Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 19:28   #2206
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

SBI clearly states that it is excluding the sales tax.

Name:  20160906 19_16_14SBI Card.png
Views: 998
Size:  12.0 KB

I have not used HDFC for fuel in the current bill cycle, so I requested for their older statements (instead of un-billed amount), and I was not able to see this happening in any of the older statements. But I too remember the waiver for HDFC on both the charges. Can one of you check the statement instead of the un-billed transactions?
Old 6th September 2016, 20:16   #2207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
But I too remember the waiver for HDFC on both the charges. Can one of you check the statement instead of the un-billed transactions?
Mate, I have held this HDFC credit card for more than 5 years now. It has been religiously reversed every single time. I even used to maintain an online spreadsheet that keeps track of the few paise that they'd credit beyond what was required.

Still, if you insist - here is a snippet from my most recent statement. This fill was of 38.54 litres at Rs. 67.06 per litre (Rs. 2,584.50 total).

Name:  HDFC Waiver2.png
Views: 901
Size:  11.6 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Total amount collected would be used against the ST due from the bank to the Govt. Hence these small amounts may be are being used by the banks against total ST due to the govt ?
It is not that simple, as government gives credit for the ST the bank pays for services it sources from others (say, the service tax they pay on the invoice of the courier agency that delivers cards). This thing ideally should be caught by the bank's internal compliance team or its auditors.

Last edited by binand : 6th September 2016 at 20:20.
Old 6th September 2016, 20:41   #2208
Senior - BHPian

Thank you. I just pulled up my old statement from June and I cannot see a waiver. Name:  2016_09_06_20_34_36_50038383_1473174168947.png
Views: 938
Size:  25.0 KB

So, it may have changed from card to card. I am on ALL MILES card, may be they have it on a different card.

Last edited by govigov : 6th September 2016 at 20:49.
Old 6th September 2016, 20:50   #2209
BHPian

Guys who are using HDFC Regalia, are you guys not perturbed by the fact that they have now stopped giving reward points for fuel purchases.
Old 6th September 2016, 20:52   #2210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I just pulled up my old statement from June and I cannot see a waiver.

So, it may have changed from card to card. I am on ALL MILES card, may be they have it on a different card.
I have a HDFC ALLMILES card as well, but I still get the service tax waiver every month, I am using this card since 2012 and I have received this waiver since then.
Attached Images

Old 7th September 2016, 00:47   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
I just pulled up my old statement from June and I cannot see a waiver.
Same here, mate! I pulled up my May month's statement and I see that there ST is not waived off! That means sometime it has got changed. Let me pull up some old statements and see. I remember distinctly that in Dec 2015, it was getting reversed. So probably it has got introduced recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Guys who are using HDFC Regalia, are you guys not perturbed by the fact that they have now stopped giving reward points for fuel purchases.
Yep. This is a concern, but my ICICI and CITI are petrol company specific. No fuel surcharge for ICICI in HP petrol bunks and no fuel surcharge in Indian Oil for CITI. Since I fill frequently in Shell, neither of the cards makes sense. I am not keen on taking one more card! probably, I'll have to just live with it, I guess.
Old 7th September 2016, 09:04   #2212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
I remember distinctly that in Dec 2015, it was getting reversed. So probably it has got introduced recently.
Here is the snippet from the oldest statement I could view (statements older than this have a different password that I can't recall now). This fill is of 37.95 litres at 73.97 per litre. I have cropped off other, unrelated transactions.

Note that in those days, service tax was calculated at 12.36%. The ST refund comes a few days later, but it does definitely come.

The Credit Card Thread-hdfc-waiver3.png
Old 7th September 2016, 09:37   #2213
BHPian

here's one statement from april 2016. I am not able to get statements beyond 6 months from Online.

There is approx. Rs.6 for ST which is not reversed ! Sheesh.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-cc.jpg  

Old 7th September 2016, 10:26   #2214
Senior - BHPian

Looking at this discussion here, I checked my HDFC statements and see that I've also stopped receiving the reversal of the service tax. My primary card for fuel is the Citi Indian oil card, but the odd times I used HDFC in the past I was definitely getting the ST reversal as well. Strange how it's reversed for some and isn't for others.
Old 7th September 2016, 10:35   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

Note that in those days, service tax was calculated at 12.36%. The ST refund comes a few days later, but it does definitely come.

Attachment 1551526

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
here's one statement from april 2016. I am not able to get statements beyond 6 months from Online.

There is approx. Rs.6 for ST which is not reversed ! Sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Looking at this discussion here, I checked my HDFC statements and see that I've also stopped receiving the reversal of the service tax. My primary card for fuel is the Citi Indian oil card, but the odd times I used HDFC in the past I was definitely getting the ST reversal as well. Strange how it's reversed for some and isn't for others.
I have the hdfc diners Club rewardz card. I just checked my last month's statement and I am still getting the service tax reversal(usually after two days).
Old 7th September 2016, 14:00   #2216
Senior - BHPian

I have a Regalia visa card from hdfc and the service tax does not get reversed.
Old 7th September 2016, 18:08   #2217
BHPian

I hold the Signature HDFC card which I happened to use this time at Shell. They haven't reversed the tax (~8 rupees).

(I usually fill up at Indian Oil and use the Citi card)
Old 8th September 2016, 19:18   #2218
BANNED

I used to hold 2 CITI Credit cards of which I closed one card few months ago and kept using one as my primary card. I usually make my credit card payment through NEFT.
I logged into CITI to check something and to my surprise I find "Late Payment Fee" levied on my card which had never happened till date. Immediately checked if I have made payment, yes I have. Next question..to which card have I transferred? called up phone banking and realised that I have transferred to my other CITI card which I have closed.

Called up CITI explained them everything the executive was very kind,I thought CITI is going to do drama but she just went ahead and raised 2 requests.

1. to transfer of payment from closed card to open card
2. to reverse the Late payment fee. Pretty nice I must say

Learning: Do not keep any unwanted/Unused Beneficiaries in the account.Immediately went and deleted them :P

Last edited by mohammedismail : 8th September 2016 at 19:20.
Old 8th September 2016, 19:39   #2219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Got an email promotion by AMEX, they are offering 3% cashback on all fuel transactions. AMEX already had a tie up with HPCL, hence you get 3% cashback with zero surcharge on fuel at HPCL. At all other fuel stations, you will get 3% cashback but 2.5% surcharge will be applicable.
This offer is valid until 28th Feb, 2017.
Is this valid on the Amex Platinum Charge card?

Last edited by noopster : 8th September 2016 at 20:09. Reason: Edited quote
Old 8th September 2016, 21:07   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
I used to hold 2 CITI Credit cards of which I closed one card few months ago and kept using one as my primary card. I usually make my credit card payment through NEFT.
It's usually better to transfer payment for credit cards via Netbanking. For that one has to usually login to one's credit card account and hence the chances of making wrongful payment are reduced drastically. This also helps in checking the amount owed so that one doesn't mistakenly make less payment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks