Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2021, 12:01   #4696
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Has anyone else faced such a situation? If yes, how was is resolved?

Thanks.
Simple solution is activate the card with later expiry and the first one becomes useless. Once you enter the expiry value while activating the older card by default is logged out of the system.

Last edited by aadya : 7th August 2021 at 12:06.
aadya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 12:03   #4697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
I am facing a peculiar situation. I have been using a SC Titanium CC since 2016. The card was due for expiry in July 2021. A replacement card was sent by the bank in last week of May 2021. However, since I had shifted in March 2021 and was unable to update the correspondence address on record, the card was not delivered by Blue Dart and returned. I eventually updated my address with the bank and requested a new replacement card in the last week of July 2021.

A replacement card was delivered yesterday. However, Blue Dart also delivered the initial replacement card (that was returned in May 2021 because of address change). Now I have two SC Titanium card's with the same number, CVV and expiry dates. The only thing that is different is the 'Valid from' date.

I have contacted SC and updated them about this situation today. They have promised to revert within 24 hrs.

Has anyone else faced such a situation? If yes, how was is resolved?

Thanks.
It's a strange situation.
However, this can try below method and if that doesn't work, then wait for customer care to resolve.

New cards generally are usable only after this activate them by logging in and setting your PIN etc., Try to register the newer card in online banking and do a transaction online. If it works, you can destroy and dispose the other card and send an email to customer care for record.

Last edited by Everlearner : 7th August 2021 at 12:04.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 12:18   #4698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
How do we get 5% cashback in icici bank amazon pay card? I have made a few transactions in amazon with the said card but i am yet to receive any cashback in amazon pay. From what i know, the cashback gets credited once the bill is generated for the month. Mine bill was generated yesterday but i haven't received any cashback yet. Shall i raise a complaint in customer care?
No need to raise complaint. You might have got it today. My bill is generated on 6th and cashback I receive the next day i.e. today . This is only my 2nd bill and that has been the pattern.

One question though: How do we increase the limit? Mine being new just got 40k limit at the start and every month am almost completing the quota. Need to buy some iphones in a few months. Was wondering if I can make use of this 5% unlimited cashback but iPhone 12 starts from 70k+ , so this card won’t suffice
Old 7th August 2021, 12:55   #4699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Diners Club Black, Infinia. Amex Platinum gives you 5x rewards on fuel as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Your options are currently the StanC Super Value Titanium / Ultimate or the Citibank IOCL card. Not sure of others. HDFC and AmEx are barred from onboarding new customers so unless you have an existing card that you can upgrade, you can't apply for one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
'ICICI Amazon Pay' Card has fuel surcharge waiver and 5% cashback on purchases in Amazon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
You can opt for the Stan C Titanium card, or the range of SBI cards as well. HDFC is actually the best of the lot, because of wide ranging tieups, but they are barred by the authorities to issue new cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
There's a new one from ICICI. However, the T&C says that most of the benefits can only be had when an ICICI EDC is used. I am assuming other cards carry similar T&C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Amex Gold Charge card has reintroduced reward points on Fuel spends, and offers 0% surcharge on HPCL transactions up to Rs 5000. Of course they are not allowed to issue cards to new customers right now, but wanted to put this out here.
Thanks all.

I could shortlist ICICI Amazon, Indian Oil Citibank from the given options, as a new user cannot be onboarded for a new Stan. Chart. or HDFC mastercard.

Also, an off topic opinion. With the rampant increase of cyber frauds, crimes, I guess it makes sense to shield the external access to the savings accounts. Credit cards and digital wallets are a much safer way to transact as opposed to using debit cards.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 13:08   #4700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
One question though: How do we increase the limit? Mine being new just got 40k limit at the start and every month am almost completing the quota.
You could try contacting the customer support.

Recently, I posted my experience above - Initially, they said my credit rating and repayments are on time, so I should be eligible for an increase but later after the verification of my payslips they said it is already at the maximum limit and asked to try again after next 6 months. Weirdly they call me everyday for personal loan of 3 lakhs based on my credit card profile, whereas they don't want to increase my credit limit over 62k.

Last edited by logicalidiot : 7th August 2021 at 13:09.
Old 7th August 2021, 17:36   #4701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
You could try contacting the customer support.
Just got off a call with customer support. They say only after 1 year usage you will be eligible for limit increase. Looking at your spend pattern it will be decided. Sounded like ‘hatt gareeb’

Last edited by SoumenD : 7th August 2021 at 17:44.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 18:54   #4702
BHPian

Quote:
Was wondering if I can make use of this 5% unlimited cashback but iPhone 12 starts from 70k+ , so this card won’t suffice
You can still get the cashback on the full amount. I do it regularly, since I like to keep my utilisation ratio at around 25%, which is not enough when I buy something expensive. I get around this by first doing an ad-hoc bill payment for the required amount, so my card is in surplus.

Eg, with a limit of 40k, (and assuming you don't mind 100% utilisation) to buy a 70k phone, just prepay the balance 30k. You will then have an available credit limit of 70k, and can buy the phone.
You can also prepay smaller amounts through the month as you make normal Amazon purchases so that you get the 5% cashback on everything possible. Your total spends will then be higher than your credit limit, without ever hitting the limit.

Caveat: I have ICICI bank accounts, so I can't say for sure if you can do this if you pay your card bill from another bank.
Old 7th August 2021, 19:57   #4703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadixLecti View Post
I get around this by first doing an ad-hoc bill payment for the required amount, so my card is in surplus.

Eg, with a limit of 40k, (and assuming you don't mind 100% utilisation) to buy a 70k phone, just prepay the balance 30k. You will then have an available credit limit of 70k, and can buy the phone.

Caveat: I have ICICI bank accounts, so I can't say for sure if you can do this if you pay your card bill from another bank.
It doesn't matter from which bank you make the payment. Ad-hoc credits are always added to your balance and will increase the credit limit after considering your other debit transactions
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 23:53   #4704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadixLecti View Post
You can still get the cashback on the full amount. I do it regularly, since I like to keep my utilisation ratio at around 25%, which is not enough when I buy something expensive. I get around this by first doing an ad-hoc bill payment for the required amount, so my card is in surplus.

You can also prepay smaller amounts through the month as you make normal Amazon purchases so that you get the 5% cashback on everything possible. Your total spends will then be higher than your credit limit, without ever hitting the limit.

Thanks.Never thought about that. Lets say I want to buy the iPhone 12 going out for 67k currently. So I prepay 30k to the cc which makes my limit 70k and then I can directly use the car for 67k payment and get 5% cashback on entire 67k and not just 40k(actual limit)?

Yeah I have an icici bank account as well
Old 8th August 2021, 02:30   #4705
BHPian

Quote:
Just got off a call with customer support. They say only after 1 year usage you will be eligible for limit increase. Looking at your spend pattern it will be decided. Sounded like ‘hatt gareeb’
If you aren't an existing ICICI customer, the initial given limit is very less. My initial limit was 34K. I had contacted ICICI bank to increase the limit since I was utilizing almost 80-90% of the limit at times and I was ready to provide my salary slip also but they didn't budge and asked to wait for 6 months at-least. After 6 months they auto-increased the limit to 2lacs. I was satisfied with that limit but they again auto-increased the limit to 9lacs after 1 year completion. So I suggest you to keep using the card and keep paying the dues before time and they will auto-increase the limit after 6months or 1year at max.

TIP: Try to avoid utilizing beyond 30-50% of the limit since it affects your CIBIL negatively.

Quote:
Thanks.Never thought about that. Lets say I want to buy the iPhone 12 going out for 67k currently. So I prepay 30k to the cc which makes my limit 70k and then I can directly use the car for 67k payment and get 5% cashback on entire 67k and not just 40k(actual limit)?
Yes that's right. You will get the 5% cashback on the full amount provided you are a prime member. I'd suggest you to prepay higher amount to keep the utilization ratio less.

Last edited by Funny : 8th August 2021 at 02:38.
Funny is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 11:50   #4706
BHPian

Quote:
No need to raise complaint. You might have got it today. My bill is generated on 6th and cashback I receive the next day i.e. today . This is only my 2nd bill and that has been the pattern.
Yes i got it yesterday itself. Mine also credit limit is quite low i.e 60k. Hope they update it later.

Last edited by Fordlover88 : 8th August 2021 at 11:52.
Old 8th August 2021, 13:45   #4707
BHPian

Any feedback on SBI BPCL Octane credit card? I am getting an offer of this card with Rs. 750 worth Amazon Pay GC along with 6000 reward points(worth Rs. 1500)over and above my existing sbi prime card. Annual fees are Rs. 1499 plus taxes. Is the card good?

Last edited by Fordlover88 : 8th August 2021 at 14:02.
Old 8th August 2021, 19:40   #4708
BHPian

Quote:
One question though: How do we increase the limit? Mine being new just got 40k limit at the start and every month am almost completing the quota. Need to buy some iphones in a few months. Was wondering if I can make use of this 5% unlimited cashback but iPhone 12 starts from 70k+ , so this card won’t suffice
One way is to purchase Amazon gift cards worth the difference and adding them to your account. Then you will see the option to use your Amazon Pay balance and the rest can be paid via credit card.
Old 8th August 2021, 20:29   #4709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
One way is to purchase Amazon gift cards worth the difference and adding them to your account. Then you will see the option to use your Amazon Pay balance and the rest can be paid via credit card.
^^ I don't think we earn 5% cashback on gift cards, gold, EMI or even ebooks purchased via ICICI Amazon card. We earn only 2% on gift cards, and nothing on Gold & EMI transactions.
Old 12th August 2021, 17:25   #4710
BHPian

I have a question about ICICI Amazon Card.

Do we still get 5% cash back on loading money on Amazon Pay Wallet through ICICI Amazon Card. It used to be till last year. I'm not sure if that's the case now because it isn't specified anywhere.

Also, if it is still 5%, then won't it make sense to first load money in Amazon Pay Wallet get 5% cash back and then pay bills. So you can get 5% cash back even for paying bills instead of 2%. Till last year cash back was 5% flat even for paying bills so it didn't mattered whether one paid through Amazon Pay Wallet or through credit card.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks