Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 16:23   #1651
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I am using a Rewards card and swiped it in Pizza Hut last month and didn't get any discount or cash back. Should we ask for it or it is done automatically?
I have used by Citibank Rewards card at Pizza Hut. If I understand correctly, there are two kinds of discount you have on the card. One is the usual discount (like in Pizza Hut) wherein you will be offered a fixed discount (say 10%) on your bill i.e. reward points do not come into picture at all. Say your bill in Pizza Hut comes out to be Rs 1000 and there is a 10% discount for Citibank credit card, the card will be swiped for Rs 900. Note that you will have to tell the person swiping your card about this other wise he will not do it OR simply miss it. When I went to pizza Hut, I had specifically told about my card.

The other kind of discount is via redeeming your reward points (which you earn when you spend via the credit card). I have done this at Bookmyshow.com for movie tickets. Say you have a balance of 10k points on your card and you need to book two tickets for Rs 500. While paying for the tickets, you get an option for selecting "Buying via Reward Points". Here your Rewards point balance will be deducted for the movie tickets (depending on the conversion rate). If you do not have sufficient points ,the transaction will obviously not go through.

Hope I am clear
Old 31st July 2014, 10:33   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hope I am clear
Yes you are, very much. I did miss out the discount part, moreover in few restaurants the discount is rightly mentioned in the menu card, leather enclosure where our bill is kept or the table sheet of paper. I didn't find any of these in Pizza hut. Let me be more cautious in the future.
Old 31st July 2014, 11:08   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I have used by Citibank Rewards card at Pizza Hut. If I understand correctly, there are two kinds of discount you have on the card. One is the usual discount (like in Pizza Hut) wherein you will be offered a fixed discount (say 10%) on your bill i.e. reward points do not come into picture at all. Say your bill in Pizza Hut comes out to be Rs 1000 and there is a 10% discount for Citibank credit card, the card will be swiped for Rs 900. Note that you will have to tell the person swiping your card about this other wise he will not do it OR simply miss it. When I went to pizza Hut, I had specifically told about my card.
Hope I am clear
Whom do we ask for this offer? I enquired with Citi bank and they said they are not aware of any offers,
Old 31st July 2014, 11:18   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Whom do we ask for this offer? I enquired with Citi bank and they said they are not aware of any offers,
Citi has tie ups with many restaurants and if you are visiting one of them, then it would be displayed in any one of the forms mentioned in my above post.
In regards to Reward points, you earn them for any purchases made with your rewards card.
Old 31st July 2014, 12:01   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Kindly go to Citibank's India website. There they have a pdf document of all the restaurants where they have offer discount. It might be an old document but worth checking that out. I had seen that long time back and the list was very big.
Old 31st July 2014, 13:09   #1656
BHPian

For someone who asked earlier about movies & dinning offers, try ICICI coral card. Benefits,
  1. 2 complimentary movie tickets every month with 'Experience Entertainment'
    - A maximum of two tickets through the portal per month and the ticket price not exceeding Rs.250/ticket through www.bookmyshow.com; 2 free movie tickets a month are assumed to be valued at Rs.250 per ticket and are subject to availability
  2. 15% savings on your monthly dining bill of Rs.2000 with ICICI Bank Culinary Treats. http://www.culinarytreats.com/

Thanks.
Old 31st July 2014, 16:01   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Today i received a letter from HDFC Bank saying my VISA Signature Card will be upgraded to Regalia Card automatically as the existing VISA Signature Card is Phased Out.

Anyone received the same? I am afraid here as the renewal charges for Regalia Card is 2,500 + Tax everywhere.
I don't think they are discontinuing. I just got a HDFC Visa SIgnature card 15 days back. They would not be issuing new cards if they plan on shutting down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I haven't received any letter, but today when I logged into my netbanking I saw a new card, "Jet Privilege HDFC Bank World Card" (which is a MasterCard from the number) with 50% higher credit limit than my existing Visa Signature Card. The existing card shows 0 for credit limit and balance, with the status, "Transferred".

If not HDFC Bank, then who else for a full fuel surcharge waiver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
It all depends on where you work and what kind of Salary Account you have with them. My Wife & my close friend has got Life Time Free Superia Credit Card from HDFC with no hidden charges like Annual Fee or Renewal Fee or Condition of $$$ spending in a year.
+1. I have a free Superia Card with a condition of spending certain amount of $$$ in an year

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
In terms of credit cards, HDFC has not been keen on giving me a chip enabled card even though all my big ticket purchases have been on that card.
On the other hand, ICICI was proactive and gave me a chip enabled card, even though the old card was far from its expiry date.

HDFC said that I have to go for a card with annual fees if I want the chip enabled card, which did not make sense to me.

The only advantage with HDFC for me is the petrol surcharge waiver across all pumps in India. If they are going to revoke that after 14 August, then it is time for me to look for some other provider.

For fuel charge wavier I regularly use Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Card which gives me 2.5% Surcharge wavier plus 2.5% cashback. I believe it is the best card for Fuel fill ups. More details here

Disclaimer : Only user of SCB card. NOT related to them anyhow.
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:16   #1658
BHPian

Amex has introduced a pay by points scheme. we can pay back specific transactions using points. 1000 points = Rs 250. Minimum 1000 points required to transact.
This is a welcome move. But a better option is to get a gift card. That too basically follows the same points for Rupees but they give a discount for online redemption of gift card.
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:35   #1659
Team-BHP Support

Ebay India lets us pay for items by redeeming Payback reward points. I usually use my accumulated points to buy small stuff.
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:22   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Any way of getting SBI credit card for no yearly fees (lifetime free)?
Old 23rd August 2014, 00:52   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Any way of getting SBI credit card for no yearly fees (lifetime free)?
What do you mean, no yearly fee? The one I have right now "SBI Gold" or whatever card has no yearly fee or joining fee.

Anyway I am planning to get rid of it. Earlier they had waived petrol fees at Indian Oil outlets but now they have some weird structure where a certain limit is waived at all pumps and it was beyond my ability to calculate and keep track of all that. Their customer service has gone to the pits and it is next to impossible to speak to a live person on the phone.

Recently I contacted them to redeem my SBI rewards to buy a shoe bag for my son and I couldn't speak to anyone on the phone. After interacting via email with them for 1 1/2 months where they asked for all sorts of information from me, they finally tell me that the shoe bag is no longer available. It is that pathetic.
Old 27th August 2014, 15:00   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Guys
what is the best card for fuel spending ? I have been using the Citi IOC card for long but many times, the Citi card machines alone dont work in the IOC pumps and all other machines are working fine.

I am thinking of switching over to some other card ? What are the best options ?
Old 27th August 2014, 15:27   #1663
BHPian

Just came to know some offers (valid till 28th Aug) for Citibank card holders who uses certain mobile apps (Android/iOS).

One offer is complimentary ride from Uber up to 1000Rs.

More details, T&Cs @ http://www.online.citibank.co.in/cam...le-App-TnC.pdf
Old 27th August 2014, 16:02   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
For fuel charge wavier I regularly use Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Card which gives me 2.5% Surcharge wavier plus 2.5% cashback. I believe it is the best card for Fuel fill ups. More details here
Thanks for the heads-up. I did a quick check on this and have a couple of questions which you may be able to answer. Primary terms on this card around fuel are:
1. 2.5% surcharge waiver + 2.5% cashback
2. Min transaction amount Rs 750; Max cashback per transaction Rs 100; Max cashback monthly Rs 500
3. Rs.100 spend on all categories except fuel, telecom & utilities = 1 Rewards Points

Given the above, can you please help me with the following:
1. Can the joining / renewal fees be waived - website lists both fees
2. Are there no reward points on fuel? #3 above seems to state as much
3. If I fill up for Rs 3000, then what would be reversed. Rs 75 + Rs 75 (surcharge + cashback) or Rs 100 (since this is the max limit)?
Old 27th August 2014, 16:50   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
what is the best card for fuel spending ? I have been using the Citi IOC card for long but many times, the Citi card machines alone dont work in the IOC pumps and all other machines are working fine.

I am thinking of switching over to some other card ? What are the best options ?
I use HDFC bank Platinum Plus Chip credit card. It provides fuel surcharge waiver on any brand petrol pump, including shell.

Very satisfied with this card.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks