Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2017, 17:26   #2536
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The HDFC Regalia page says 1% fuel surcharge will be waived off. So, I guess we're even paying some amount for fuel now.
Phew. Just checked; for my Visa Signature it is still there:

"Fuel Surcharge Waiver (assuming Rs. 6,000 spends on fuel per month)"

No 1% limit, there.
Old 17th May 2017, 18:07   #2537
Team-BHP Support

I got a call from Yes Bank, offering a lifetime free credit card. Said no because I don't need or want multiple cards, but could hop from my current provider if Yes has better benefits.

Insights?
Old 17th May 2017, 19:05   #2538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
I have tried out my wife's SBI staff card as well which also I found out does not have a fuel surcharge waiver.
Amey
I too have an SBI Staff Card. (Gold and More). It's got fuel surcharge waiver. Fuel surcharge and tax is debited from card but is later reversed as a seperate transaction. The tax component won't be reversed.

The purchase amount has to be between 500 and 3000 to get the surcharge waiver.
Old 17th May 2017, 20:43   #2539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
I too have an SBI Staff Card. (Gold and More). It's got fuel surcharge waiver. Fuel surcharge and tax is debited from card but is later reversed as a seperate transaction. The tax component won't be reversed.

The purchase amount has to be between 500 and 3000 to get the surcharge waiver.
Thanks for the information. Maybe i had used her normal debit card because of which i had no waiver.

Let me try the Gold Credit Card next time.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 18th May 2017, 00:45   #2540
BHPian

Hi,
Does any one know how a transaction (done at physical store) can be reversed due to non delivery of service/item.
I recently did a sofa purchase and store didn't deliver on time. I contacted them multiple times but still no sign of delivery, and even when they promised they will come back with delivery/order updates, they haven't. So i raised it with my card helpline (citi), raised dispute, they said provisional credit back will come in 2days and they will take it to merchant/group and dispute settled in 30-60 days. Does this work in India or again negotiations on late delivery will happen? I am in not wanting to take delivery if it comes late, and more because of the way store has handled this, but can this be taken as a genuine reason for refund/ will it carry /hold good /if will go to consumer court ? I just have invoice with (already past) delivery date mentioned. Please help.
Old 18th May 2017, 10:00   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Hi,
Does any one know how a transaction (done at physical store) can be reversed due to non delivery of service/item.
I recently did a sofa purchase and store didn't deliver on time. I contacted them multiple times but still no sign of delivery, and even when they promised they will come back with delivery/order updates, they haven't. So i raised it with my card helpline (citi), raised dispute, they said provisional credit back will come in 2days and they will take it to merchant/group and dispute settled in 30-60 days. Does this work in India or again negotiations on late delivery will happen? I am in not wanting to take delivery if it comes late, and more because of the way store has handled this, but can this be taken as a genuine reason for refund/ will it carry /hold good /if will go to consumer court ? I just have invoice with (already past) delivery date mentioned. Please help.
Is going to the store not an option?
Because if you can go to the store and raise hue and cry, they can refund the transaction from their machine itself.
Old 18th May 2017, 13:18   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Is going to the store not an option?
Because if you can go to the store and raise hue and cry, they can refund the transaction from their machine itself.
thanks!
I did not personally want to go that hue and cry way. We all know they will try to buy more time and all that hassles and negotiations, would leave a bad after taste on how far they are genuine with their work. I would not want to deal with them in future,that's all. And I don't think it is practical to think about both sides- i.e., what if they already have sofa "almost" ready with colour/fabric of my choice etc., what would they do if customer backs off. First for me would be to get delivered as 'they' promised, and if not at least do the communication proper. Both gone wrong here.

Update:
I got provisional credit back today. so far so good, at the right time too. because my monthly statement also got generated which does account for this reversal. Let me see how dispute turns out.
Old 18th May 2017, 16:13   #2543
BHPian

Any idea on how Axis Bank credit cards are? I have my Savings and Current account through Axis Bank, I don't have a credit card in India and they've been trying to offer me one for a while now.

What would be the ideal credit card at Axis Bank? I mostly shop online on Amazon, I do shop in America as well. So preferably something that I can shop online internationally as well. I eat out often and do watch movies quite a bit. I air travel domestic about once a month with hotels. International once a year.

Any suggestions guys?
Old 18th May 2017, 23:36   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Any idea on how Axis Bank credit cards are?
I have their platinum visa for about 5 years now and never had an issue. It has worked for all scenarios you mention and also used to have a virtual card facility to create one time use credit cards which I used to use on Aliexpress. That has been stopped recently though. I am not a great points person and have lapsed points on most of my credit cards in the past. Off late I recharge my DTH through the points on the Axis cc. So never have had to shell out money for DTH with 3 STBs at home in the last 8-10 months.
Old 19th May 2017, 12:52   #2545
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
HDFC is removing one by one all features offered on its cards. I think other banks will also follow shortly. Guess this has to do with the government mandated reduction in MDR on card transactions.
I have got mail from HDFC stating that all domestic lounge access will be charged @ $27 from May 25th, 2017 on my Regalia card. Only 6 Priority pass access on international lounges will be free. Prior to this HDFC devalued the points redemption at regalia website from 0.75 to 0.60 in November 2016
Some more additions. In my latest CC statement HDFC has added rewards redemption fee @75/- plus service tax @15%. I have been doing rewards redemption for the past one year at https://hdfcbankregalia.myrewardz.com without any charges.

Standard chartered also do not levy any redemption charges, if it is done online.

Imposition of this charges further dilutes the value of the card.

In addition they have also deducted 1000 points under adjustment. I do not know what it is. There is no refund due to canceled transactions.

I think it is time to search for alternative card

Last edited by rkg : 19th May 2017 at 12:54.
Old 19th May 2017, 13:00   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Some more additions. In my latest CC statement HDFC has added rewards redemption fee @75/- plus service tax @15%.
This is being charged on my Diners Club Rewardz card since a year, may be it was always there. Totally defeats the purpose if points are redeemed in small chunks. I only use these for flights or 6-month DTH recharges where the redemption fee is small fraction.
Old 19th May 2017, 13:59   #2547
Senior - BHPian

I'm also frustrated at how hdfc is slowly diluting the rewards on the regalia card. They've decreased the point value, removed a lot of the 2x and 5x points offers, made redemption chargeable (as per above post).
Time to look at other options for me too.
Old 19th May 2017, 14:16   #2548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... HDFC has added rewards redemption fee @75/- plus service tax @15%. ....it is time to search for alternative card
Mine is All Miles, redemption fee @75 was always charged for a delivered product from the catalogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I'm also frustrated at how hdfc is slowly diluting the rewards on the regalia card.....
Too many Regalia users here
I am feeling happy that I did not go on begging for one, they denied anyway. I will be closing my All Miles from next cycle, I am sure they will call me to offer something better, which I dont need anymore (Thanks to Yes Bank)
Old 19th May 2017, 15:35   #2549
Team-BHP Support

Regalia doesn't cut it for me anymore

I'm considering the AmEx Platinum Reserve card; just wondering if the 5k/year fee is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
which I dont need anymore (Thanks to Yes Bank)
Which card do you have? And how is it better than the AllMiles?
Old 19th May 2017, 15:59   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'm considering the AmEx Platinum Reserve card; just wondering if the 5k/year fee is worth it.
It is being offered for first year free at airport lounges!! Using for a month now and I don't feel it is worth the 5k annual fee. The reward points earning and burning rate is poor and airport lounge visits are restricted per year.

Already Amex cards are not accepted everywhere and to top it, many merchants want to charge a surcharge for using these cards.

Overall, Amex card is third in my priority order after Diners Rewardz and ICICI Rubyx, both of which are incidentally free!!

P.S: I would be glad to learn more about significant benefits of this Amex card, which I don't find that lucrative enough.

Most Viewed