Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2020, 07:52   #3856
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Wow, this is news to me. Could you elaborate on the additional cashback part? The additional 5% kicks in on using any HDFC credit card, is it? Somehow I was not able to see the additional 5% offer live on the payzapp website / app.

You have misunderstood my post, I'm afraid. I never said anything about an "additional 5%" cashback! What I said was:

"If I use credit card, I get additional cashback on top of the 5%."

This additional cashback is the usual moneyback offered on the credit card spends. I don't keep track of the current rate of this moneyback. Some points accumulate over time, which I use up at my convenience.
Old 4th October 2020, 11:47   #3857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Regalia is a decent card. Make sure it is Lifetime Free though. It is not worth the 2500 Rs fee that HDFC indicates. As such this card is now very very easily available as Lifetime free. The bank may require you to have an account with them though for a lifetime free Regalia
Hi Tejas,

Recently my regalia's credit limit has been increased to 5.2 lacs.

Does it increase my chance for upgrade to Diner's black ?

Eagerly waiting for the upgrade offer from the bank.
Old 4th October 2020, 12:01   #3858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hi Tejas,

Recently my regalia's credit limit has been increased to 5.2 lacs.

Does it increase my chance for upgrade to Diner's black ?

HDFC's upgrade triggers are very lazy. Sometimes you will never get Automatic upgrades. Talk to your RM (If you have one) or send an email to customer support regarding your inclination to get Diners Black. The general criteria has been 5 Lacs Credit Limit on Regalia.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 20:23   #3859
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
HDFC's upgrade triggers are very lazy. Sometimes you will never get Automatic upgrades. Talk to your RM (If you have one) or send an email to customer support regarding your inclination to get Diners Black. The general criteria has been 5 Lacs Credit Limit on Regalia.
I have 8.76 Lacs limit on my Diner's club Premium, though I don't use it much, and they have offered me an upgrade to Millennia, which is actually a downgrade.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 09:53   #3860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Even I have been enjoying the cashback from the Amazon ICICI card but am curious to know if can we view the break-up of the cashback being received. I did an approx. tracking of my credit card purchase to calculate the cashback for the first month or two and it did show similar numbers. But just wondering if there is a way to view the break-up?
Tap/press the particular transaction in ICICI bank's app and you will see the points awarded against it.

Offline spend - 1%
Amazon - 5%
Fuel - Zero

Last edited by vinu_h : 5th October 2020 at 09:56. Reason: Tidied up the post. Deleted images that were occupying too much space
Old 5th October 2020, 10:47   #3861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
If your current Regalia is LTF and if you are offered an upgrade for Diners Black, just make sure that even the Diners Black is LTF. I did the mistake of not checking on this and I wrongly assumed that the upgraded card will also be LTF.
But luckily they had an offer in June, where if I open the savings account with them, then they would convert my Diners Black to LTF. So, I got my Diners Black converted to LTF during that offer.
But, even after opening the savings account, they took more than 4 months to convert my card to LTF. In between they did charge me the annual maintenance fee of Rs 10000 (+tax) and I got it reversed after so many follow ups.
kavensri is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 12:20   #3862
BHPian

Damn. Just found out as i was booking a flight using points that SmartBuy/Infinia has changed 100% flight booking thru points to only 70%. Was my only use of points and am too annoyed with all the points saved.
Old 7th October 2020, 14:15   #3863
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone here using the CRED app for credit card payments ? Do share your experiences/feedback.
Old 7th October 2020, 14:35   #3864
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Anyone here using the CRED app for credit card payments ? Do share your experiences/feedback.
Dont tell me that your bank does not have an app. If card is issued by the bank, you can link card to bank account and make payment from the bank's app without an intermediary.

Or if the card is issued by an entity who is not your banker, that your card dont have a system to send bill's to your bank from where you pay.

Convenience or not, I wont, cant trust these free of cost intermediaries.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 14:37   #3865
BHPian

I have just crossed 18,000 MR Rewards Points on my Amex MRCC. Need some suggestions on the best option to redeem to get maximum value. Amazon Voucher worth 7k from their 18 Karat Gold Collections looks a good option. I also see another Option to transfer to Marriot Bonvoy Points, of whose i am a Member, but stayed just once so far. I see 1 MR Point = 1 Marriot Reward Point. But, what is the value of 1 Marriot Reward Point? Is it 1 Re.? Or, do i keep accumulating more MR Points and redeem sometime in the future.

Quote:
I do use Cred for making my CC Payments. Payments have been seamless and no Issues so far. Off late, there is nothing much appealing in their Rewards Store, though i have got a couple of Amazon Gift Vouchers using Cred Coins and purchased a couple of Products as well from Cred Store. Off late, i have been just using Cred to do CC Payments and get around 30 Rs. Cashback per CC.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 00:20   #3866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I have just crossed 18,000 MR Rewards Points on my Amex MRCC. Need some suggestions on the best option to redeem to get maximum value. Amazon Voucher worth 7k from their 18 Karat Gold Collections looks a good option. I also see another Option to transfer to Marriot Bonvoy Points, of whose i am a Member, but stayed just once so far. I see 1 MR Point = 1 Marriot Reward Point. But, what is the value of 1 Marriot Reward Point? Is it 1 Re.? Or, do i keep accumulating more MR Points and redeem sometime in the future.
Typically, 1 Marriott Bonvoy Point is equal to 0.5 Re. My opinion would be accumulate some more points and then decide. Amex has a lot of versatality in points transfer. So dont be in a hurry to redeem. Explore all options and then decide.

Amex Points dont expire.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 09:12   #3867
BHPian

Quote:
I've been using from some time. The experience is great and the payments are seamless. Even though they reward you with Cred coins on payment of your CC bill, it is really not much worth it now. Earlier they used to have good products or services to exchange with the coins but now they've coupled with a lot of websites and all they offer is discount coupons for coins which again doesn't seem enticing.

The only good part is you can exchange coins for cashback rewards as well on each payment. The minimum payment required to get cashback reward is 2k and you'll get cashback upto 5 times in a month. What I do is, I split my CC bill and pay 5 times in a month to get more cashback rewards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Convenience or not, I wont, cant trust these free of cost intermediaries.
I agree to this. The data which they have is way more precious than what they give out in terms of rewards. If you're someone who is bothered about privacy and tracking, I'd say not to use these intermediaries.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 10:09   #3868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
It actually depends on
Thank you. I think I will wait until the end of the this month cycle and then call them

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
What were the key things that made you buy Note10 lite, OP8,S20, M51 were these considered?
zaveed
Thank you. I did not actually buy it for myself. My brother wanted it and he liked the stylus idea and interface. He is into lab work and has got used to doodling on this phone and whatsapping those images to his colleagues.
Old 9th October 2020, 01:48   #3869
BHPian

Quote:
Have been using it for couple of months now. Have received around Rs. 70 cash back. Other current offers are pretty useless. So not a substantial benefit.

I have been using ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card for around one and a half years now. I think this card has probably the best reward system. The rewards are also not in some useless points but as Amazon Pay which is as good as cash. 5% cash back on all purchases on Amazon while 1% cash back everywhere else is a very decent deal. No annual fees plus I remember they gave Rs. 500 in Amazon Pay as welcome bonus.

Hack to earn more money. Go to Amazon using Payback App to make purchases. Earn 5-10% Payback points for purchases done. Once you cross 400 points redeem it as Rs. 100 Amazon Pay voucher.

Have not seen anything better.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th October 2020 at 20:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged
fazayal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 10:03   #3870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazayal View Post
Once you cross 400 points redeem it as Rs. 100 Amazon Pay voucher.

Have not seen anything better.
I had Payback points from an earlier ICICI Coral card. I had tried redeeming of Payback points to Amazon Pay voucher earlier through the Payback website. It gave some weird error and I gave up. After reading this, installed the Payback app and the redemption went thru smoothly. Thanks!

Since getting the ICICI Amazon credit card, I have hardly used the ICICI coral card.

Most Viewed