Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 12:47   #1726
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Immediately I noticed that all balance in my old card is 0 (which is normal) but in the new card, the reward points was 11,000. Over 16,000 points missing.

Anyone else have faced this issue?
I got migrated from Signature to Superia some time ago. The points transfer was seamless and automatic. No points were lost in the process.

Are you sure they didn't expire or were used in some other way?
Old 26th September 2014, 13:05   #1727
BHPian

When upgrading to some of the more premium cards, they move over only 40% of the points. This might be the case. Although it still looks like you have the same card, so you can possibly fight it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Last month, HDFC sent me a generic (not addressed to me) letter saying that as per RBI mandate, all credit cards are being replaced with a new Chip+Pin card. I had a HDFC World Mastercard with chip.

The letter was accompanied with another letter addressed to me and it said HDFC World Mastercard product is being discontinued and hence they will be sending me an HDFC Superia Mastercard. Credit limit everything is same as World Mastercard. At the time of receiving this letter, my World Mastercard had about 27,000 reward points.

This week, I received the new Superia Mastercard. Logged into my credit card netbanking account and registered the card.

Immediately I noticed that all balance in my old card is 0 (which is normal) but in the new card, the reward points was 11,000. Over 16,000 points missing.

Have written to Mr. Parag Rao (head of Credit Card division) and also customer care. Yet to hear from them.

Anyone else have faced this issue?
Old 26th September 2014, 13:25   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I have been using HDFC credit card for 8 years now. Would request bhpians to share information of other good credit cards out there. I am currently on HDFC visa signature card. Any card with good payback and fuel surcharge waiver would make the cut.
I am also using the same card as yours and from approximately the same no. of years. I know the reward points are just ok, but everything else is good. So why are you looking for a new one. Recently I also got an ICICI bank platinum card just as a back up card. Yet to start using it though.
Old 29th September 2014, 07:33   #1729
BHPian

I tried using my OBC International debit card at KLIA2 Duty free but transaction was declined. I wanted to verify their claims that they charge only 1% currency conversion charges. If true, it is DEFINITELY the cheapest among all the debit/credit cards. I will post again when successful. Currently in Thailand.
Old 29th September 2014, 08:44   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I am also using the same card as yours and from approximately the same no. of years. I know the reward points are just ok, but everything else is good. So why are you looking for a new one. Recently I also got an ICICI bank platinum card just as a back up card. Yet to start using it though.
I like the Citibank Cashback Mastercard. I used to think they give Rs. 500 back for every Rs. 50,000 cumulative purchase but recently I came to know that is not the case. Still I prefer it as I get cash into my account and I do not have to keep track of all those points or rewards.
Old 3rd October 2014, 06:23   #1731
BHPian

Nowwhat, that is still only 1% cash back. I wonder why no one is discussing indusind platinum aura credit card. We can choose spending category and they give 2% cash back on those categories. No hidden terms or fine print. No minimum or maximum limit on spend. I am loving it. It is free for life too .
Old 6th October 2014, 15:22   #1732
BHPian

I had an HDFC CC and had to close it as my wallet got stolen. To reissue it, i had to write to HDFC and submit a CC request form which i did. In the meantime, i thought i will apply to ICICI Bank since i have an account with them and i was offered a life time free CC. (No hidden charges)
After applying online, submitting documents online on 1st Sep, i went ahead and got all my documents collected on 4th Sept. It is now 6th October and i dont have an update from ICICI Bank. I got an email confirming provisional approval , but beyond that nothing, nada. I discovered that they do not have my application with them, even though i have an acknowledgement copy of the same. They have tried to trace it through the acknowledgement number, but to no avail. Having chased up with the bank, i now get a response saying they will provide a resolution by 16th of October.

That is 45 days from date of application and to me that sounds like a very long time to get a CC. Any thoughts ?

Also, any suggestions on a good platinum card ?
Old 6th October 2014, 16:49   #1733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
i thought i will apply to ICICI Bank since i have an account with them [...] i went ahead and got all my documents collected on 4th Sept.
If you have an account with a certain bank, there is no additional documents (with perhaps the exception of salary slips; even those are not needed if the bank handles your salary account too) required to get a credit card from the same bank. If the bank asked you for more documents, just ask them "I am KYC compliant; on what basis are you asking for these documents?" - and they will back off.

It is the field staff that keep pestering you for ID proof and address proof and PAN copy and stuff all the time, thereby trashing all the advantages of RBI's KYC norms. And sometimes these get misused to obtain SIM cards, Internet connections and suchlike. Don't hand out your personal documents - even copies - to anyone unnecessarily.
Old 7th October 2014, 02:42   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
It is the field staff that keep pestering you for ID proof and address proof and PAN copy and stuff all the time, thereby trashing all the advantages of RBI's KYC norms. And sometimes these get misused to obtain SIM cards, Internet connections and suchlike. Don't hand out your personal documents - even copies - to anyone unnecessarily.
I agree with the theory though my experience has been different. I hold an ICICI Gold card since 2004. While it was used quite a bit early on, I switched over to StanChart Manhattan in 2009 which is perhaps the best free card there is. Excellent customer support too. I kept the ICICI card more as an ID proof for flying (it was a photo card) and backup.

In 2012 when ICICI brought out the new coral / sapphiro cards with a tie-up with Jet Airways I responded positively to a tele-caller. Soon enough a guy came over to my office with the forms and asked for the usual set of proofs of KYC and income. When I told him that I already had a card for 8 years with no default, as well as a bank account (with ICICI), he was nonchalant and said without proofs the 'system would not work'. KYC apart, he got visibly jittery when he found out I was a lawyer (apparently banks profile lawyers for cards negatively, along with cops and other undesirables ). I even offered a practical solution whereby the credit limit of the new card would be the same / combined as the credit limit of the existing (which would be a plus to the bank)card -- but no success. He refused to accept my existing customer ID number with ICICI as a KYC proof. I refused to submit another set of proof documents on principle.

Finally I decided to drop this as there seemed to be too much resistance. A few more folks from ICICI called me but it was impossible to get them to understand that they would be taking no additional credit risk considering they were fine with my 2004 application and the ICICI sapphiro was a annual-fee card in any event. I even asked why, if they considered me a credit risk, did they grant/continue with the ICICI Gold card. And of course ,the KYC was 'non-negotiable' (to quote them)

Last edited by Kumar R : 7th October 2014 at 02:44.
Old 7th October 2014, 10:47   #1735
BHPian

Thanks guys for your inputs. I have written to the head of CS regardig my case and am awaiting their response
But it definitely is appaling to see banks fall prey to field services staff and their non adherence to processes.
Let us see what happens. In the meantime, i am CCless and i am loving it
Old 7th October 2014, 16:07   #1736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
he [...] said without proofs the 'system would not work'.

(apparently banks profile lawyers for cards negatively, along with cops and other undesirables ).

He refused to accept my existing customer ID number with ICICI as a KYC proof.
It requires a bit of patience, I guess. The field staff gets paid proportional to the number of cases they close in a day, so they are not willing to take up anything that is even a little bit out of ordinary and takes them extra time to process.

I generally go to the branch and demand that the manager help me. That works usually.

As for your quip about lawyers and policemen - at least in the house rental market in Chennai, this is true I've heard. Plus film industry folks. :-)
Old 10th October 2014, 17:32   #1737
BHPian

Just now got a call form Delhi landline number from a lady saying that she is calling from HDFC credit cards and that the reward point facility has been withdrawn from my card. Hence they are sending a new card. There after she asked which address I would like my card to be dispatched. Then she asked if it is a Mastercard or visa. Next she went ahead and asked the expiry date. Thats when I got suspicious and cut the call. HDFC customer care denied about any such scheme.
Beaware.
Old 19th October 2014, 19:42   #1738
BHPian

Would like to draw on the experience here.

Looking for a CC primarily for the following:

1) Fuel, hence would need a CC with fuel surcharge waiver
2) Online shopping, especially international. Hence security aspect is important without compromising too much on usability.

Preferred is HDFC Bank and have sort of zeroed on the Platinum Plus. Please advise.
Old 21st October 2014, 14:18   #1739
Senior - BHPian

So, after redeeming my 14000 or so points, I have less than 200 points now remaining.
My HDFC World mastercard still continues to live and my personal banker no longer responds to my mail about the replacement card.

After my redemption experience, I have a feeling that I need to look elsewhere.
The value of 1 Re. is around 3.5-7 points (depends on the vendor).

There is not much information about validity of the vouchers that I got. In some cases (such as Cleartrip), there was no information if the voucher is specific for hotels/ flights or general purpose. So, now I have a flight voucher, which will be difficult to get rid off.

Will look at SBI who has 10% off on some websites, during the majority of the year.
I do need fuel surcharge waiver across all pumps and hence Citibank (with IOCL) is not of much use.
Old 21st October 2014, 14:56   #1740
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Just now got a call form Delhi landline number from a lady saying that she is calling from HDFC credit cards and that the reward point facility has been withdrawn from my card. Hence they are sending a new card. There after she asked which address I would like my card to be dispatched. Then she asked if it is a Mastercard or visa. Next she went ahead and asked the expiry date. Thats when I got suspicious and cut the call. HDFC customer care denied about any such scheme.
Beaware.
Same with me.I too got a call from MTS mobile no and asking about card no and other details.I politely refused and cut the call.He was also asking about my HDFC details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks