Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 11:39   #2041
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
In my opinion, the settling of the pending dues is not a good option. The bank will report to CIBIL that amount has been settled. That again indicates something wrong with the transaction.
Quote:
It's a good idea to pay even disputed amounts in case Bank does not reverse or keep as suspense pending investigation
My suggestion were to pay disputed amounts at time of charge i.e in 2012 card holder should have paid Rs 1500 and could have followed-up for refund.

Coming to present state , there is no other way to pay whatever Bank demands - most of the time they will agree to Basic Amount + 10-12 % Rate of Interest and waive off other charges - that will depend how and with whom we negotiate. It will be good idea to take a full and final letter from Bank - not DSA or any other agent.

Yes this will be reported to CIBIL as settlement but with a copy of full & final letter as well old documentation of any of charging Rs 1500 wrongly will help in future applications.
Old 12th February 2016, 13:32   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
It's a good idea to pay even disputed amounts in case Bank does not reverse or keep as suspense pending investigation. So is it because of late payment / interest charges that Rs 1500 have increased to Rs 10300?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
I have some doubts, what is the current state of the card? Have you never seen the statement after December-2012? Check mail boxes or online banking website and try to find out any references to the communication you had with SCB.
MaxTorque & Turbanator: Thanks for your reply.

@Turbanator: Yes, the initial Rs.1500/- has grown into ~Rs.10300/- now.

@MaxTorque: my credit card expired just a couple of months after this episode and I did not want to continue the relationship with SCB further.

I scanned through my mail-box and couldn't get hold of any communication - both from my side or the bank's. Worst yet, I don't even remember the card number. Even in the bills, it is masked as 'XXXX' with only the last 4 digits unmasked.

I agree that the CIBIL ratings are very important. And, I'm ready to go the extra-mile to bring it back to normal. However, I feel cheated when I'm being asked to pay for something which I did not utilize at all. And secondly, as MaxTorque says, won't it show that I'm accepting to the mistake?
Now, if I go via the grievance-resolution route, God knows how long the process would take.

[EDIT:] By the time, I posted this, I see the above reply from Turbanator.

@T:
1. What does DSA mean?

Will try out talking to SCB guys and sorting out this issue. Thanks!

Last edited by callvvijay : 12th February 2016 at 13:37.
Old 12th February 2016, 13:55   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Hi Folks, want to cancel HDFC Bank credit card. Customer care is asking me to write a request letter and post to their Thiruvanmaiyur, Chennai address. Is it correct process and did anyone cancelled like this?
Posting a hard copy sounds so 1990's :-)
Yes this is the correct way. I havent cancelled card yet but intend to do so considering pathetic cutomercare and overall experience with HDFC card. I would not recommend HDFC card to anyone going forward.
Old 12th February 2016, 14:27   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilpat View Post
Yes this is the correct way. I havent cancelled card yet but intend to do so considering pathetic cutomercare and overall experience with HDFC card. I would not recommend HDFC card to anyone going forward.
It's not just HDFC. Every card issuers here in India doesn't care for their customers unless you have their highest level of card and have crores of rupees deposits with them.

We need to leave with it . Don't cancel your card just keep them if it's a life time free card.
Old 12th February 2016, 15:45   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
MaxTorque & Turbanator: Thanks for your reply.
@Turbanator: Yes, the initial Rs.1500/- has grown into ~Rs.10300/- now.
Don't worry about the card number, the last four digit and your personal details are more than enough to retrieve the card number/details.

Even if you don't want to pursue the case with grievance resolution forum, just drop a mail to customer care so that it will be in records and the bank will be bound to give you a reply on it in stipulated time.

In the worst case you may have to pay the bill, as you did not highlight it (at least you don't have anything prove otherwise) immediately after receiving the wrong statement.

How about checking the call records, if you have a post paid connection?
Old 23rd February 2016, 09:49   #2046
Senior - BHPian

How secure is google wallet ? I purchased a movie from google movies and paid 150/- using my debit card. Noticed that there was no 2FA authentication - entering the card details and the CVV was adequate for the transaction. I was also charged Rs50/- and I understand this is an authentication charge that will be reversed . I was not comfortable leaving my card details finally removed it from from google wallet.
Old 1st March 2016, 11:00   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
How secure is google wallet ? I purchased a movie from google movies and paid 150/- using my debit card. Noticed that there was no 2FA authentication - entering the card details and the CVV was adequate for the transaction. I was also charged Rs50/- and I understand this is an authentication charge that will be reversed . I was not comfortable leaving my card details finally removed it from from google wallet.
Its very secure.
Yes, you will be refunded the authentication charge.
Secondly, 2FA authentication is mandatory only on Domestic transactions which come under the purview of RBI.
For International transactions, the card details and CVV are the only things you need. Google pulls your money from another country, so no 2FA for that transaction.
Old 11th March 2016, 12:51   #2048
BANNED

Anybody knows if CITI/SBI allows their customers to change the billing cycle as per their requirement ?
Old 14th March 2016, 04:52   #2049
BHPian

Yes, Citi bank allows you to Customize billing cycle. I did it for my credit card . Not sure about Sarkaari Sbi
Old 14th March 2016, 13:12   #2050
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Yes, Citi bank allows you to Customize billing cycle. I did it for my credit card . Not sure about Sarkaari Sbi
Sarkari SBI..Haha. Thanks for the Info. Will contact them to change my billing cycle. Pretty weird that even HDFC does not have this option !
Old 19th March 2016, 16:23   #2051
BHPian

Actually, SBICards (the credit card division) is not Sarkari at all. Sure, SBI has a stake in it, but the other partner, GE Capital handles all the product specifications, marketing and sales & support. So, in theory they should give you service equivalent to private banks out there.
Old 14th April 2016, 18:45   #2052
BHPian

Yesterday I received a mail with credit card statement for this month from HSBC. But currently I don't have an HSBC credit card, but I had one card which I closed few years before. I called their phone banking number and informed about the same. The customer care executive said, there is some glitch in their system so many customers have informed about similar problem. So write a mail to their customer care centre. Which I have written, now I have wait for 48 hours.

Have anyone faced similar situation?
Old 15th April 2016, 10:06   #2053
BHPian

Is there any reason why Manhattan wont give a new card?

I had blocked the card suspecting a fraud transaction, But within a week, realized that it was an auto debit that I had set and informed the customer care. They told me that they cannot unblock it but give a new card. For that I had to get my address updated and a branch visit was necessary. I delayed it for a month or so and once it was changed I call them up and I am told that they cannot provide me as there is an "error" . They dont explain any details about it but ask me to request for a new card after 6 months. This was surprising

Except for once, I havent missed a payment and that was some 3 years back( I have the card from 2011) . The card was due for renewal next month

Now are there any better cashback cards other than Manhattan? I am aware of a Citibank card. Any feedback on this or any other cashback cards?
Old 17th April 2016, 10:31   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Yesterday I received a mail with credit card statement for this month from HSBC. But currently I don't have an HSBC credit card, but I had one card which I closed few years before. I called their phone banking number and informed about the same. The customer care executive said, there is some glitch in their system so many customers have informed about similar problem. So write a mail to their customer care centre. Which I have written, now I have wait for 48 hours.

Have anyone faced similar situation?
Check your CIBIL score to see if the card is properly closed by the bank and reported to the bureau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Now are there any better cashback cards other than Manhattan? I am aware of a Citibank card. Any feedback on this or any other cashback cards?
Citi card looks the strongest for utility payments cash back.

HDFC also has a range of cash back cards, but unlike Citi, they don't give flat out cash back. Spend earns you reward points which you redeem later for cashback.

Last edited by ampere : 17th April 2016 at 10:43. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 20th April 2016, 09:44   #2055
Senior - BHPian

I am with HDFC Bank for about 15 years now and theirs is the only credit card I use. The one that I now have is the Visa Platinum plus, which is expiring next month. Whilst I did know about its expiry and the bank did intimate me about the same, what I wasn't prepared for was the bank deciding that I need an upgrade and deciding that an "All Miles" card is what works best for me, which I got to know only after I received my new all miles credit card.

Obviously disappointed at the decision / push by the bank for a card of their choice, i had a conversation with their help desk and it didn't help. I was told that if i need to change the card, i need to submit a written application asking for a change. I now am seriously thinking if i should just pay off the balance on the card and apply for a fresh one from a different bank. I had no problems with the services of the bank so far, but what has got me peeved is the way they push what they want me to use as opposed to the other way round of trying to have a conversation or a document giving me different options and allowing me to choose what i feel works best for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks