Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2020, 14:23   #3496
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
My ICICI card isn't scanned by CRED. The app displays the card but doesn't show the due amount. Citi and HDFC cards are perfectly alright. Is anyone else facing this issue?
It is working fine for me, my recent payments have also been captured for an ICICI credit card. I have the Amazon Pay one, not that it makes any difference. Cred also picked up a recently upgraded card from another bank automatically, possibly by scanning the credit card statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Having installed the app and activated it, I have authorised CRED to access my credit cards and my credit history. The developer may talk about trust but he is running a business. When it comes time to monetise this database he certainly will.

I do not see any option to opt out after installing and activating the app. Uninstalling will not undo the access right you have granted to CRED. I wish it does. i sort of regret using this app.
While access to your credit card transactions and history is something we have agreed to fully share the moment we started using Cred, we can restrict the "full" access we provide on our email accounts. Set a filter on your Primary email ID such that only Credit card statements are forwarded to a Dummy email account. Enroll this dummy email account in Cred so that the access to anything else is restricted. It only takes a minute for apps to go rogue like the CamScanner app, we can only take precautions.
ananthacharya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 14:38   #3497
BHPian

Doubt on the Amex Bonus points for doing 4 transactions of Rs 1000 or above.
Will we also get the same bonus for doing the 4 transactions using supplementary card as well? ie can we get bonus each from both the cards ?
Old 19th February 2020, 16:17   #3498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Doubt on the Amex Bonus points for doing 4 transactions of Rs 1000 or above.
Will we also get the same bonus for doing the 4 transactions using supplementary card as well? ie can we get bonus each from both the cards ?
1000 Bonus points are per Account and not per card. So regardless of the number of Supplementary cards, you will get 1000 Bonus points only once per month. You can do 4 x 1000+ Rs transaction on any card or card combination.
Old 19th February 2020, 18:31   #3499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
My ICICI card isn't scanned by CRED. The app displays the card but doesn't show the due amount. Citi and HDFC cards are perfectly alright. Is anyone else facing this issue?
CRED works fine with my ICICI and HDFC cards.

Does your ICICI statement come on the same email ID as the Citi and HDFC card? And have you enabled email access for the same (I vaguely remember doing something like that when the app updated itself with this feature)?
Old 19th February 2020, 18:59   #3500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
CRED works fine with my ICICI and HDFC cards.

Does your ICICI statement come on the same email ID as the Citi and HDFC card? And have you enabled email access for the same (I vaguely remember doing something like that when the app updated itself with this feature)?
I think I found the reason why the statement wasn't getting detected. It has to do with the name on credit card. From the first four letters of my name, one letter is missing and replaced by the following letter. Since CRED uses a standard password, which is name registered with CRED followed by DOB in case of ICICI, the PDF statement file isn't being opened and subsequently not showing up on CRED.
Old 19th February 2020, 20:06   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthacharya View Post
While access to your credit card transactions and history is something we have agreed to fully share the moment we started using Cred, we can restrict the "full" access we provide on our email accounts. Set a filter on your Primary email ID such that only Credit card statements are forwarded to a Dummy email account. Enroll this dummy email account in Cred so that the access to anything else is restricted.
I don't remember granting CRED access to my email. I thought my email is protected by password. Whether I grant permission or not, how can an app bypass that password?
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 20:54   #3502
BHPian

Quote:
I don't remember granting CRED access to my email. I thought my email is protected by password. Whether I grant permission or not, how can an app bypass that password?
If you have activated Cred Protect, you would have mostly granted full access to your email account as well . I think it's reads your SMS as well, but don't know how well that works as I haven't enabled that.
Old 19th February 2020, 22:19   #3503
BHPian

Which is the best card for utility bill payments like mobile, landline, electricity etc. ?
Old 20th February 2020, 07:26   #3504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I understand of Cred, it requires access to your email to function. So if it is functioning then you have granted that access.

Most major online platforms nowadays use OAuth2 for granting access which does not require the user to share passwords with the third-party.
Old 20th February 2020, 17:12   #3505
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
From what I understand of Cred, it requires access to your email to function. So if it is functioning then you have granted that access.
Have been using Cred for a while and you can choose not to give them access to your mail / statements. I manually punch in the amount I have to pay for every card. I think our spending patterns and data are being sold by them to third party companies / targeted advertisers. I'm fine with them knowing my total payment and credit score but don't want to share my specific spend data.
Old 23rd February 2020, 13:05   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
1000 Bonus points are per Account and not per card. So regardless of the number of Supplementary cards, you will get 1000 Bonus points only once per month. You can do 4 x 1000+ Rs transaction on any card or card combination.

+1 to that.

I've been availing this offer since the past few years and has been a very remunerative offer, since mine is without annual fees - just this offer alone accrues 12K points in a year! And add 6k points, and we get a amazon shopping voucher worth 7k or 8k (don't exactly remember).

I've always wondered how the economics of this works out?
Old 23rd February 2020, 15:05   #3507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
I've always wondered how the economics of this works out?
There are many factors which cover for the rewards being given out.

MDR charges are decently high for Amex. Add to that, Amex does give Lifetime free cards to many. Annual charges cover up for part of the rewards they give. Not everybody who owns an MRCC tries to maximise the 4 x 1000 month on month.

All this combined together cover up for these.

Other than the 4 x 1000 Offer utilisation for over 2 and half years, I have actually had 3 referrals amounting to 32,000 Points. Total points earned on Amex MRCC range to around 70K.

While Amex MRCC is the least used card in my wallet, it has given the highest Reward Rate till now.

Last edited by tejas08 : 23rd February 2020 at 15:07.
Old 23rd February 2020, 20:47   #3508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Which is the best card for utility bill payments like mobile, landline, electricity etc. ?
As far as I know, only SCSVT card has benefits for such payments. It provides 5% cashback but the minimum bill amount should be Rs.750 and the max cashback per transaction is Rs.100 (meaning, the bill amount should be less than Rs.2000). The max cashback one could earn per month is Rs.500. They list telecom transactions separately and specify the limit per transaction as Rs.200.
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:08   #3509
BHPian

Quote:
Also do look at payzapp app. It has many offers like 5% cashback on bills, 10% on recharge etc.
Old 24th February 2020, 10:25   #3510
BHPian

Quote:
I can suggest of two ways on this. One gives cashback on a monthly basis. Other would be a slow and steady build up to cashback with a higher reward rate:

1. Option 1 - Regular Monthly Cashback - Use Payzapp. 5% cashback on Bill Payments through any card. Cashback is credited in Payzapp Wallet which can be used to pay another bill once you have enough cashback. So a fixed Reward Rate of 5%

2. Option 2 - Amex Membership Rewards Card - This requires a little bit of effort. Load Amazon Pay or Paytm with 4 x 1000 Rs. transactions and then do the bill payments through Amazon Pay or Paytm. Benefits can range from 11% to 18+% depending on how you want the benefits.

Option 2 is my personal favourite right now. Getting the card through referral from another card user gets you additional benefits. You can check with your friends / colleagues for referral link of Amex MRCC or you can message here and somebody will assist you with it.
tejas08 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks