Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2021, 00:32   #4981
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hey Guys,
I've had an HDFC Infinia Card for about 10 months now, needless to say, the renewal is still a couple of years away (2024 beginning). Now that the Infinia Metal Card has been launched and people would be getting that once their renewal is due, I was just wondering what happens if I blacklist this card and request for a new one? Do you think they'll replace it with a metallic card or a PVC with an even later expiry?
Old 6th November 2021, 16:57   #4982

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
Hey Guys,
I've had an HDFC Infinia Card for about 10 months now, needless to say, the renewal is still a couple of years away (2024 beginning). Now that the Infinia Metal Card has been launched and people would be getting that once their renewal is due, I was just wondering what happens if I blacklist this card and request for a new one? Do you think they'll replace it with a metallic card or a PVC with an even later expiry?
There is a site cardexpert dot in where you might find an answer to your question.
Old 6th November 2021, 18:26   #4983
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you think they'll replace it with a metallic card or a PVC with an even later expiry?
In the T&C, they've said that every new Infinia (new or replacement or renewal) will be Metal; but I guess you'll get one only once the inventory of the plastic cards have run out. Just some time back, someone got a plastic Infinia (new application) while others the metal.

Also, the metal is 2.5k more/year and the fee waiver is 10 lakhs vs. the existing 8.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 18:35   #4984

Quote:
Hey Guys,
The benefits are same. What’s the advantage of a metal card if the underlying costs and benefits are identical?
Fishtail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 20:06   #4985
Senior - BHPian

For those who have Citi IOC cards, is rewards encashment for fuel working? Though the bunk is listed on the Citi website, I am not getting any SMS.
Old 8th November 2021, 10:21   #4986
BHPian

I had bought Amazon vouchers for 10k from Smartbuy in Oct, but the additional reward points were not credited in the statement I received yesterday. Called up the customer care and they informed me that the accounting for Oct smartbuy transactions is still not completed and the bonus reward points should be credited in a few days. Keep an eye on the reward points accrual if you had bought vouchers from smartbuy.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 11:24   #4987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I had bought Amazon vouchers for 10k from Smartbuy in Oct, but the additional reward points were not credited in the statement I received yesterday. Called up the customer care and they informed me that the accounting for Oct smartbuy transactions is still not completed and the bonus reward points should be credited in a few days. Keep an eye on the reward points accrual if you had bought vouchers from smartbuy.
As far as i know, reward points for the Smartbuy follow the 'calander month' instead of 'statement month' cycle. So, if you had brought it in the month of October, it will be credited in the 1st/2nd week of November.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 11:28   #4988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
As far as i know, reward points for the Smartbuy follow the 'calander month' instead of 'statement month' cycle. So, if you had brought it in the month of October, it will be credited in the 1st/2nd week of November.
Thats correct. My billing date is 7th and the bonus reward points for previous month are usually reflected in my statement. I can see the bonus points entry in my Oct statement for purchase made in Sept. But, I could not find the entry in my Nov statement for purchase made in Oct. Hence, I reached out to customer care.
Old 8th November 2021, 11:31   #4989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Thats correct. My billing date is 7th and the bonus reward points for previous month are usually reflected in my statement. I can see the bonus points entry in my Oct statement for purchase made in Sept. But, I could not find the entry in my Nov statement for purchase made in Oct. Hence, I reached out to customer care.
Your observation is spot on. Even I have been tracking these smartbuy reward points every month and they used to appear by 5th or 6th of every month. But this month, it is already 8th and I still do not see the points appearing in their portal.
Old 8th November 2021, 12:00   #4990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
For those who have Citi IOC cards, is rewards encashment for fuel working? Though the bunk is listed on the Citi website, I am not getting any SMS.
Yes its working for me. I automatically receive the SMS. The other alternate method is to login to Citibank online, and under the 'Redeem Rewards' section pls choose 'Pay with points' option. This will redeem the points as per the value of Rs.1/- per point against fuel transactions.
Anees_Offl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 17:52   #4991
Senior - BHPian

Is there any cashback if you buy vehicle insurance from Amazon pay using the Amazon-ICICI card or amazon pay balance(topped up using same card)? Flipkart axis card gives 1.5% flat cashback I know but couldn't find any details on Amazon icici card offers.

Moreover I see flipkart axis card statement clearly states the cashbacks, but amazon icici card I just get an amount credited in amazon pay stating its a cashback for the month without any other purchase-wise cashback breakup. Is there anyway to find out what sort of cashback the amazon card is getting me?

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th November 2021 at 17:56.
Old 9th November 2021, 18:29   #4992
BHPian

You should get 2% cash back at per this from Amazon app
The Credit Card Thread-screenshot_2021110918274728_fd1e8ef594b195c55a3bba4818d0ce35.jpg
Old 9th November 2021, 20:24   #4993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
I am finding that, I am no longer able to use any Indian issued card in transactions which doesn't generate OTP (Ex: Expedia.com, Agoda.com, eBay.com etc). I guess if the website doesn't have an 'Indian' payment gateway (which can generate mobile OTP), you can't use the card at all.
This could be a big disadvantage to consumers.
Is there any update on this?
Old 9th November 2021, 22:40   #4994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Is there anyway to find out what sort of cashback the amazon card is getting me?
The ICICI iMobile app did let you check the cashback awarded for a specific transaction until few months back. And then suddenly one fine day the cashback for Amazon transactions started appearing Zero for me. I raised the complaint once and they said it is a technical issue which would be fixed soon and assured me that the cashback is being credited correctly. Instead of fixing it, they seem to have removed that feature altogether.

I haven't come across any other way to check/confirm the cashback being awarded. The statement shows only the consolidated amount on all the transactions. I guess they just didn't want to fix the mobile app and entertain those snoopy credit card users.
Old 9th November 2021, 22:56   #4995
BHPian

The Reserve Bank of India lifts ban on Diners Club International Ltd with immediate effect.

https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_Pr...spx?prid=52532

Most Viewed