Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 14:25   #4846
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Update on the AMEX small shop offer - If your neighborhood store / restaurant etc listed on the offer page refuses to accept AMEX, you can swipe another card and share the charge slip or SMS with AMEX customer support team and they will reimburse you the 500 rs...
Thanks for the tip! I was able to claim 3 purchases that I would have let go because the listed shops under the offer didn't accept Amex and I made the purchase anyway.
Hope this offer leads to better acceptance of Amex in smaller shops.
Old 21st September 2021, 16:46   #4847
Senior - BHPian

My SBI simply save credit card is due to expire in Feb'22. Should I reach out to customer care or they will simply send me an updated one beforehand?
Old 23rd September 2021, 09:09   #4848
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Need some suggestions from experts for my credit card portfolio. Currently, these are the cards I have -

HDFC Diners black - This is my primary card but acceptance is still an issue in several online and offline stores.

Amazon Pay ICICI card - This is my primary card for purchases on Amazon and fall back option when Diners black doesn't work (life time free)

Yes First exclusive card - This used to be a super premium card with some great features but has been severely devalued after the Yes bank fiasco (life time free)

SBI simply save card - This is just there for SBI specific offers, not used much (life time free).

The primary reason I am looking for another card is the Yes FIrst exclusive card is pretty much useless now and I need another premium card apart from Diners black. ALso, I would like to convert the Diners black to Infinia is possible but I don't have bank A/C with HDFC. I am not sure if this is possible but let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to proceed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
My SBI simply save credit card is due to expire in Feb'22. Should I reach out to customer care or they will simply send me an updated one beforehand?
No need to call them unless your address is changed. Also, you can ask for renewal fee waiver or make the card life time free, if not done already. I called them to cancel the card and they made it life time free.
Old 23rd September 2021, 14:59   #4849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Also, you can ask for renewal fee waiver or make the card life time free, if not done already. I called them to cancel the card and they made it life time free.
Renewal fees is waived off every year as my annual spends are more than 1 lac on this card.

I tried this trick of calling them and asking to cancel the card but the customer support guy was ready to cancel the card and told there is no lifetime free card available in SBI. Had to drop the call to get my card saved from getting cancelled as he was like sir abi cancel kardeta hun
Old 23rd September 2021, 17:37   #4850
BHPian

Fantastic experience(so far) with HDFC. I had applied for a HDFC bank Intermiles Signature credit card on 22nd, was approved the same day and delivered just now. 3 business days from application to delivery is the best come back one could have hoped for from a bank that was disciplined by the RBI. I was able to activate the card, but, ran into trouble a little after that.

Card came with a subscription to the silver tier of Intermiles and I do not have any past exposure, so went ahead and called intermiles to register this card. Strangely they said this intermiles number is registered to somebody else and HDFC customer care acknowledged it as well. With a bit of effort, a ticket was generated and they've sought 3 BD's to respond.

Surprised to see such mix ups in a world of automation. Hope they do not give out the same credit card number to another applicant.
Old 24th September 2021, 08:33   #4851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
1) I was given 240000 and I am quite happy with that limit.
There was an offer going on and through which I got my credit limit enhanced to 560000.
Old 24th September 2021, 13:40   #4852
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Was eligible for HDFC Infinia card since quite sometime. Applied online on Tuesday & the card was delivered by Thursday & have activated it today. Quite fast!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 14:07   #4853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Was eligible for HDFC Infinia card since quite sometime. Applied online on Tuesday & the card was delivered by Thursday & have activated it today. Quite fast!
Is this Life Time Free (LTF)? I get this card as eligible when I click on the link "Get Free Life Time Credit Card", but then the T&Cs say Infinia isn't valid for LTF!!

Also, any idea if I can get this card delivered at a different address than what is updated in the bank records? TIA
Old 24th September 2021, 14:11   #4854
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Is this Life Time Free (LTF)? I get this card as eligible when I click on the link "Get Free Life Time Credit Card", but then the T&Cs say Infinia isn't valid for LTF!!
No,its not! 10k are the annual charges I believe which can be waived off if you cross 8L annual spends. Will have to figure out a way to make best use of it since this is my first credit card.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 19:36   #4855
AZT
BHPian

Incase anyone pays vodafone bill / recharge through the Vi App, you can choose Cred as the payment option and there's a 10% cashback option (20% if you have a Kotak card in Cred). The Kotak scheme is multiple use as myself used it twice.
Old 25th September 2021, 22:35   #4856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
With big billion day sale coming, I just noticed Axis bank flipkart credit card doesn’t have anymore annual fee. Didn’t it have some fees and you needed to spend 2L annually for a waiver? Probably pressure from amazon icici card?
Yes, annual fees are now waived off; however, not everyone is eligible for this card. I don’t know what is the eligibility criteria for this but I being a flipkart plus member was denied this one.
Old 25th September 2021, 23:07   #4857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Yes, annual fees are now waived off; however, not everyone is eligible for this card. I don’t know what is the eligibility criteria for this but I being a flipkart plus member was denied this one.
This happened to me as well a year ago but on the Amazon side. Being a prime member I applied for Amazon Pay ICICI card and was denied the same. Not sure if this is how it works but an ICICI bank representative told me this wasn't because of any rejection from their end but Amazon had to approve of it as well.

Anyway, a couple of months ago an agent from ICICI bank called up himself to enquire if I was interested in this card and that I was eligible for the same. The card was activated online within a few minutes and I received the physical card within 4 - 5 days as well.

A point to note, I think the rejections can also happen if you don't own a credit card at all and this would be your first which happened to be the case with me. People I knew who already held at least one credit card before applying got it the first time itself immediately without any hassles.
Old 26th September 2021, 00:29   #4858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaught View Post
I think the rejections can also happen if you don't own a credit card at all and this would be your first which happened to be the case with me. People I knew who already held at least one credit card before applying got it the first time itself immediately without any hassles.
Not really; I am using a HDFC CC for more then 8 years & recently got the Amazon pay ICICI CC too. Yet, I was denied the Flipkart CC.
Old 26th September 2021, 00:52   #4859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I did apply and next day their guy came home for KYC verification. Got a message saying it’s approved yesterday. Yet to receive the virtual card or any communication around it though. Amazon card process was far more simpler and quicker. However I want to see what sort of balance they give me. Amazon gave a paltry 40k which I exhaust every month easily. This one I applied to use in BBD sale. Lets see if I end up getting it before the sale.
Old 26th September 2021, 02:12   #4860
BHPian

I honestly don't know what authentication steps these banks/providers take but I'd applied for the amazon pay credit card just out of sheer curiosity and had submitted my PAN/Aadhar at the time for the online verification thingy. Someone from ICICI called me a few days later for the physical KYC verification and I told them I didn't want the card and that I'm a student with no legitimate income. I thought that was the end of that but lo and behold, the card turns up a few weeks later with my name on it. They've given me a 60k limit and it works flawlessly but this leaves me baffled, how did I even get one in the first place? What happens to my credit score if I continue to use it? So many questions.

Most Viewed