Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2015, 21:30   #1861
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Bad day today. Got a message on my phone from SBI Card saying GBP100 was spent on steamgames.com. Before I could react, I get a message saying another 25GBP was spent, then another saying 50GBP was spent.

Another GBP50 transaction was rejected due to suspicious activity, as was a 3.33USD transaction. Then a transaction of GBP100 was blocked due to insufficient funds. Then another GBP50 transaction was made.

Immediately got a call from SBI Office who asked me about these transactions and I said all of them have not been from my end. They immediately blocked the card and then asked me to call 39020202 tomorrow morning to have the transactions reversed.

I am surprisingly calm! There are few others on the web who have reported the same problem with steamgames.com.

Hope it works out for me!
Please make sure you submit an official 'disputed transaction(s)' request to your bank ASAP. Check with your bank for the exact procedure to follow (my CC provider has a form that needs to be submitted alongwith an application disputing the fraudulent transactions). The usual process is they'll give you an instant credit for the disputed amount so you don't have to bear the repayment burden while they review the transactions (again, confirm with your bank for actual review procedure timelines). If fraudulent transactions are confirmed (as they should be in your case), nothing more to do at your end. In the off chance it's not proven to be fraudulent, the credit will be reversed and you'll be expected to pay up.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th January 2015 at 21:33.
Old 8th January 2015, 22:37   #1862
BHPian

Hi Guys!

Any suggestion for a air miles credit card. I am planning to take international vacation next year and looking forward to accumulate air miles.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 9th January 2015, 07:59   #1863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Any suggestion for a air miles credit card. I am planning to take international vacation next year and looking forward to accumulate air miles.
The Citibank Premiermiles card is quite a good one, probably the best that is available.

http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...miles-card.htm
Old 9th January 2015, 08:15   #1864
Senior - BHPian

I used to operate a Standard Chartered credit card back in 2009-2012. I had deleted their monthly credit card statements and had no business with them for the past 2 yrs. But still when I needed the credit card statement for the backdated year 2011-12, they promptly sent me the monthly statements over mail upon raising a service request & within 2 working days. Great customer service.
Old 2nd February 2015, 01:37   #1865
BHPian

I use hdfc credit cards, two of them infact, one is a Diners club Black card & one is a Mastercard (for wherever the merchant doesn't accept Diners). I'm pretty happy with the service & the rewards I'm getting on my cards. The Diners black is not lifetime free though the annual fees are waived off if spends exceed 400k/year. But it's a nice card for RPs & other luxury lifestyle benefits. The concierge service is excellent. They've really helped me out quite a few times.
Old 2nd February 2015, 10:01   #1866
BHPian

I have one Standered Chartered Credit Card-Titanium since 2006. Key benefits are 5% off on Fuel (2.5% surcharge inclusive) + 5% off on Telephone Bills and utility bills. Max cashback is 500 INR per month. Minumum transaction eligible to get cashback is 750 INR. I pretty much save about 400-500 monthly on this card.
Old 5th February 2015, 11:21   #1867
BHPian

Guys recently there was speculation that HDFC was going to discontinue Visa Signature card, hence as a back up I got an ICICI credit card with limit as 35k which is 20 times less than my HDFC. But now IndusInd has tied up with my company and giving lifetime free card. They have offered me same limit as my HDFC card.I want to get this one and cancel the ICICI one. Will such a move reduce my CIBIL score?
Old 5th February 2015, 13:16   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys recently there was speculation that HDFC was going to discontinue Visa Signature card, hence as a back up I got an ICICI credit card with limit as 35k which is 20 times less than my HDFC. But now IndusInd has tied up with my company and giving lifetime free card. They have offered me same limit as my HDFC card.I want to get this one and cancel the ICICI one. Will such a move reduce my CIBIL score?
Yes, it will affect on a lighter note.
Old 10th February 2015, 15:43   #1869
Distinguished - BHPian

How to fight this 2% extra menace?

While RBI has clearly instructed not to pass this over to consumers, a lot of merchants do this. Where and how do we complain against this?
Old 11th February 2015, 16:12   #1870
BHPian

Can we transfer reward points from one card to another ?
Old 19th February 2015, 06:29   #1871
BHPian

Inder, you can but only if the card in question is of the same bank & the card is being upgraded. They will adjust the points as per the new card's point system. I'd suggest use up your current points if you don't want to see them drop.
Old 19th February 2015, 13:18   #1872
BHPian

I Shopped on Yatra using the Citi Rewards Card, The statement has been generated and the transaction has been billed but I don't see the reward points for that.
I had recieved an email stating that shopping on Yatra gives you 10X rewards.
Has anyone faced a similar issue, by when can I expect these points to reflect in my account.
Old 19th February 2015, 13:40   #1873
BHPian

Hey ajit, I don't know about Citi but hdfc usually shows up in the next cycle but sometimes it takes about 3 months. You can check with the customer care just in case.
Old 12th March 2015, 14:14   #1874
Senior - BHPian

These days shops are "rewarding" you for cash payments. My local vegetable store gives me a 5% discount if I pay by cash. There are restaurants giving discounts if you pay by cash.

I closed my credit cards recently, but I still have a debit card.
Old 12th March 2015, 14:25   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
These days shops are "rewarding" you for cash payments. My local vegetable store gives me a 5% discount if I pay by cash. There are restaurants giving discounts if you pay by cash.

I closed my credit cards recently, but I still have a debit card.
Won't that affect your CIBIL score? From CIBIL's website:

Rule 5: Think twice before closing credit card accounts. While, using credit cards may negatively impact your credit history, unused credit cards actually imply that you are financially secure. This makes Loan providers view your application more favourably.

Most Viewed