Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2021, 12:32   #4726
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
I have HDFC Regalia credit card for a while now. I missed paying my last month's due in full , and I am slapped with ~2k Finance Charges this month. This is the first miss across all my cards.

Has anyone in a similar situation tried talking to their customer care and ask for this charge to be reversed (maybe a goodwill gesture)?

If so, what is the number to talk to someone? All available contact numbers only have automated responses, no option to talk to a person.
Yes ! The bank will give a reversal for the same if its the first time around.

Pls call this number 080 - 61606161 and tell them what happened. Tell them that you are a long standing customer with good spends and repayment pattern. Initially they might say 'No' , but I am sure they will agree for 100% reversal.

On the other side, having a ECS/Standing Instruction set up will ensure that the payment is debited from your account on the payment due date. This will ensure a seamless process.

Also, keep in mind there will be a small change in the CIBIL score due to the above miss. And this will be mentioned on the CIBIL report too. To come back to the same score, it will take another 3 months.

Sorry for the long reply, but its a chain process which happens one after the other, which you should be aware of.

Regards,
Anees

PS: If the bank is not willing to reverse the charges, let me know pls. I will guide you the further steps.
Anees_Offl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 12:44   #4727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anees_Offl View Post

Also, keep in mind there will be a small change in the CIBIL score due to the above miss. And this will be mentioned on the CIBIL report too. To come back to the same score, it will take another 3 months.

I have had few reversals over the past 15 years of Credit card usage. Across industry I hold/held cards like Amex, HDFC,SBI,KOTAK, ICICI, Centurion etc., Most often I miss it due to confusion in the dates when two three cards have similar bill and the dates fall in quick succession. As soon I realize my miss I payback the entire outstanding and call the customer care for reversal. Every single time I have got the reversal and nothing reflects in CIBIL. Maximum time duration between the due date and payment was 10 days.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 13:54   #4728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
I have had few reversals over the past 15 years of Credit card usage. Across industry I hold/held cards like Amex, HDFC,SBI,KOTAK, ICICI, Centurion etc., Most often I miss it due to confusion in the dates when two three cards have similar bill and the dates fall in quick succession. As soon I realize my miss I payback the entire outstanding and call the customer care for reversal. Every single time I have got the reversal and nothing reflects in CIBIL. Maximum time duration between the due date and payment was 10 days.
Sir,

1) I have over 15 years work experience in the credit card industry (MNC bank). If you look at the CIBIL report closely under the specific card, then you will see the 'Days past Due' where it would be mentioned(provided the bank reports it timely to CIBIL)

2) Out of 900, if you have 850 points now, you would have lost 2-3 points earlier(which would have been 852). That's all I am trying to say.

3) Also, as mentioned before, after 2 -3 months the score is back to normal as it was earlier.

Hope this clarifies.
Anees_Offl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 19:09   #4729
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for NRI credit cards. I hold an ICICI credit card and was also interested in the Amazon Pay ICICI credit card recently but it appears that this is only for residents (not NRIs).
I have a Regalia from HDFC but HDFC customer care says that you cannot use that card since it is for residents only. These were life time free cards and now HDFC has suggested some annual fee based cards.

How are others doing this?
Old 27th August 2021, 19:21   #4730

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahi View Post
I guess I may try once more by writing a mail.
UPDATE: Writing mail worked. Now bank has enhanced the limit 5 times. But they did ask for last 3 months salary slips.
Old 28th August 2021, 12:22   #4731
BHPian

Quote:
Sir,
1) I have over 15 years work experience in the credit card industry (MNC bank).
Hope this clarifies.
Sorry mate if I sounded contradictory. I just put in my observation. You should be right that they may not be reporting immediately. But I have observed number of payments past due date which also do not reflect any numbers. May be I am lucky.
aadya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 16:56   #4732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
If the customer promptly pays only a few days after the due date and the bank reverses the penalty then there is a good chance that the bank might not report it as delinquent. When it is reflected, it is not a 2 or 3 point penalty. It would be a hit of around 100 points. Don’t believe me? Try it yourself in the CIBIL credit score simulator.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 20:16   #4733
BHPian

Hi, any benefit of paying rent through credit card? I was about to pay last month’s rent through credit card but almost all the apps charge a hefty amount. Is there any benefit really?
Old 29th August 2021, 20:22   #4734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi, any benefit of paying rent through credit card? I was about to pay last month’s rent through credit card but almost all the apps charge a hefty amount. Is there any benefit really?
Rental amount are usually big amounts and paying through credit cards helps achieve spend limits to reverse annual fee/ bonus reward points apart from the regular reward points one gets for the rent amount.

Try Nobroker, the charges are 1% for rent pay, they usually have offers running which covers the service charges.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 23:59   #4735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Rental amount are usually big amounts and paying through credit cards helps achieve spend limits to reverse annual fee/ bonus reward points apart from the regular reward points one gets for the rent amount.

Try Nobroker, the charges are 1% for rent pay, they usually have offers running which covers the service charges.
Any app or service that will allow rent payment without charges? How about CRED? Do they charge any service fee?
Old 30th August 2021, 07:16   #4736
BHPian

Cred also charges service fee and is more expensive than nobroker. Like mentioned above, I find the nobroker best bet to pay the rent. I pay a rent of asking 22.5k and get charged Rs.225 as service fee. They also usually have some cash back offers and I get Rs.300 to Rs.400 as cash back in either payzapp wallet or Amazon pay Icici card.

If you are still looking for service with lowest charges, Redgirraffe has quite lower service charges compared to others
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 07:50   #4737
BHPian

NFC payment from iMobile - ICICI

With yesterday's update, you can now pay via NFC if you have ICICI's iMobile Android app. Both my visa cards(credit & debit) can be configured. Ru-pay & MasterCard, not yet, not sure about iOS. Downside, it takes no less than 5 clicks to get to the 'make payment' page in iMobile; meaning that you will need internet to do this and this is why I will continue to use Gpay. High tech stuff mounted on a bullock cart. With Gpay, all one needs to do is enable NFC, that's all. Happy to be corrected, but, I think Gpay(NFC) works w/o internet as well.

Image 1 - Home page of iMobile - You'll TapnPay at the bottom right
Image 2 - Card selection
Image 3 - Click make payment
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-home-page.jpeg  

The Credit Card Thread-car-selection.jpeg  

The Credit Card Thread-payment.jpeg  

vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 16:41   #4738
AZT
BHPian

Amex has a small shop offer ongoing where you can use your card at a list of neighborhood stores and get flat 500 cash back for transactions of min 1000. You need to login to your account on the website and save the offer to your card, you can search the list of applicable stores by pincode and do 5 such unique transactions in different stores.
AZT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 12:45   #4739
BHPian

Quote:
Pls call this number 080 - 61606161 and tell them what happened
I had called this number before posting the query here. HDFC seems to have removed all options to talk to someone, only IVR options are available for account balance, credit limit, due date, etc.

Any other way out?
Old 31st August 2021, 13:17   #4740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
I had called this number before posting the query here. HDFC seems to have removed all options to talk to someone, only IVR options are available for account balance, credit limit, due date, etc.

Any other way out?
Hi bro,

The option to talk is still there. Had called the CC guys last week on a query. You have to keenly follow the IVR options. First 2, then 1, then you need to validate your card with the PIN, then you have a complaint option(2) and subsequently you will reach the CC Exec. I had called the same number and its working. Pls check.
Anees_Offl is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks