Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2021, 10:14   #4561
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Use this link, https://www.gyftr.com/hdfcsmartbuy/amazon-gift-vouchers, to generate Amazon Gift Card using your HDFC CC.
For example, if you generate gift card for Rs3000, you would get reward points of 1000 (100x10). Then you can convert these reward points back to Amazon Gift Card, using this link https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/, of worth Rs500 (1 point = Re 0.5).
Thanks.

So, it means that if I buy Rs.5000 Amazon Gift Card, it is showing 1650 (165+1485 Bonus) reward points. And for my Business Regalia, smartbuy shows (1 point = Re 0.35), So I will get Rs.577.50 worth of Amazon Gift Card.

Is my calculation right? What is the maximum points / cashback limit? I can pay my bills of 8-9k monthly (mobile / broadband / Milkbasket, etc.) and some food delivery apps also accept Amazon Pay.

PS: I have a HDFC Millenia Debit card also, is that better than Business Regalia credit card for this purpose? Or I can use both to have more limit?
Old 28th June 2021, 10:23   #4562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Thanks.

So, it means that if I buy Rs.5000 Amazon Gift Card, it is showing 1650 (165+1485 Bonus) reward points. And for my Business Regalia, smartbuy shows (1 point = Re 0.35), So I will get Rs.577.50 worth of Amazon Gift Card.

Is my calculation right? What is the maximum points / cashback limit?
That's correct. I have DB CC and hence I will get Rs825 worth of Amazon Gift Card.
As you might have observed, there is a maximum limit of Rs5000 worth of gift card you can buy per month. And similar limit exists for Flipkart gift card as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

PS: I have a HDFC Millenia Debit card also, is that better than Business Regalia credit card for this purpose? Or I can use both to have more limit?
I don't know.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 12:05   #4563
BHPian

ICICI bank Amazonpay CC users - Typically within 2 days, the iMobile app would show the exact points/rewards that a transaction generated. However, since 15th June, all transactions have been showing ZERO. Customer care says wait till the statement generates. Just me ?
Old 5th July 2021, 12:14   #4564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
ICICI bank Amazonpay CC users - Typically within 2 days, the iMobile app would show the exact points/rewards that a transaction generated. However, since 15th June, all transactions have been showing ZERO. Customer care says wait till the statement generates. Just me ?
Same for me as well. My statement date is 20th, all the transactions after the statement date is showing '0' points. I have been exchanging emails with CC and so far they have not been able to answer me as they have no clue on why it is showing '0'.
Old 5th July 2021, 21:20   #4565
BHPian

Quote:
Use this link, https://www.gyftr.com/hdfcsmartbuy/amazon-gift-vouchers, to generate Amazon Gift Card using your HDFC CC.
For example, if you generate gift card for Rs3000, you would get reward points of 1000 (100x10). Then you can convert these reward points back to Amazon Gift Card, using this link https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/, of worth Rs500 (1 point = Re 0.5).
Hi thanks for sharing this. I bought 5000 rupees worth vouchers from gyftr and the 10x reward points have been credited to my card account but am not able to convert these reward points at
https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/

If I click on instant vouchers it again takes me to gyftr where I need to pay again to buy vouchers.

If I try redeeming thru HDFC my rewards it asks for 6660 points for Amazon Pay card worth 1000

What am I missing?

Last edited by smrtdvl : 5th July 2021 at 21:37. Reason: Added a few details
Old 5th July 2021, 22:43   #4566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
but am not able to convert these reward points at
https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/

If I click on instant vouchers it again takes me to gyftr where I need to pay again to buy vouchers.

If I try redeeming thru HDFC my rewards it asks for 6660 points for Amazon Pay card worth 1000

What am I missing?
I am sorry, the link is https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/diners for diners CC. After you login, it will take you to this link https://offers.reward360.in/diners/product_listing?.
Here you need to click on 'Rewards' tab to see the list of GV that you can generate for Amazon, FK, etc.
I hope it is clear to you now.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 23:56   #4567
BHPian

Hi Everybody, I though this would be of interest to some of the Credit Card users over here who are looking to venture into the Luxury Travel Redemption options of Credit Cards.

Me and a few of my friends have been doing some Interactive knowledge sharing kind of a sessions on the new Audio based social media app Clubhouse. And one such session is lined up for Wednesday evening @ 10:15 PM on the topic

'Beginner's Guide to Miles & Hotel Loyalty Points Earning!'

Below is the link for the same.

https://www.clubhouse.com/join/india...UqYj6/xpaDW8VY

It's not a paid event or promotion of any paid service or stuff like that. Simply a knowledge sharing thing just like this forum.

@Mods - If this post is against the guidelines, please go ahead and delete the same.
tejas08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 06:01   #4568
BHPian

Quote:
Same for me as well. My statement date is 20th, all the transactions after the statement date is showing '0' points. I have been exchanging emails with CC and so far they have not been able to answer me as they have no clue on why it is showing '0'.
Same for me. My statement has been generated and points are lesser than they should be but greater than sum of points as shown on the app.

Have been in touch with CC since 2 weeks and they have no clue - as usual keep postponing the date of resolution.

Last edited by alto99 : 6th July 2021 at 06:03.
Old 6th July 2021, 11:38   #4569
MSC
BHPian

I would like to narrate my ordeal while trying to get a SBI card which is nothing short of disaster.

With daily rising fuel costs, it was time to get a fuel card for me.
I already have HDFC Regalia and ICICI Amazon pay cards. Both are having pretty decent usage patterns and handsome limits. Having a good CIBIL score I was quite assured that the application will get easily through.
Also, having a high fuel bill per month, I had short listed SBI BPCL Card in its octane version which gives slightly better returns in comparison to the normal version. That's where the disaster starts.
First tried to apply directly from SBI card website. The moment I started looking for residential city, the application came to a halt asy city was not listed. I live in a tier 4 small town and hence I can't apply for other cards like City ( now no idea who gets them after their decision to pull out of country) or Amex.
One fine day I saw a link a link to apply for SBI card via NetBanking. I didn't had any hopes as once agin the residential address was sure to halt the process. But this time, the application went through easily and I was finally able to apply and generate an application number. In the end I was told that someone would contact me soon. This was on 29/05/2021.
Since covid second wave was ravaging across the country at that time, I had in my mind that it will take some to get callback. It was understandable.

11/06/2021.
Finally I got a call and after due verification questions, I was told that my card has been approved in principle and documents collection cell will contact me soon. Again silence.

18/06/2021.
Yet another call. This time I was asked that do I have any FD in Sbi. On replying negative, the person on other end directly told that card cannot be issued if I don't have an FD. Its none of their interest that you have a salary account along with atleast 3-4 other investments linked to that account. I was a bit surprised but let it go. And forgot it. Silence again.

23/06/2021.
A third call. This time I was told that my SBI simply save card has been approved and documents collection will happen the next day. I was surprised when did I asked for the Simply save card? It was a clear cut online application from SBI BPCL octane card link page. The other person said I will correct the card and still stressed that document collection is scheduled for next day evening 5-6pm.

24/06/2021.
As promised a day earlier, nothing happened and no-one called.

Highly irritated I tried calling the helpline to end this issue for once and all. They claimed to issue card in 21 days and here even after a month no one even turned up to collect documents.

Finally I called on 29/06/2021. They took the application number and said my application still under processing. I simply asked to close the application as I was fed up with all this rubbish. I even said if theyr are busy, give me a location, I will myself drop the documents at branch or where ever it's needed. That too was not accepted and said someone will come for sure.
They apologised and confirmed that someone will surely come for document collection next day and requested not to withdraw/cancel application.
I thought to give it a last chance. And as always, it's 06/07/2021 and still no-one came.

I don't know why and when will these government sector banks wake up from their deep slumber. This is despite the fact that SBI cards is a different entity from SBI bank. If I am not wrong, it was related to GE financing till some time back. I am not sure of current status.
I have decided to let it go now. Its useless wasting time running behind them for document collection.
God bless the great souls.
MSC is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 12:02   #4570
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
I would like to narrate my ordeal while trying to get a SBI card which is nothing short of disaster.
The SBI Credit Cards division is administered by GE Money. They are known to be slow and take a lot of time in processing the application.
May be you can look for a suitable fuel card from ICICI like HPCL Platinum Credit Card.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 12:15   #4571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Scroll up a bit and you'll see I had a similar experience. Here's the rest of the story.

The 8th verification call I got, I yelled at them, the lady at the receiving end rejected my app for want of address proof. I hoped it'll end there but they continued to follow up. My app was reopened and I've now done 18 verification calls. As I type this, I realise how much time I've wasted. Not sure if my app has been approved. Let's see.
Old 7th July 2021, 10:26   #4572
Senior - BHPian

I have been getting calls for SBI cards for quite a few years. Initially I just politely refused, but when they got really pesky I agreed.

As per their requirement I submitted all the documents and even got a verification visit by their agent. Suddenly after a month I receive a call that the application was rejected. This happened twice over a period of five years, and I have no idea why. I have a few cards including AMEX gold Charge card and a hefty bank balance.

It seems that the people who solicit do so by just looking up a list (god knows where they get the list from) and then solicit to fulfill the target. No other bank seems to have such a sloppy (and vierd) set of people.
Old 8th July 2021, 09:47   #4573
BHPian

Quote:
I have been exchanging emails with CC and so far they have not been able to answer me as they have no clue on why it is showing '0'.
Latest response from CC and it is not encouraging. This is what they have mentioned, "as per our records, Reward points of ICICI Bank Credit Card XX009 have been calculated and credited as per ratio with no error.".
Now, i really don't know what do they mean by this? I will wait till my next statement and if the issue is still not resolved, then i may have to think about retaining this CC.
Old 8th July 2021, 12:14   #4574
BHPian

A little bit off topic. Any Air India Flying Rewards member here? I recently created a profile in Air India & i want to make online retro claims of FR points for Air India journeys undertaken in last one year. Can anybody guide me how to do so?
Old 9th July 2021, 11:06   #4575
BHPian

Source - https://finshots.in/infographic/who-...rket-in-india/
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-cc.png  

vinu_h is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed