Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 12:59   #916
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

In my case too, Stanchart immediately SMS's and e-mails me of the transaction done. Receive SMS within 30secs to 1 min from the card being swiped. many a times I am yet to sign the transaction foil and I get an SMS. Every mail alerts offer the easy EMI scheme irresepctive of the amount of purchase. Makes me wonder why do they take such a long time to resolve customer queries/issues.
Old 4th February 2013, 13:13   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I do not know if it is a network problem. But my guess is it isn't. Because i got SMS yesterday morning even before i could sign the charge slip.
I am getting HDFC CC transaction Alerts on Reliance CDMA since ages, even for all 5-6 transactions done in last 3 days
Old 4th February 2013, 13:47   #918
BANNED

Sometimes there are network problems. Twice sms'es from StanC have taken over half a day due to network congestion on Reliance CDMA or their end. But this is spread over well over two years.
Old 4th February 2013, 14:14   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Courier companies play dirty games, they don't attempt, but report as attempted. This happened with me when I had booked some vouchers from Citibank. In this case, it was Bluedart. If Bluedart can do it, every Tom, Dick and Harry will do it.

Edit: I checked the statements that I received from HDFC Bank. From address is emailstatements@hdfcbank.net
Okay, hdfcbank.net is legit. Good to know. I got a card returned SMS from HDFC, so right now it is in HDFC possession. Nothing to suspect Bluedart right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Guite, if you have any issues with HDFC credit card, PM me and I can resolve your issue
Thanks for the offer. Right now nothing critical. Will take you up on your offer if and when the need arise.
Old 4th February 2013, 16:45   #920
Senior - BHPian

I too had this; got an SMS stating that the ICICI card has been returned due to insufficient address. Strangely, all ICICI documents are getting delivered for the last 10 years except this one. Called ICICI promptly and requested for a re-send.
Old 6th February 2013, 20:30   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
There is no such thing as likely to be compromised. The card is either compromised or not. In this particular case, you say no and continue with the card and there is a fraud after a few days, will be bank say that we had warned you, you did not agree and hence we have no liability? NO. Your card is not likely to be compromised, BUT THE BANK WANTS TO SELL YOU A CARD WITH CHIP, THAT WILL OBVIOUSLY COME WITH AN ANNUAL CHARGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
My colleague yesterday got the same call. She asked for a mail confirmation. Dont think any mail has come yet.
Ooops !! I am reading this thread too late, I guess. I got a call from ICICI Bank saying the same thing ("my card is likely to be compromised") and they sent me a new card after they asked for my confirmation over phone.

So I have got this new "chip" card. I don't see a difference between a chip card and the older card (which is now deactivated).

They didn't say anything about an annual fee. I hope they don't charge any such crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Latest Manhattan statement has this Note:

Also found this

So just checked my statement again to find that one cash back from Hyper City is missing and for another one they have given 1% instead of 5%

I have mailed them.Waiting for reply
@Rajesh, Even I saw the disturbing line that cash back is no longer applicable but in my latest statement (Feb) they have still given the cash back on fuel and utilities.

On the other hand, they have charged Rs. 92 as "charges" without a single line of explanation. I have a 3 month old Stanchart card. When I got the card, the terms clearly mentioned no annual fee for the first year. But then they have charged me this 92/- bucks. Have to get it clarified.
Old 6th February 2013, 21:57   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post

@Rajesh, Even I saw the disturbing line that cash back is no longer applicable but in my latest statement (Feb) they have still given the cash back on fuel and utilities.

On the other hand, they have charged Rs. 92 as "charges" without a single line of explanation. I have a 3 month old Stanchart card. When I got the card, the terms clearly mentioned no annual fee for the first year. But then they have charged me this 92/- bucks. Have to get it clarified.
Cash back is still applicable. You need to specify to them that you need it else they will start giving vouchers. This is what I understood from it.
I had mailed them with my choice.

Why they gave me less cashback was because i had reached max limit for cashback for that month. Also in case they charge you any fee, mail to them . In case its for any unreasonable stuff, their mail signature will have an escalation address to which you can escalate.
Old 6th February 2013, 22:52   #923
BHPian

Guys
Any clue what is the deal about these "chip" credit cards?
I have been using an ICICI credit card for last 10 years and they keep on upgrading and sending a new cards from time to time.
Last month I got a call from them asking to upgrade to some Coral card. My answer was NO to any card with anual fees. However last week I got the same credit card I was using with a microchip on it (like the one on a SIM card). The credit limit and everything is the same.
Anyone has got any ideas how these cards are different?

Cheers,
Old 6th February 2013, 23:58   #924
Distinguished - BHPian

I just cancelled my current card because of some mis-use! Now they say that if they issue me a new card, they will charge an annual fee. I had it already on the card on the condition that if my total annual usage is more than the limit, they will waive off the annual fee.

Is there any card without any annual fee? ICICI agent says ALL cards are now charged, there are NO free cards at all.
Old 6th February 2013, 23:59   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
So I have got this new "chip" card. I don't see a difference between a chip card and the older card (which is now deactivated).

They didn't say anything about an annual fee. I hope they don't charge any such crap.
I suggest you to email to ICICI now (yes email - not call - to have a proof) stating that you do not expect any changes in the annual fees/renewal fees (any fees) for this new card and ask for their confirmation. This will come handy in case they charge you any fee later (after 1 year typically).

PS: I had posted the original msg here about this call from ICICI stating the card is compromised. I have got a normal card (without chip) because I was very particular that I do not want any kind of changes to my card (fees/plan/type etc).
Old 7th February 2013, 00:51   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Is there any card without any annual fee? ICICI agent says ALL cards are now charged, there are NO free cards at all.
Am using Citi IOC card for the past 5+ year's. AFAIK No annual fee as well as renewal fee and you get free fuel too.
Old 7th February 2013, 07:39   #927
J.Ravi

Quote:
My chip-embedded Axis Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card is free of issuance/annual charges without any strings attached. Since the full amount gets deducted on the due date from my Axis Bank account every month, I don't pay any interest. Somebody is trying to misguide you.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 7th February 2013 at 07:47.

Old 7th February 2013, 09:55   #928
BHPian

Quote:
I just cancelled my current card because of some mis-use! Now they say that if they issue me a new card, they will charge an annual fee. I had it already on the card on the condition that if my total annual usage is more than the limit, they will waive off the annual fee.

My Citibank IOC card is not charged.
Old 7th February 2013, 10:32   #929
BHPian

I own these cards and none of my cards are charged
- RBS smart gold card
- Citibank IOC
- IndusInd Landmark platinum (earlier Deutsche Bank)
- HDFC Gold card
Old 7th February 2013, 10:59   #930
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday there was a main page report on the global credit card scam that is going on for quite some time.
Most of the banks have issued notices and are providing replacement cards to their customers.

Link to the article.
Global gang skims Indian credit card users of 30cr in 2 months

Please be careful when you use your credit card. It is always advisable to use a credit card with an embedded chip.

Most Viewed