before the due date.
As far as charging interest on all transaction till next billing is concerned. Don't worry, thats not going to happen as interest is charged till the time payment is received by CITI.
In your case if CITI would be charging any interest then it would be only for a day. Which is not going to happen.
Chill..!

I have been using CITI Bank credit card for more than 3 years now and I also make payment of the same through ICICI net banking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks