Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2017, 23:29   #2656
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
By the way, what is the easiest way to apply for SBI Prime/Elite card. I applied in their website but it is complaining for one reason or the other. Once I completed the application, but I did not get any application number
Try bank bazar. They often have some special offers too like Amazon gift voucher.
Old 1st August 2017, 02:55   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
SBI prime reward rate is 3-5%.
Assuming a mixed usage, 3.5% is very much achievable.

Read this

http://www.cardexpert.in/sbi-card-la...t-card-review/
Depends a lot on your spending habit. My major chunk of my usage has been online, and considering the 0.5% return rate applicable on that, this card did not feel suitable for that particular usage pattern. Last month my card bill was 70000 of which nearly 50k was online. If your shopping is more at retail stores, then yes, SBI Prime is a good card for you.
Old 1st August 2017, 23:23   #2658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Depends a lot on your spending habit. My major chunk of my usage has been online, and considering the 0.5% return rate applicable on that, this card did not feel suitable for that particular usage pattern. Last month my card bill was 70000 of which nearly 50k was online. If your shopping is more at retail stores, then yes, SBI Prime is a good card for you.
Guess you didn't read the details.

For 5 lacs annual spend, this is what you get -
1> Annual fee waiver (for >3L spend)
2> Gift voucher of 11000/- which works out to be 2.2% reward rate

Now, if you add the bare minimum reward rate of 0.5%, You still end up with a combined reward rate of 2.7%

Second scenario - You spend everything on dining, groceries or affiliated brands etc and end up with maximum reward points of more than 2.5%. So, your reward rate goes up to >4.5%

Let's consider a more practical scenario.
Annual spend -5L
Utility bills - 60K (reward rate = 5%)
Affiliated brands - 40K (reward rate = 3.75%)
Dining, groceries, supermarkets - 200K (reward rate = 2.5%)
Rest - 200K (reward rate =0.5%)

Adding the gift vouchers worth 11K mentioned earlier, the total reward = 25500 which works out to be ~5%.

So, depending on spend it is very realistic to expect 3-5% returns rate (minimum is 2.75%)

I dont know of any card which gives this kind of return for 5L spend, along with fuel surcharge waiver, lounge access (domestic and international)
Old 8th August 2017, 13:01   #2659
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, what is the easiest way to apply for SBI Prime/Elite card. I applied in their website but it is complaining for one reason or the other. Once I completed the application, but I did not get any application number
Did you succeed in applying? I am trying too, for the past two days and am unable to complete the application.
Old 8th August 2017, 15:34   #2660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Did you succeed in applying? I am trying too, for the past two days and am unable to complete the application.
Why not just call up SBI Toll Free or go to the nearest SBI Branch?
Old 8th August 2017, 16:58   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I got my card last week. Even I started with applying online, and it got stuck at some place. But after a day I got an SMS with the application number and that it's under process. Then I got a call from their call centre explaining the features and the fees , and he send a guy to collect the documents the next day. Then I got a verification call and one guy visited my apartment as well for verification. Then another email after a few days saying that my application got approved. And got the card delivered in a week.
Old 9th August 2017, 15:55   #2662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I got my card last week. Even I started with applying online, and it got stuck at some place. But after a day I got an SMS with the application number and that it's under process. Then I got a call from their call centre explaining the features and the fees , and he send a guy to collect the documents the next day. Then I got a verification call and one guy visited my apartment as well for verification. Then another email after a few days saying that my application got approved. And got the card delivered in a week.
Same thing happened to me. The error on the website means nothing.
Old 10th August 2017, 23:32   #2663
Senior - BHPian

FInally could get the process started.
Submitted the documents and got a phone verification call.
Asked them to provide the Mastercard variant for PRIME card as it covers more lounges.
Old 8th September 2017, 07:20   #2664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
As per newspaper reports, it is Oil companies who are supposed to absorb the fuel surcharge
He's talking about Citibank IndianOil cobranded card where the fuel surcharge is waived off at participating IndiaOil outlets which have exclusive swiping machine from Citibank which does not attract surcharge while all other machines do attract. Assumption here is that, other banks levy surcharge on Citibank when swiped (read payment system) through their machine versus Citi.

That said, SCB has a CC that not only waives off fuel surcharge of 2.5% but also gives a cash back of 2.5% in return!! They claim 5% cash back on fuels!! God!! I don't know how they work!!
Old 8th September 2017, 10:42   #2665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
That said, SCB has a CC that not only waives off fuel surcharge of 2.5% but also gives a cash back of 2.5% in return!! They claim 5% cash back on fuels!! God!! I don't know how they work!!
Actually the Citibank IOC card pays you slightly more than that. 4 points for every Rs 150 on Fuel purchase swiped in Citi machine. This turns out to be 2.66%. And 1 point = 1 Rupee if you redeem it against fuel purchase. I use this for my fuel spends as I have a convenient IOC with Citi machine near my home.

Advantage of SCB is that it can be used in any pumps. But as I understand, they dont give you this card if you have a Manhattan card.
Old 9th September 2017, 15:40   #2666
Senior - BHPian

I am using HDFC Regalia card.
I noticed the following from my last statement (not observed earlier statements, so I do not know if this is normal)
Actual amount was Rs. 440. In the statement, I see 452.28. And I see two cashbacks: 4.47 and 3.30. So, net, I have paid is Rs. 4.51 extra on an amount of Rs. 440.
However, the next time I have filled up petrol at the same place, worth Rs. 416, I was charged Rs. 427.80 and I got a surcharge waiver of 4.23 only. So, net I have paid Rs. 7.57 extra on an amount of Rs. 416
Old 10th September 2017, 12:26   #2667
tud
BHPian

Hello Folks!

I've been a very happy lifetime free HDFC Bank Credit Card user since 2009. I've been using their Regalia card as a Lifetime free card since April 2016. The card was excellent value in terms of reward points, lowest currency conversion charges, no fuel surcharge and service tax on fuel surcharge, priority pass for airport lounge access.

The reward points were initially at 1 point = 75p. It was devalued to 1 point = 60p last October. And now it has gone down to 1 point = 50p. To top it, the rewards can now only be used to book flights and hotels through Regalia website. Earlier they offered prepaid mobile and DTH recharge which was of excellent value which they discontinued last month.

The fuel surcharge amount has come down drastically. Now Regalia will refund only 1% of the fuel surcharge collected. The fuel surcharge can still be anywhere between 1 - 2.5% (mentioned on Regalia website) depending on the fuel pump and their card swiping bank. The 18% GST on the surcharge will not be reversed. I used to get the 15% ST reversed earlier. Again the Govt mandated 0.75% cashback for card transaction on fuel will be processed only if the card is swiped on an HDFC terminal which was not the case till last month.

The number of lounge usage has come down drastically and also the accelerated reward points.

In this case, what are the other lifetime free credit cards to consider?
Old 10th September 2017, 12:47   #2668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
In this case, what are the other lifetime free credit cards to consider?
Don't just go for lifetime free cards. There are many cards which have charges, but more than make up for it with excellent reward structures. American Express Platinum travel card is one such card. If your annual spend is going to be crossing 4.4 lakhs its a great card to have as you will get nearly 30000 back as points, Indigo vouchers etc.

If you want lifetime free cards only, then you can consider Yes Bank's Preferred card. Its quite similar to Regalia but some more benefits which are increasing as they target more growth.
Old 10th September 2017, 15:50   #2669
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,

I have a Kotak Signature Visa Credit Card. Says that I have free domestic lounge access. How do I access the lounge? Just present my card and the boarding pass before I enter the lounge?

Do I get free meals or something inside?

PS: I have NEVER had the need to enter a lounge in an airport my entire life of traveling domestic or international. First time I've got to kill about 3 hours at Delhi Airport waiting for a connecting flight.
Old 10th September 2017, 16:31   #2670
CDM
BHPian

Access to a lounge will include the buffet that is on, depending upon the time of the day. At Delhi, I would guess that the entry is to the Plaza Premium lounge, which has a fair buffet.

CDM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks