Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2020, 10:04   #3616
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post

Use Amex MRCC card for NPS Payments. I do four investments of 1000 Rs. each in NPS (National Pension Scheme) every month. Surely there is a nominal charge for making investments through credit card. This charge is 1.6% including taxes. Hence, for every 1000 Rs. invested, the cardholder must pay a charge of 10.6 Rs.
Good idea. Thanks for sharing.
I have a doubt regarding the certificate issued by the CRA regarding the contribution of ₹50000.
If we keep on investing monthwise, will we get a cumulative contribution certificate or each of the contribution will have a certificate for itself?

I have previously used credit cards to pay the ₹50000 in Tier 1 during Diwali time to maximize spends to get my spend based vouchers.
Old 12th April 2020, 11:27   #3617
BHPian

I have a doubt regarding the CRED app. When the payment is made though the app, the payment is credited to some CRED account (as per the sms received) and not the AMEX CC account. Although the message from the bank is received for acknowledgement of the payment within a couple of hours. I would like to know how safe is this? And what is our payment is not credited by CRED to the bank on time?
Old 12th April 2020, 14:35   #3618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Good idea. Thanks for sharing.
I have a doubt regarding the certificate issued by the CRA regarding the contribution of ₹50000.
If we keep on investing monthwise, will we get a cumulative contribution certificate or each of the contribution will have a certificate for itself?

I have previously used credit cards to pay the ₹50000 in Tier 1 during Diwali time to maximize spends to get my spend based vouchers.
You can always log in to the NPS Portal using your PRAN number and get the statement as required. It gives the details of the transactions for the Financial Year for submitting for Tax Rebate.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 20:54   #3619
BHPian

Has anyone got this month's 10x reward points of HDFC Diners Black?

I routinely make a lot of 10x points transactions on Amazon every month. And each month alongwith the statement I get the points too.

I've only got the regular points, no 10x reward points this month. Has anyone got it here?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th April 2020 at 16:16. Reason: Typos.
Old 13th April 2020, 01:29   #3620
Senior - BHPian

How do you separately calculate the 10x points?

Mine are going to be woefully low because of the lockdown. :(
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 09:21   #3621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Has anyone got this month's 10x reward points of hdfc Diners back?

I routinely make a lot of 10x points transactions on Amazon every month. And each month alongwith the statnent I get the points too.

I've only got the regular points, no 10x reward points this month. Has abyone got it here?
Nope. I have quite a few of them pending too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
How do you separately calculate the 10x points?

Mine are going to be woefully low because of the lockdown. :(
Track on an excel spreadsheet by checking Points every 2-3 days.
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 17:10   #3622
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
I have a doubt regarding the CRED app. When the payment is made though the app, the payment is credited to some CRED account (as per the sms received) and not the AMEX CC account. Although the message from the bank is received for acknowledgement of the payment within a couple of hours. I would like to know how safe is this? And what is our payment is not credited by CRED to the bank on time?
Cred here is the intermediary so there could be some arrangement with individual banks, I have been using cred for over a year now and there has never been a payment failure. It takes a day sometimes to get the message from my credit card company but never had any problem. If your payment fails, money should be credited back to the same account it came from.
AZT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 15:01   #3623
Senior - BHPian

Received this notification from Amex today
Quote:
In line with RBI’s directive, we would like to inform you that, if your Credit Card/s are in good standing with us, as of 01 March, 2020 (i.e. previous dues have been paid on time), you will be automatically enrolled into the moratorium program.

Please note that while non-payment of Credit Card dues will not attract any late payment fees, interest will be charged on the outstanding amount. Hence, we encourage you to pay the Credit Card dues on time.

Anyone using auto-debit for their CC payments should be vigilant for the next couple of months and make manual payments.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 10:19   #3624
BHPian

I used my HDFC Regalia to pay 15$ towards zoom pro and for some reason the transaction was reversed back within minutes. I then tried with my Amazon ICICI credit card and it went through. The transaction equivalent in INR considering GST and conversion fee was 1185 for ICICI and 1240 for HDFC. This is quite a big difference and now think I have been overpaying for all my overseas travel and purchases.
diyguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 10:27   #3625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I used my HDFC Regalia to pay 15$ towards zoom pro and for some reason the transaction was reversed back within minutes. I then tried with my Amazon ICICI credit card and it went through. The transaction equivalent in INR considering GST and conversion fee was 1185 for ICICI and 1240 for HDFC. This is quite a big difference and now think I have been overpaying for all my overseas travel and purchases.
Every bank has a different rate (base rate + commission), which changes regularly. So it is best to check the rates before paying in foreign currency.
In my experience the commission on the dollar rates varies from Rs.050 to Rs.5.00 per dollar, depending on the agency and the type of transaction. On my AMEX CC, the current rates are around Rs.2 per dollar
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 10:33   #3626
BHPian

My Icici Ferrari credit card is due for replacement this month. The major benefit with this card is quarterly airport lounge access & payback points. Shall I get the same card renewed or look for some other card from Icici?
Old 17th April 2020, 15:23   #3627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
My Icici Ferrari credit card is due for replacement this month. The major benefit with this card is quarterly airport lounge access & payback points. Shall I get the same card renewed or look for some other card from Icici?
You can get the Amazon pay, it won't give you lounge access but monthly reward as Amazon pay balance. For lounge access you can always apply for yes bank cards (yes first preferred), which is lifetime free and give lounge access. If you want you can keep both ferrari as well as Amazon pay, I had them both running together for sometime, then gave up on the ferrari card.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 16:03   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Go for the Rubyx or Sapphiro cards. You will get the lounge access as well as Payback points.
There are no other good cards from ICICI for lounge access.

Quote:
You can also enroll in HDFC's Global Value Program by calling the customer care. This will help you get 1% cashback. I also did foreign currency transactions but I got a very good rate and the 2% Foreign Currency Mark-up vanishes when you look at the 1% cashback and 1.3% regular reward rate.
You can also try Amex for foreign transactions as they offer very good rates.

Last edited by turbospooler : 17th April 2020 at 16:08. Reason: Added reply to another post
turbospooler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 10:43   #3629
BHPian

Quote:
Switch to Niyo for your foreign transactions and pay almost the same as the real time exchange rate with no added fees.
prateekm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 11:50   #3630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Switch to Niyo for your foreign transactions and pay almost the same as the real time exchange rate with no added fees.
Can i charge the Niyo card using my credit card?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks