Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2020, 12:32   #3826
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If you have a bank account with ICICI, get their lifetime free Platinum Card.
I do have an account with ICICI but my experience with their Credit Card has been an issue. They got my surname mixed up with that another colleague with the same first name (we were all freshers and applied for the card together) and were never able to correct it, no matter what. I discarded that card and applied for the second time, a good five years later, and again got the card with a wrong name
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 13:00   #3827
BHPian

I applied for Amazon ICICI card on the Amazon app last week. It was my first credit card application in India. They did a video KYC and then later that evening my application was rejected. No documentation was asked for and no reason for rejection was provided. That led me to check my credit score and surprisingly it was quite good at 790. I assumed it would be lower as I have never availed any credit in India. I wonder if I can reach out to someone at ICICI as I have good income, substantial amount of assets and large amounts in deposits including some with ICICI itself. Does anyone have some experience in getting this card? I mostly want it for the 5% cash back on Amazon purchases.

Last edited by Lobogris : 27th September 2020 at 13:01.
Old 27th September 2020, 14:04   #3828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
It was my first credit card application in India. They did a video KYC and then later that evening my application was rejected. No documentation was asked for and no reason for rejection was provided...
This was my plight 2 years back when I moved back to India from the US. I assumed my salary and NRI banking relation like amount deposited in savings account, FD, mutual funds, home loan etc would afford me good credit card if not the best. I was so wrong, and all online applications were rejected. I had wasted atleast 6/7 hardpulls on credit report, credit score took a huge hit. Then i went and sat down with my bank manager, and he told me the best way is to apply for a "secured" credit card card against FD. He was right. After I took the secured card and waited a few months, Amex, HDFC etc all agreed to give me their cards.
Comrade is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 14:29   #3829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Okay, may be you can then try the lowest amount I.e. 250.
It worked finally. I had 851.69 reward points. After refueling, I have swiped the card for 851 rupees and got the reward redemption SMS.
Old 27th September 2020, 16:01   #3830
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder if I can reach out to someone at ICICI as I have good income, substantial amount of assets and large amounts in deposits including some with ICICI itself.
Do you have a Relationship Manager at ICICI. Since you have large deposits I'm sure they'll be able to pull some strings internally and get you this card.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 16:38   #3831
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone have some experience in getting this card? I mostly want it for the 5% cash back on Amazon purchases.
I applied mine 10 months back and got it real quick. It was pretty easy and hassle free. I applied it a few months after I started my career and I already had an HDFC credit card which again was only a few months old then. So in your case, your credit rating and income stats is definitely not the issue.

The only reason why I think they rejected your application is because you have never availed any credit in India. I know it's weird but the first one can be a little quirky to get sometimes. Once you get the first one, then all other banks will start running behind you to get one.

Try contacting the bank as @Comrade and @AZT suggested.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 18:26   #3832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
This was my plight 2 years back when I moved back to India from the US. I assumed my salary and NRI banking relation like amount deposited in savings account, FD, mutual funds, home loan etc would afford me good credit card if not the best. I was so wrong, and all online applications were rejected. I had wasted atleast 6/7 hardpulls on credit report, credit score took a huge hit. Then i went and sat down with my bank manager, and he told me the best way is to apply for a "secured" credit card card against FD. He was right. After I took the secured card and waited a few months, Amex, HDFC etc all agreed to give me their cards.
Good idea. I will simply get a secured card against an FD and then try for the Amazon card after say 6 months.
Old 27th September 2020, 19:05   #3833
BHPian

Quote:
Good idea. I will simply get a secured card against an FD and then try for the Amazon card after say 6 months.
Better get a ICICI secured card if you are really after amazon pay card. I have just started relationship with ICICI last month and was denied amazon pay card two weeks back. Even after moving my entire portfolio to ICICI, and applying for the card through branch/relationship manager. Got a platinum card in the meantime to build a relation. There are lot of examples on desidime website that having an existing icici credit card is sureshot path for amazon pay card. Seems their credit department is picky with amazon. Not sure what is their criteria.

Last edited by Comrade : 27th September 2020 at 19:06.
Comrade is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 19:15   #3834
BHPian

Quote:
Better get a ICICI secured card if you are really after amazon pay card. I have just started relationship with ICICI last month and was denied amazon pay card two weeks back. Even after moving my entire portfolio to ICICI, and applying for the card through branch/relationship manager. Got a platinum card in the meantime to build a relation. There are lot of examples on desidime website that having an existing icici credit card is sureshot path for amazon pay card. Seems their credit department is picky with amazon. Not sure what is their criteria.
Yes, that is what I meant. I will get an ICICI secured card first.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th September 2020 at 23:58. Reason: Typo
Old 28th September 2020, 08:37   #3835
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if they have made the process stringent now. But I got mine relatively easy less than a year back. I do not even have an ICICI bank account. Seems like I was lucky then.
Old 28th September 2020, 09:34   #3836
BHPian

Got an offer from Amazon for an Amazon Pay - ICICI credit card. The promised reward is only 3% at most, -- not even the usual 5% that people talk about! In many situations the reward is just 1% to 2% ! Didn't bother to apply.
meerkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 10:01   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
I don't know if they have made the process stringent now. But I got mine relatively easy less than a year back. I do not even have an ICICI bank account. Seems like I was lucky then.
The same applies to me, applied it 2 months back out of boredom and found the process pretty smooth with video KYC verification, got the card at my doorstep in flat 2 days, that was the quickest ever credit card approval and delivery for me.
Old 28th September 2020, 10:56   #3838
Senior - BHPian

I got the amazon pay ICICI credit card early last week and have been using it heavily. Though I have done many purchases I do not see any cashback credited to the account. Am I missing something here? Does the cashback happen at a later date? Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 10:58   #3839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I got the amazon pay ICICI credit card early last week and have been using it heavily. Though I have done many purchases I do not see any cashback credited to the account. Am I missing something here? Does the cashback happen at a later date? Thanks
It is credited once per billing cycle to your amazon account
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 11:08   #3840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Got an offer from Amazon for an Amazon Pay - ICICI credit card. The promised reward is only 3% at most, -- not even the usual 5% that people talk about! In many situations the reward is just 1% to 2% ! Didn't bother to apply.
They have a range of cashback. 1%, 2%, 3% and 5%. The last two are generally for purchase from Amazon through Amazon Pay. 5% is for Amazon Prime. As I have started paying electricity bills through Amazon Pay, I have got the Prime now as the 2% difference is more than made up for me within 3 months.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed