Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 22:51   #1756
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Narayan, Live update from Thailand. Obc debit card charged me 1.935 when the spot rate was 1.90. It means 1.84% all inclusive. (My assumption - A combo of Visa specified rate + OBC mark up of 1% + service tax of 12.36%). It is the DEFINITELY the CHEAPEST till date on any credit or debit card. The rate determined by Visa could be something slightly more than the spot rate. OBC might have sincerely charged just 1% as they promised. So, how do we know the breakup? I mean difference between spot rate (source - google finance) and the one actually charged in my statement?
Old 2nd November 2014, 09:33   #1757
BANNED

See what they do is a 'commercial rate' will be charged. A very non-committal statement to me. The bank markup is on top.
Old 4th November 2014, 14:46   #1758
BHPian

Yes sgiitk Sir, This 1% has to be compared to what OTHER banks generally charge, i.e 3.5%. All the Citibanks, Axis, HSBCs, HDFCs, Standard Chartereds of the world charge 3.5% .

The cheapest I found was OBC (Oriental Bank of Commerce). Close second was Union Bank of India (2%).
Good job by Sarkari banks.
Of Course, I will use it in US/Canada and will post my live experience with rates charged on the statement.

Last edited by manduvindupondu : 4th November 2014 at 14:48. Reason: Change
Old 4th November 2014, 15:58   #1759
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Yes sgiitk Sir, This 1% has to be compared to what OTHER banks generally charge, i.e 3.5%. All the Citibanks, Axis, HSBCs, HDFCs, Standard Chartereds of the world charge 3.5% .
StanChart charges Zero on their Infinity. Also, we will have to check what exchange rate they use!
Old 4th November 2014, 19:33   #1760
BHPian

The OBC (1% currency conversion charge) and Union Bank of India (2%) that I discussed are normal SB accounts with INR 1000 minimum balance (with Cheque book). Useful on abroad trips for Mango people like me (Aam junta )
The default charge for most banks is 3.5% currency conversion charges.
How much is the minimum balance for SC Infinity account?
Old 10th November 2014, 16:12   #1761
Team-BHP Support

ICICI Bank's online portal to view CC statements has been down for nearly three weeks now. Nobody in customer service has any idea what's happening except parroting the same 'it's down for maintenance upgrades' line.

What sort of mainstream bank pulls down a service for THREE weeks for maintenance?
Old 10th November 2014, 20:39   #1762
BHPian

^^ Checked just now, no problem at all. Just checked current statement.
Old 10th November 2014, 23:28   #1763
Senior - BHPian

Aren't all new credit cards supposed to be chip based? I received replacement HDFC Platinum Plus cards today and they are without chip. Not that I am complaining or anything.
Old 11th November 2014, 02:20   #1764
Senior - BHPian

^It's a legal requirement I believe. Very surprising if they sent you non chip card.
Old 11th November 2014, 17:47   #1765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
^^ Checked just now, no problem at all. Just checked current statement.
Can you provide a link? I can't seem to locate the Credit Card statement page at all. It was first moved under 'quick links', then under 'other key services' on the CC homepage, but I can't locate it under either now.

Just to clarify, I have not linked my CC to my savings account so can't view it in my online banking profile. I use the independent portal under the Credit Cards section to view my statements.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th November 2014 at 18:13.
Old 11th November 2014, 22:47   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Can you provide a link? I can't seem to locate the Credit Card statement page at all. It was first moved under 'quick links', then under 'other key services' on the CC homepage, but I can't locate it under either now.
I obviously can't paste the link after logging into my account. Moreover it will give you invalid page message. After logging in through icicibank.com the statements links are on the left hand side. This is probably mobile version of the site as I mostly log in using Safari on iPad, on desktop version may look different.
Old 11th November 2014, 23:52   #1767
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I obviously can't paste the link after logging into my account. Moreover it will give you invalid page message. After logging in through icicibank.com the statements links are on the left hand side. This is probably mobile version of the site as I mostly log in using Safari on iPad, on desktop version may look different.
Like I mentioned, I don't have my CC linked to my savings account, so can't use the way through the online banking profile. The independent CC statement page is the one that's down. I guess I'll just check on an ATM machine (mini-statement option).
Old 12th November 2014, 07:00   #1768
BHPian

^^ I logged in directly into credit card account. I have ICICI savings account too but have not linked them. So I use separate login ID for CC and savings account.
Old 12th November 2014, 13:12   #1769
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
^^ I logged in directly into credit card account. I have ICICI savings account too but have not linked them. So I use separate login ID for CC and savings account.
Yes, That CC statement login page (where you login with your CC details) is the one I can't find. Mind sharing a screenshot of the login page without your details entered?
Old 12th November 2014, 14:36   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Yes, That CC statement login page (where you login with your CC details) is the one I can't find. Mind sharing a screenshot of the login page without your details entered?
After logging in it prompts you to download the mobile app. Ignore that, click "NO THANK YOU". Please refer screenshots in the order of number written on LHS.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-01.jpg  

The Credit Card Thread-02.jpg  

The Credit Card Thread-03.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks