Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2017, 22:07   #2416
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
I have an HDFC Regalia Credit Card from 2015 which came with a Priority Pass Card in the kit.
You will get Regalia card itself.

Priority Pass is issued only for primary card holders in HDFC

Last edited by ampere : 11th February 2017 at 01:59. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 5th February 2017, 09:23   #2417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
You will get Regalia card itself.

Priority Pass is issued only for primary card holders in HDFC

Even add-on cards can get a priority pass according to website, but you need to request it separately after making 4 transactions in 90 days.

http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/cre...d/regalia-card

Quote:
The Add on card member is also eligible for a Priority Pass membership. The Primary card holder and the Add on member can jointly have 6 free access to the Priority Pass lounges every year.
Old 5th February 2017, 10:01   #2418
BANNED

@SilentEngine; Normally only one Priority Access Pass is issued by the bank, so watch out. The add-on card has the same rights etc. as the original. You can make out by the number of the card. The second or third set of four numbers differs for the main and add-on cards.
Old 5th February 2017, 10:33   #2419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@SilentEngine; Normally only one Priority Access Pass is issued by the bank, so watch out.

That's true in general. But for Regalia, add-on card holder is entitled to get their own priority pass as stated in HDFC website.
This is part of recent changes to Regalia benefits along with some devaluation which brought down the number of visits to 6 (shared with add-on) compared to 12 earlier.
Old 6th February 2017, 11:35   #2420
BHPian

Guys - have been scouring the internet for this, finally landing up my question here.

I have 4 different credit cards, but ironically I use the 2 which have the lowest limits (ICICI Coral & Citi IndianOil). I have an HDFC All Miles, which earlier had Lounges free, now they have devalued it further with no lounge access. However, my HDFC Debit card (yes Debit Card) I get Priority Pass in India atleast (not sure, if this will continue post March'17), and SBI (which is never used).

I am looking for a CC which has specifically lounge access. Most cards that have Lounge access actually have a usage fees. Is HDFC Regalia the only one where you don't have usage fees? And as I have really used used my All Miles, from a good part of 2 years, would I be a likely candidate for an upgrade? Any idea on eligibility ?

I have a priority banking account and a dedicated RM if that info is required.
Old 6th February 2017, 14:53   #2421
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I am looking for a CC which has specifically lounge access. Most cards that have Lounge access actually have a usage fees.....
Don't you use your ICICI Coral for lounge access? You're eligible for upto TWO lounge visits per quarter, list of participating airports here.

Not sure what you mean by usage fees (lounge usage or annual card charges). Lounge usage is free on the Coral (they swipe for nominal INR 2/- to check card validity). The card does have annual fees but I always end up going above the annual limit for waiver so never paid fees till date. Did pay a joining fee initially but got some stuff/coupons in return.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th February 2017 at 14:56.
Old 6th February 2017, 15:51   #2422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Don't you use your ICICI Coral for lounge access? You're eligible for upto TWO lounge visits per quarter, list of participating airports here.

Not sure what you mean by usage fees (lounge usage or annual card charges). Lounge usage is free on the Coral
Coral has Lounges only in India - Yes, I use them. In fact, I had another debit card (HDFC - Mastercard) which had lounge access in India, the buffoons sent me a VISA now as I lost that card, saying they have upgraded, but seems it does not have such access. In fact the Customer Care insists I never had Lounges on my Debit Card, I meanwhile am like

Specifically I am looking for lounges worldwide as I am traveling more and more - typically on business. India is not a problem (thankfully)
Old 11th February 2017, 00:50   #2423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Specifically I am looking for lounges worldwide as I am traveling more and more - typically on business. India is not a problem (thankfully)
HDFC Diners range of cards offers quite a variety for lounge access.
I have the Diners Premium version (lifetime free incidentally), which offers unlimited domestic lounge access and 5 times international lounge access, all complimentary.

If your international usage is going to be even more, Diners Black provides unlimited complimentary access to international lounges too.
You will need to pull a bit of strings to get the Black version though.

Their domestic lounge access list is the most extensive of any card I have found in India. Their international lounge locations can be found on Diners website.

Hope this helps.
Old 11th February 2017, 12:02   #2424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I need some advice here.

I made my credit card payment through cheque (for the first time in 2.5 years) on 25 Jan 17 but the amount is not yet credited to by card. However, the amount has been debited from my bank account.

I have the following issues:

1. The payment amount is close to a lakh and has my entire card credit limit blocked. Moreover, I am traveling (out of county) right now and i need the card as i have to pay hotel bills, etc. I will be in serious trouble if the issue is not solved in the next 24 hours.

2. My due date was 28 Jan and I have this feeling that they will charge me interest on the amount.

What are my options? Whom do I write a mail? My aged mother today went to the branch and tried to sort it out. They said they will call her by EOD but they dint.

Any suggestions?
Guys they have charged an interest of INR 4K upwards. I had dropped the cheque on 25 Jan and my due date was 28 Jan which was a Saturday and 26 January was a holiday. They credited the amount on 2 Feb 2017. What are my options of reversing the charges since I had dropped the cheque before the due date ? HDFC took 8 days to credit the amount whereas Kotak did it in a day.
Old 11th February 2017, 12:13   #2425
BHPian

Quote:
What are my options of reversing the charges since I had dropped the cheque before the due date ? HDFC took 8 days to credit the amount whereas Kotak did it in a day.

Simply call them. Most of the times they would reverse it as they don't want to lose a customer. If the call center employee says nothing can be done, just ask politely to their supervisor. When they hear that they generally reverse it, especially if you have a good history.
Old 11th February 2017, 14:41   #2426
Senior - BHPian

The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Simply call them. Most of the times they would reverse it as they don't want to lose a customer. If the call center employee says nothing can be done, just ask politely to their supervisor. When they hear that they generally reverse it, especially if you have a good history.

I have an excellent history. Never ever delayed my payment in the last 3years. Let's see then.

Another query: I applied for a SCB card and the bank rep asked me to send the credit card statement and card front side photo for faster approval of any other card I have . Is it advisable to send such details over mail or even in person.?

Last edited by Pancham : 11th February 2017 at 14:44.
Old 11th February 2017, 15:11   #2427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys they have charged an interest of INR 4K upwards.
Call them up and complain. Walk into the branch and complain (to the branch manager or relationship manager). Write to the nodal officer and complain. There are two things you need to worry about:

- The financial loss of 4K. I believe call center executives have some authority to waive this off, but they have very low limits (only so many cases a week, only upto certain amounts, only if the customer is in error for the first time etc.). Depending on your history with the bank, this will most likely be waived.

- Your bigger problem (assuming you have standard Indian middle class finances and aspirations) is the impact on your CIBIL rating. For this you need the branch manager or relationship manager on your side.

https://www.bankbazaar.com/cibil/wha...bil-score.html

Quote:
Another query: I applied for a SCB card and the bank rep asked me to send the credit card statement and card front side photo for faster approval of any other card I have . Is it advisable to send such details over mail or even in person.?
Mask out the interesting parts of the card front. The first 6 digits in the card number identifies only the issuing bank (called IIN); so mask the remaining 10. Similarly mask the issue/expiry dates. Don't sent photo of the reverse.

Mask the card number in the statement (e-statements usually have the number pre-masked anyway). Also, mask any posted transaction you don't want particularly advertised.
Old 13th February 2017, 23:30   #2428
Distinguished - BHPian

What happens to our CIBIL score if we close multiple cards and get one from another bank ? All cards are clean - no outstanding, and always paid on time.
Old 14th February 2017, 08:16   #2429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What happens to our CIBIL score if we close multiple cards and get one from another bank ? All cards are clean - no outstanding, and always paid on time.
The percentage of available credit that you use ("credit utilization ratio") is a factor in your credit score. So if you close 4 cards of limits 1L, 2L, 3L & 4L (of which your combined billing a month say, is in the 3L range) and opt for a single 5L card, then this ratio changes from 30% (3L/10L) to 60% (3L/5L). This change can affect the score adversely. In fact, Bankbazaar advises to do the opposite of what you want to do:

https://www.bankbazaar.com/cibil/boo...dit-cards.html

(the cynic in me thinks this whole rigmarole is to sell more cards to the same customer).

The only true positive I can think of is that with multiple cards, even if one of them is compromised or blocked you are not left out on a limb.
Old 14th February 2017, 10:32   #2430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

https://www.bankbazaar.com/cibil/boo...dit-cards.html

(the cynic in me thinks this whole rigmarole is to sell more cards to the same customer).

The only true positive I can think of is that with multiple cards, even if one of them is compromised or blocked you are not left out on a limb.
I too believe this. I am against holding too many cards. 3 is kind of my limit. So depending upon benefits, one can and should close cards off. I do think there can be any adverse impact on your CIBIL Score.

Just as a comparison, my wife and I have similar purchases, I hold 4 cards, while she holds only one - from past 10 years, her credit score is 20 points better than me I know it's not a complete like to like comparison but just a pointer on number of cards.

Don't more cards give out the impression you are more credit hungry? And CC's being unsecured loans are worse probably? Maybe time for me to connect to someone who works in CIBIL

PS : You can check you CIBIL score free once in a year - do check it out:

https://www.cibil.com/freecreditscore/

Last edited by pratyush6 : 14th February 2017 at 10:35. Reason: Adding Info

Most Viewed