Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2021, 18:19   #4231
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Citi IOCL card has gone to dogs. Most of the IOC outlets have switched to HDFC and do not even keep Citi EDC machine. This means no surchage waiver and no additional points. Also you cannot redeem the points for fuel.

My FiL has this card and he is tried at more than 8 IOC stations to redeem fuel. All say the same thing, no Citi EDC machine to redeem points. All these outlets are listed in Citi website as authorized outlets for redeeming points.
Even I am facing this. Suddenly all the outlets are not having Citi EDC machines and there is no option to redeem the points for fuel. I am seriously thinking whether it’s worth to use this card for points when you cannot redeem for fuel.

If anyone has redeemed points in any of the outlets in South Bangalore, please share.
Old 14th March 2021, 18:40   #4232
BHPian

My 14 year old SBI credit card(carried over same number over multiple renewals) was a target of phishing attack last week. There were repeated attempts to swipe from about 1 to 500 British pounds over a period of 6 hours from 11pm to 5 am.

I usually keep international usage blocked for all my cards and activate only when needed. I have not used this card in any of unknown websites. All the usage has been through Razorpay, Billdesk or Paytm and I do not carry physical cards as I use Samsung Pay. Blocked the card through sbi card app and a new card was issued immediately.

I was informed by an online shopping monster that the date leak from Big Basket could be the source, though I did use this only once with Big Basket 3 years back.
Old 14th March 2021, 22:54   #4233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
All say the same thing, no Citi EDC machine to redeem points. All these outlets are listed in Citi website as authorized outlets for redeeming points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post

This is also stated very simply on their website now. See the picture below. I'm not sure if it's a recent update but do check once again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Even I am facing this. Suddenly all the outlets are not having Citi EDC machines and there is no option to redeem the points for fuel.
Guys I am attaching a screenshot of the SMS I normally receive after my card is swiped at non CITI swiping machines. This is how I redeem my points. None of the IOC outlets now have Citi swiping machines in my city as well.

And the surcharge is also reversed completely even if it's swiped on non Citi machines which reflects in my statement as well.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-20210314_225352.jpg  

smrtdvl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 22:58   #4234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Guys I am attaching a screenshot of the SMS I normally receive after my card is swiped at non CITI swiping machines. This is how I redeem my points. None of the IOC outlets now have Citi swiping machines in my city as well.

And the surcharge is also reversed completely even if it's swiped on non Citi machines which reflects in my statement as well.
Yes, same is for me as well. Also, I remember getting a text message from CITI sometime last year stating that the points accrual and redemption will be valid even on non-Citi machines.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 00:12   #4235
BHPian

Thanks for the details. I checked this month statement the surcharges were reversed.

I think the SMS comes only if you have sufficient points. I got this SMS earlier and not now. I could not find any other reason for not receiving SMS. Next time planning to buy for an amount which is less than my points available for redemption. This will help me to confirm this theory.
Old 17th March 2021, 21:16   #4236
BHPian

My previous HDFC Regalia First card had complimentary insurance cover from HDFC Ergo. In the upgrade card, Millennia, there is no mention of insurance cover. Does anyone has any idea whether Millennia card has complimentary insurance cover?
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 23:17   #4237
BHPian

My SCB card account has created a new credit card called Manhattan PLC against which my emi purchase is getting added as a debit on a monthly basis. Problem is i am unable to pay it via my normal Amazon pay channel via gpay UPI. I am unable to register this card on Amazon. Any clues how i make this payment online?
Old 17th March 2021, 23:40   #4238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
My SCB card account has created a new credit card called Manhattan PLC against which my emi purchase is getting added as a debit on a monthly basis. Problem is i am unable to pay it via my normal Amazon pay channel via gpay UPI. I am unable to register this card on Amazon. Any clues how i make this payment online?
Pay the due amount before date to your primary card account, which will result in positive balance. On due date, it will be transferred from main to PLC account.
Old 18th March 2021, 00:54   #4239
BHPian

I have a ICICI Rubyx Debit card. I have been using it for 6-7 years. Two major benefits which I utilised to the core:

1. Free lounge access at airports
2. One ticket free on buying one ticket for movies.

With my travel being curtailed due to the pandemic I would hardy use the lounge access.

For nearly a year no movie released in theaters and hence could not benefit. Also, now they have changed the terms and conditions and give only 25% discount on the second ticket.

Makes no sense at all to keep the card and pay annual fees of around ₹.600.
Old 18th March 2021, 11:57   #4240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
My previous HDFC Regalia First card had complimentary insurance cover from HDFC Ergo. In the upgrade card, Millennia, there is no mention of insurance cover. Does anyone has any idea whether Millennia card has complimentary insurance cover?
Was your Regalia First changed to Millenia on your request? Honestly, looking at the features, the Millenia card is in no way an upgrade from a Regalia First, and its features look more or less like an Amazon Prime card with few more benefits. They do not have any insurance mentioned for the card holder. I too have a Regalia First Card and even on my Netbanking, it shows Millenia as an upgrade option for mine, but I'm not going to take it.

EDIT: Just checked my account now. I no longer have an upgrade option anymore on my card. Not even Millenia
Old 18th March 2021, 13:28   #4241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Was your Regalia First changed to Millenia on your request? Honestly, looking at the features, the Millenia card is in no way an upgrade from a Regalia First, and its features look more or less like an Amazon Prime card with few more benefits. They do not have any insurance mentioned for the card holder. I too have a Regalia First Card and even on my Netbanking, it shows Millenia as an upgrade option for mine, but I'm not going to take it.

EDIT: Just checked my account now. I no longer have an upgrade option anymore on my card. Not even Millenia
Diner's Club Millennia is a weird card. The bank has been pushing notifications to a lot of users to upgrade existing cards to Millennia. However, no where they have mentioned the perks and incentives offered by this card (Even Diner's club website doesn't list this card yet!).

I too received a notification regarding an upgrade. However, on not finding any information, I let it go. Finally I received an upgrade to Diner's Club Privilege and I happily accepted that as all the information was clearly defined on it's website. Though all Diner's club cards come with a default accidental cover (air travel mostly), I would suggest to call up their customer care services and find out the nuances.

EDIT: Found the card listed on HDFC website. However, the perks don't look as premium as a Regalia or other high-end Diner's club cards!

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pa...ia-credit-card

Last edited by Varun_G : 18th March 2021 at 13:40. Reason: Added a credit card link for reference
Old 18th March 2021, 14:48   #4242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
Diner's Club Millennia is a weird card. The bank has been pushing notifications to a lot of users to upgrade existing cards to Millennia. However, no where they have mentioned the perks and incentives offered by this card (Even Diner's club website doesn't list this card yet!).

I too received a notification regarding an upgrade. However, on not finding any information, I let it go. Finally I received an upgrade to Diner's Club Privilege and I happily accepted that as all the information was clearly defined on it's website. Though all Diner's club cards come with a default accidental cover (air travel mostly), I would suggest to call up their customer care services and find out the nuances.

EDIT: Found the card listed on HDFC website. However, the perks don't look as premium as a Regalia or other high-end Diner's club cards!

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pa...ia-credit-card
The Millenia is not a Diner's Club right? The one I was offered was a Mastercard. I even got a mail about the upgrade offer on the credit card and I don't remember getting one for a previous upgrade ever. Looks like there was a strong push for this card, which as per the bank is targeted towards Millennials.
Old 18th March 2021, 16:07   #4243
Senior - BHPian

HDFC Bank is offering me an upgrade from MoneyBack Credit Card to Millenia Credit Card. (Existing card as well as upgraded card are both lifetime free cards)

Is it a good idea to opt for Millenia Card ?

Rohan
Old 18th March 2021, 17:04   #4244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Thanks for snapshot - first option is via the link the SMS. There is also another option to redeem the points via website. Login to Citibank online, click on redeem points and then choose the eligible transaction and you can redeem that transaction for points.

Recently, I did 2 transactions on IOCL pumps authorized by citibank, but i received redemption SMS for only one transaction. For the other one, I was able to redeem points via online.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 21:53   #4245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I got it as an offer. I did not request for it. I had assumed that since it is a higher graded card (as per the bank), the benefits will be better. Now I regret losing out on the insurance cover available on Regalia First. Btw, the Millenia card issued to me is a Visa, not Diners.

Most Viewed