Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2021, 19:05   #4516
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Is there a ‘ credit card’ option in Google Pay? As far as I know, you can only link UPI enabled bank accounts.
If you go to 'Payment methods', there would be an option of 'Add credit or debit card'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
But you can enroll only Visa cards
The 'ICICI Amazon Pay' is a VISA card and it's refused.
Old 11th June 2021, 19:13   #4517
BHPian

Quote:
I don't even know who accepts Tap & Pay. With the newer NFC-enabled cards I think this feature isn't all that it is hyped to be, either.
Contactless and NFC are similar in terms of usage but NFC is more secure than contactless in this context. I do not carry cash or credit cards anymore. My credit cards are tagged to Gpay and I use them wherever I can and UPI for the rest. You have the option of blocking your Gmail account incase you lose your phone.

Edit - This service isn't limited to credit cards. I've tagged my HDFC debit card as well.

Last edited by vinu_h : 11th June 2021 at 19:40.
Old 11th June 2021, 20:30   #4518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Quote:
Today they have 5-6 banks enrolled. But you can enroll only Visa cards
Maybe I wasn't clear. Your card needs to be a Visa AND also issued by one of these "5-6 banks". I took a quick look; the following banks are listed: HDFC SBI Axis Kotak IndusInd Federal (both debit & credit) & HSBC (credit only).

I enrolled my HDFC Visa today and tried my usual monthly bill payments. The experience is somewhat seamless (though trust HDFC to muck up the enrollment process). So, customer-initiated BBPS payments work equally well with enrolled credit cards, as they used to with UPI. On the other hand, the card does not show up as an option when making a person-to-person payment. But I'm not sure how this works for merchant-initiated payments (probably it doesn't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I do not carry cash or credit cards anymore. My credit cards are tagged to Gpay and I use them wherever I can and UPI for the rest.
This lockdown is making it impossible, but I'd love to experience this feature first-hand at POS locations. So far I have done either UPI scan-and-pay or NFC payments with the actual credit card in my hand. Need to find out how the UX is, that enables me to leave my cards behind at home and also not have to rely on UPI.
Old 11th June 2021, 21:07   #4519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This card is a strange one because it rarely qualifies for the various bank offers your get across e-commerce sites. Could be because of the restrictions in the co-branded deal that ICICI has struck with Amazon.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 16:48   #4520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
This card is a strange one because it rarely qualifies for the various bank offers your get across e-commerce sites. Could be because of the restrictions in the co-branded deal that ICICI has struck with Amazon.
You mean if there is a discount offer on ICICI Bank cards, this ICICI Amazon pay card does not qualify?
Old 12th June 2021, 16:55   #4521
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
You mean if there is a discount offer on ICICI Bank cards, this ICICI Amazon pay card does not qualify?
Correct. I have personally faced these restrictions on Tatacliq and a couple of other sites.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 17:00   #4522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
yes. That's because of Flipkart, Amazon and other online stores rivalry.

ICICI Amazon card will not give discount on Flipkart (and group websites/apps like Myntra) if ICICI Bank discount offer is going on.

Similarly, Flipkart Axis bank will not give discount on Amazon if there is any Axis Bank discount offer going on Amazon.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 17:49   #4523
BHPian

I have an HDFC Regalia card. I've been using it to pay my rent through Redgirraffe as the charges there are quite low. Initially it used to be autopaid with SmartPay, but recently for the last 4-5 months, I've been paying it manually through Payzapp -> BillPay- > Rental -> RedGirraffe.

HDFC credit card statements have recently started showing how many points have you accumulated per transaction and I noticed that my rental transaction isn't earning any reward points!

This is usually my biggest transaction per month. Does anyone know why that might be the case?

Name:  Screenshot from 20210614 173729.png
Views: 920
Size:  6.2 KB

Name:  Screenshot from 20210614 173743.png
Views: 934
Size:  6.4 KB

Also, another question for HDFC Regalia cardholders - how do you reach customer care? The IVR simply doesn't have an option to speak a human customer care executive. Just 4-5 options which play a message and send a link for EVA. And that chatbot has never been helpful. I have sent emails in the past which went unanswered. The complaint page doesn't even have relevant options.

The Credit Card Thread-screenshot-20210614-174345.png
pratik1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 17:59   #4524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik1992 View Post
...my rental transaction isn't earning any reward points!

This is usually my biggest transaction per month. Does anyone know why that might be the case?
I suppose banks have caught on to the fact that incentivising rent (and other person-to-person) payments via credit cards is open to abuse, and probably have put a stop to the practice.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 21:17   #4525
BHPian

Quote:
I suppose banks have caught on to the fact that incentivising rent (and other person-to-person) payments via credit cards is open to abuse, and probably have put a stop to the practice.
More than the risk of being abused , rent payments don't make any revenue for them if I am right. They don't get MDR which is a minimum of 2 % in other transactions. Hence no possibility of giving points on rental spends.

The MDR paid by fuel companies is also miniscule ,hence the reason fuel spends are not counted towards points by most card companies.
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 22:42   #4526
BHPian

Quote:
Haha. Fine with me. Would have appreciated an email from them about this. But I guess that's asking too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
More than the risk of being abused , rent payments don't make any revenue for them if I am right. They don't get MDR which is a minimum of 2 % in other transactions. Hence no possibility of giving points on rental spends.

The MDR paid by fuel companies is also miniscule ,hence the reason fuel spends are not counted towards points by most card companies.
Interesting. Wasn't aware of it. Wonder why do they advertise it so much then. I get emails almost every week from HDFC to pay rent via NoBroker/Cred. Used to be Redgirraffe (RG) earlier. I just continued with RG cause the charges were not super high and their support is superb.
Old 16th June 2021, 02:36   #4527
BHPian

Have an EMI situation that i need help to understand. My card statement was generated before a 40k purchase was converted to EMI on my icici card. The 40k amount was credited to my card and the first emi was debited to my account post the statement was generated. So my question is should i be paying the entire due amount for my latest statement or can i pay short, to the tune of the credit of the 40k charge?
Old 16th June 2021, 03:12   #4528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik1992 View Post
Also, another question for HDFC Regalia cardholders - how do you reach customer care?
Attachment 2167392
Call up your personal banker. They will be able to arrange a callback.
Old 16th June 2021, 04:34   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
Call up your personal banker. They will be able to arrange a callback.
I don’t have one.

Everyone tells me to call an RM, but I checked with HDFC at my branch and I don’t have one assigned to me. I don’t know how one gets to have a personal banker! I use the card a lot (in my opinion), pay it on time, have good credit score and a salary account with them. Still never got one assigned to me. Thought the privilege must be reserved for the Infinia/DCB cardholders or like some super high networth individuals. So I gave up following on it.
pratik1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 09:52   #4530
BHPian

Quote:
But it's NOT accepted at many a places like for example, 'Google Pay' refuses to accept it as payment mode under CC option.
Oh I was not aware about that. Infact I was not aware about this feature in Google pay altogether. I liked amazon pay card as I have received more cashback with this card in one year than what I did over 10 years with HDFC regalia or SBI gold combined. Those were my primary cards previously.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks