Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 12:32   #1786
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
HDFC has offered me their Infinia Card which is their top tier card with no spend limits, concierge service,taj epicure gold membership, free unlimited priority pass etc. However there is an annual fee of 30k which is only waived off if you spend 10 lakhs a year. Has anyone got this card without having this condition or a lower spend condition?
If I remember correctly this was offered to us, but we wanted to have a limit hence got the Regalia, which I think has the same benefits minus the no limit.

Citibank too was adamant on a 20k per year fee for their Prestige card, but they've waived that off now too.

Frankly Sahil I find Citi's cards much better, with many more benefits and discounts at a lot more places.

Guys who are using Citibank Rewards cards, please note that from Jan 15 - 100 points = Rs30 as compared to Rs40 now.
Old 21st November 2014, 16:48   #1787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Frankly Sahil I find Citi's cards much better, with many more benefits and discounts at a lot more places.
True that. The card I use most is Citi Premier Miles, infact I was thinking of getting an add-on card for my driver to use it to fill fuel everytime however this card has fuel surcharge waiver only for IOC pumps whereas I fill from HP and BP. I am going to continue to keep this as my primary card. Hence I do not want to commit to the 10 lakh spend mandatory for fee waiver on the Infinia.
If they do not agree for removing the waiver restriction then I will get upgrade my signature hdfc card to Regalia instead.

Is this change in point applicable on the Citi Premier miles too? Currently I believe their point system is 4 miles for every 100rs spent. Only thing I wish Citi did was waive of the annual fee, inspite of having a decent amount of billing over the past year they refuse to waive my annual fee recently.

Last edited by Sahil : 21st November 2014 at 16:53.
Old 21st November 2014, 17:17   #1788
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
True that. The card I use most is Citi Premier Miles, infact I was thinking of getting an add-on card for my driver to use it to fill fuel everytime however this card has fuel surcharge waiver only for IOC pumps whereas I fill from HP and BP. I am going to continue to keep this as my primary card. Hence I do not want to commit to the 10 lakh spend mandatory for fee waiver on the Infinia.
If they do not agree for removing the waiver restriction then I will get upgrade my signature hdfc card to Regalia instead.

Is this change in point applicable on the Citi Premier miles too? Currently I believe their point system is 4 miles for every 100rs spent. Only thing I wish Citi did was waive of the annual fee, inspite of having a decent amount of billing over the past year they refuse to waive my annual fee recently.
They should waive the fee. If not the Regalia is good too, you still get the Inner Circle Gold membership, and all of that.

I'm not sure about the points for Premier Miles, I got an email from Citi regarding the points changing on the Rewards card. Actually this is the 2nd time they've done this to me. I had the Platinum, but when changing to a chip card they discontinued the Platinum which had much higher lower points to money ratio.

I'd suggest you check out the Citi Prestige card.
Old 21st November 2014, 17:23   #1789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'd suggest you check out the Citi Prestige card.
Does citi waive off the 20k annual fee on this card? If so, how does one go about getting that done?
Old 21st November 2014, 18:59   #1790
BANNED

Quote:
Does citi waive off the 20k annual fee on this card? If so, how does one go about getting that done?
The best time is before you sign on. Then they are all ears. Once you sign on the boot is on your foot.
Old 21st November 2014, 19:06   #1791
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well we asked them for it earlier in the year, and they didn't waive it off. We refused to take the card. They came back themselves after a few months offering it with no yearly fee.
Old 23rd November 2014, 12:38   #1792
BHPian

Just curious to know about any credit card which can offer cash back on fuel, utility bills and telephone bills. I know one such card from Standard Chartered. But really do not know whether the same is still prevalent. However having had a bad experience with St. Ch, I really do not want to repeat it again.

I am currently using Citibank Indian Oil credit card which restricts me to fill fuel from IOC (on citibank card machine) to get cash back.

Last edited by rki2007 : 23rd November 2014 at 12:48.
Old 23rd November 2014, 16:08   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Just curious to know about any credit card which can offer cash back on fuel, utility bills and telephone bills. I know one such card from Standard Chartered. But really do not know whether the same is still prevalent.
This card still works. I have been using it for many years. However threshold for a transaction becoming eligible is now Rs 750. So, minimum spend for each transaction is Rs 750 be it Fuel, Telecom or Utilities.
Old 24th November 2014, 20:51   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Just curious to know about any credit card which can offer cash back on fuel, utility bills and telephone bills. I know one such card from Standard Chartered. But really do not know whether the same is still prevalent. However having had a bad experience with St. Ch, I really do not want to repeat it again.

I am currently using Citibank Indian Oil credit card which restricts me to fill fuel from IOC (on citibank card machine) to get cash back.
1. For fuel purchases, all cards of HDFC and Axis Bank offer the cash back for the surcharge across all petrol bunks. Also few select cards of SBI offer the same.
2. I am not very sure of utility bills (electricity / water). IIRC, all cards charge 1% for the service.
3. There are no charges for telephone (BSNL, Airtel etc) bill payments.

Regards

Samish
Old 25th November 2014, 16:37   #1795
BHPian

rki2007,
1) HDFC bank charges no fuel surcharge on petrol at any petrol bunk across India. They even refund the service tax on fuel surcharge. Yes, I mean it. I escalated the issue till the Grievance and Nodal officer. Now they have put a system in place to refund the service tax on fuel surcharge. No other bank does it. I found them most straight forward/transparent
2) Indusind bank platinum Aura offers 1.5% cash back on Telephone bills, Utility. No minimum or maximum limits. No fine print or hidden terms. Pretty nice and transparent
3) Indusind platinum Aura offers 2% cashback on all groceries and departmental store purchases. No hidden charges and there is no upper limit on the cashback.

I am stating the above from first hand experience of using the above cards.
Old 25th November 2014, 17:51   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
rki2007,
1) HDFC bank charges no fuel surcharge on petrol at any petrol bunk across India. They even refund the service tax on fuel surcharge. Yes, I mean it. I escalated the issue till the Grievance and Nodal officer. Now they have put a system in place to refund the service tax on fuel surcharge. No other bank does it. I found them most straight forward/transparent
2) Indusind bank platinum Aura offers 1.5% cash back on Telephone bills, Utility. No minimum or maximum limits. No fine print or hidden terms. Pretty nice and transparent
3) Indusind platinum Aura offers 2% cashback on all groceries and departmental store purchases. No hidden charges and there is no upper limit on the cashback.

I am stating the above from first hand experience of using the above cards.
Indus Ind is very interesting. I haven't examined this option at all. Thanks for the information.
Old 25th November 2014, 19:01   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
rki2007,
1) HDFC bank charges no fuel surcharge .... ... Now they have put a system in place to refund the service tax on fuel surcharge. No other bank does it.
Service tax reversal is also done on my standard chartered super value cash back card..
Old 25th November 2014, 19:42   #1798
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
rki2007,
HDFC is charging service tax for the past three years on platinum plus master card. will you let me know the details
Old 26th November 2014, 08:46   #1799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is illegal to charge service tax when no "chargeable service" has been rendered. If a bank charges service tax when it refunds service charge, it is operating illegally. HDFC is not doing any favours to us here.

On the other hand, they are quite sneaky. They do it to many of their customers, and quickly reimburse to the ones who complain about it. The rest of the folks pay up, unaware that their bank is taking them for a ride. It is only about 30p per Rs. 100 of fuel filled, so most people don't even miss it.

On the other hand, Citibank does not even go through the charge-refund loop. Pity they deal only with IOCL.
Old 26th November 2014, 14:18   #1800
Senior - BHPian

I am losing patience with my Citibank Indian Oil card. I am yet to find a petrol pump where i could convert the points to fuel. Most of the time the server is down,machine not working or attendants are ignorant and above all they seem disinterested in servicing Citibank customers. Since this is a card issued in name of IOC I am totally disappointed since it is not serving its primary purpose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks