Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2017, 15:03   #2686

Does anybody have the signature credit card from IndusInd bank. I am presently holding a platinum credit card and was planning to upgrade to signature.
Is it worth to spend the extra 10k for upgrade. Any inputs would be welcome.
Old 6th November 2017, 02:07   #2687
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have an HDFC Regalia First MasterCard.
I don't understand the concept of 'priority pass'. Is that a separate card or a separate process or separate application I need to do?

I am only interested in the the lounge access (International) with this card.
Old 6th November 2017, 02:19   #2688
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I have an HDFC Regalia First MasterCard.
I don't understand the concept of 'priority pass'. Is that a separate card or a separate process or separate application I need to do?

I am only interested in the the lounge access (International) with this card.
The priority pass is another document/card that you will get if you use your card for a minimum of 20k in first 45 days(It was this in my case, look in your card details for your required amount). Then you will receive the priority pass. It will be valid for 4 international lounge access . Unfortunately the domestic lounge access has been removed now.

Btw, you can also use mastercard lounge access privileges for it. That doesn't require priority pass. The list of lounges is on the website.
Old 8th November 2017, 10:59   #2689
BHPian

Well I am having trouble with SBI since the past few months for my credit card.

Every month when I am completing some online transaction, suddenly the transaction gets declined. I get an sms that XXX transaction has been declined due to invalid card ; please use your new card. This happens even though no new card has been asked by me or dispatched by SBI.

When this first occurred, I complained and they did something which reset the status and I was able to do online transactions. But this has been happening over and over and SBI has not been able to resolve it nor have they given a satisfactory explanation as to why is this happening.

Now I am in the mood to close my relationship with the bank since I dont want to be stranded again in the midst of an important online transaction. I can always fall back on my debit card (SBI CC is the only CC I own and use) but what is the use of a credit card if transactions are declined in spite of keeping a good record.
Old 12th November 2017, 23:02   #2690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
You could write to the banking ombudsman if your original complaint with SBI Cards was over 30 days ago and not resolved yet.

I've found the Ombudsman to be quite satisfactory in terms of getting banks to sort out their behaviour.
Old 14th November 2017, 20:10   #2691
BHPian

I recently booked movie tickets at iMax Chennai and on arrival at the theater was told the theater has been sealed due to raids on Sasikala's businesses. I have not received any refund as I am guessing their assets and accounts are frozen. Is there a way for me to dispute the transaction and get a refund through my card issuer?
Old 14th November 2017, 20:39   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Is this by chance mastercard? Few months back i got mastercard type and it was not working with Samsung SPay. As per Samsung, this card classified as foreign card(not provided in India), so its getting declined in SPay. But physical card always working. Then later in Amazon when I tried renewing prime membership, this card was not accepted with same reason(foreign). Again for other Amazon purchases, it's working fine.

SBI could not identify the issue at all :(
Old 15th November 2017, 09:03   #2693
BHPian

Hi All! I have the Indian Oil Citibank credit card. i have racked good amount of points, but I am not able to redeem it in any IOCL bunks in Bangalore. Can anyone please suggest a petrol bunk in Bangalore specifically in Sarajapur Road or ORR. Thank you!

Edit: ORR till Ecospace. My home is in hosur and i commute my office in Embassy tech Village daily. Not able to find good bunks which accept points in my daily route.

Last edited by sairamboko : 15th November 2017 at 09:25.
Old 15th November 2017, 09:13   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi All! I have the Indian Oil Citibank credit card. i have racked good amount of points, but I am not able to redeem it in any IOCL bunks in Bangalore. Can anyone please suggest a petrol bunk in Bangalore specifically in Sarajapur Road or ORR. Thank you!
I always redeem these points at this (https://goo.gl/maps/7khWhmQqHup) IOCL bunk.
Old 15th November 2017, 09:26   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I always redeem these points at this (https://goo.gl/maps/7khWhmQqHup) IOCL bunk.
Thank you kavensri ! I just edited my post regarding location in ORR. Unfortunately your petrol bunk doesnt work for me.
Old 15th November 2017, 10:34   #2696
BHPian

Quote:

Edit: ORR till Ecospace. My home is in hosur and i commute my office in Embassy tech Village daily. Not able to find good bunks which accept points in my daily route.
Not your preferred location. But if by chance you happen to pass through Bannerghata road, then this place does redeem the points https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...3!4d77.6013688
Old 15th November 2017, 12:32   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Is this by chance mastercard?

SBI could not identify the issue at all :(
Not mastercard, its a visa and even in my case SBI has failed to identify the root cause. My card is working again but I entirely expect the issue to recur in a month or two. Now looking at other financial institutions.
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:56   #2698
BHPian

Quote:

I have the same card and I redeem the points in the IOCL petrol pump opposite Agara lake on ORR. The quality of fuel is also good. I have noticed a lot of buses prefer to fill up here as well and I have been going to this place since 2005. So no worries on that front either.

You have to specifically mention that you will be redeeming the reward points. They have to use a Citibank provided POS machine to redeem the points.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...2!4d77.6447931

Last edited by NiXTriX2004 : 23rd November 2017 at 15:58. Reason: URL
Old 24th November 2017, 08:16   #2699
BHPian

Which is the best card for fuel? I fill diesel only from Shell since I'm wary about fuel quality elsewhere sine my drive's engine is strict about it.
I own ICICI bank coral and Citi bank rewards credit card.
I also have a Shell cash card for points but then I find it difficult every time to do a two transactions (top up shell card with credit card, swipe shell card for fuel)
Appreciate if some one can provide any other better way to do this.
Cheers!
Old 24th November 2017, 18:06   #2700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
I did not personally want to go that hue and cry way... I got provisional credit back today. so far so good...
What happened in the end, did the provisional credit become permanent without any issues? Were there any further verifications or questions from the card issuer and did the shop raise any objections to your dispute?

Most Viewed