Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2022, 16:20   #5161
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
How to change the pin for the addon card?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
For setting the add-on card pin, you first need to call customer care and generate an OTP.
Additionally, the OTP can be generated instantly through netbanking >> cards >> credit cards >> ATM Pin generation.

The OTP will be sent to primary card mobile number but can be used to set pin for addon card at ATM.
Comrade is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 00:19   #5162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Btw, it's the same with HDFC. For their super premium cards (DCB, Infinia), the card dept's decision is final and non-negotiable, and no amount of justification or request by the Branch Manager, even for premium customers (Imperia) will change that.
Sure, being a private bank, I understand that and I suppose Bank of Baroda is trying to move in that direction. But BoB has a few credit cards on offer. Surely it would not have been hard for that "agent" to process my application for a "lower" card. I think what that guy was more worried about was my credit worthiness, the manager's recommendation not withstanding, as I did not have an active loan account with BoB and that is why the circus of asking me to open an FD!!!

But I found it funny when the guy said they(BoB cards) were going to sanction the BoB credit card for me because I "escalated the complaint to the GM" (which wasn't my intention at all!!!). Wonder where the criteria disappeared when they were about to sanction a card for me then.

May be I was foolishly trying to find traces of the old Vijaya Bank's practices in BoB and expected some of those practices to be retained. Afterall, it still is a PSU bank. I expected having been a loyal customer of Vijaya bank, I would have access to the same services in BoB. I was terribly wrong. While the old Vijaya Bank staff certainly tried to help in my complaint, I did get to see and hear about the dirty politics and discrimination that are an inevitable part of such mergers and yes it is happening with other PSU banks too, be it the merger of Canara/Syndicate or UBI/Andhra/Corporation or Allahabad/Indian Banks.
Old 1st February 2022, 10:45   #5163
BHPian

Has anyone noticed the change to the Regalia Smartbuy rewards structure.

I see that from Feb onwards, Regalia will be getting 5x points similar to Infinia (as opposed to 5% cash back) subject to a cop of 4000 points. I am confused on a few points here:

1) When I go to the Instant Voucher portal (I checked the Amazon voucher), the illustrations still show that I will be getting CashBack and not RP - is this a case of the tech not keeping up with the policy change.

2) ​4000 points is now the cap as opposed to INR 2000 CB - this is a devalue, if you are looking at CB or vouchers. If you are using points for flights/hotel its still the same.

Wanted some clarity, as I have a few purchases lined up this week.
Old 1st February 2022, 12:41   #5164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACe_10 View Post
Has anyone noticed the change to the Regalia Smartbuy rewards structure.
After I saw your message, I went and checked the updated points for my card (DB). They have reduced the smartbuy reward points from 5x to 3x for both Amazon and FK GV. They have not reduced it for Infinia though. And surprisingly, for Regalia CC, it is still showing Rs660 as cashback amount for Rs5000 GV? How can DB get half the cashback compared to Regalia CC? I am confused here.

With these new changes, my DB CC cashback is same as Amazon Pay ICICI CC! I had stopped using my Amazon Pay CC since last few months, even for purchases from Amazon. Now, I may have to go back and start using that CC.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 14:20   #5165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Hi All,

I am trying to narrow down on which credit card to get (would be my first one).

Most of my money is in ICICI and Kotak (thought I do have an HDFC account with minimum balance) if that info helps. I tend to make most purchases online on Amazon.
As you have account in ICICI bank get the LTF Platinum card. Talk to your relationship manager (if you have one) or go to the branch and talk to the manger.

Once you have an ICICI card, getting the Amazon-ICICI card will be easier.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 15:36   #5166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Surely it would not have been hard for that "agent" to process my application for a "lower" card. I think what that guy was more worried about was my credit worthiness, the manager's recommendation not withstanding, as I did not have an active loan account with BoB and that is why the circus of asking me to open an FD!!!
IMHO, this is a customer's market and you have choice of 10s of banks providing credit card services who will be happy to provide you one.

No point in spending your time and energy dealing with some banks whims and fancies unless your credit score is really abysmal or you are looking for a specific benefit provided by this card.

It's bank's loss, not your's. just move on and give your business to some one else

Last edited by Everlearner : 1st February 2022 at 15:37.
Everlearner is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 15:50   #5167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
As you have account in ICICI bank get the LTF Platinum card.
Are there any advantages of having ICICI Platinum CC over ICICI Amazon CC?
Old 1st February 2022, 16:47   #5168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
IMHO, this is a customer's market and you have choice of 10s of banks providing credit card services who will be happy to provide you one.

No point in spending your time and energy dealing with some banks whims and fancies unless your credit score is really abysmal or you are looking for a specific benefit provided by this card.

It's bank's loss, not your's. just move on and give your business to some one else
I already have. As stated in my earlier posts, when it was clear to me that my BoB card application was rejected, I applied for credit card with Bajaj Finserv/RBL online and they sanctioned a credit card with a nice credit limit just based on contact details, Aadhar & PAN no(clearly meaning they sanctioned the card based on my CIBIL score). No income proof/IT returns/Active Loan/Keep FD non-sense was ever asked!!!

The only reason why I went to BoB for a credit card was that my Credit card (with Canara Bank) started having a very odd technical issue - The card usage could not be re-enabled most of the times after using app based temporary activation/deactivation feature. If even it could be, transactions would fail randomly - online/PoS swipe didn't matter. Apparently I was the only customer who was reporting such an issue with a Canara Bank Credit Card as per one of their DGMs!! The bank was unable to fix the issue, inspite of several complaints - Part of the Canara/Syndicate Bank IT related system merger blues (which I came to know later)!!! I chose not to pursue it further and close the card after one of their DMs started to indirectly pressurize my wife (who is a Canara bank employee) to close the complaint.

I have a BPCL SBI credit card too but I prefer to have a credit card linked to my S/B A/C.

As I had a faultless loan EMI payment record with Vijaya Bank/Bank of Baroda, had a clean record on my old Vijaya Bank Credit Card and therefore a good CIBIL score(the housing loan was closed recently by paying off the balance principal amount too), I thought it would be much easier to get a credit card from BoB, as they took over Vijaya Bank.

The manager's recommendation + a good score on my CIBIL report( which at the time of the application in November was 760 - which has improved further now when I checked) should have been good enough for the credit card. But the BoB card agent wanted an active loan or an FD to process the application further!!! Needless to say, based on this very frustrating experience with BoB, I have closed the S/B account with BoB also.

As a part of the never ending saga, BOB card division today (Feb 01, 2022) replied to my Vijaya Bank Credit Card complaint e-mail dtd Nov 24, 2021 asking me now to speak to a new guy regarding my Vijaya Bank Credit Card issue - more than two months later!!!
Quote:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 12:00 PM
Subject: RE:'BankOfBaroda=XXX' Follow up e-mail/Details - Complaint no. XXXXXX
To: Sandesh Kanchan /Freya Overseas/ <xxxx@gmail.com>

Dear Madam/Sir,

Greetings from BOB Financial Services limited!

We refer to your trail mail and request you to kindly contact Mr. xxxxx.
Manager- Digital Banking Team (e-VB, now Bank of Baroda)
Email: xxxxx@bankofbaroda.com
Tel no: 080 xxxx

Assuring you Best of our Services,

Regards,
xxxx
Credit Card Customer Experience Team
BOB Financial Solutions Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
Date : 24-11-2021 17:13:49
To: crm@bobfinancial.com(crm@bobfinancial.com);
Subject :Follow up e-mail/Details - Complaint no. xxxx

Dear Sir,

This is with reference to my complaint no. xxxx lodged with the Bank of Baroda Online Complaint Management System website. As requested, my details & the exact nature of the complaint are as below

Full name - Sandesh Kanchan
Date of Birth- -
Contact number - -
E-mail id - xxxx@gmail.com
PAN : xxxx
Card number : xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx (Vijaya Bank)
Vijaya Bank Customer id - xxxx

I used to have a Vijaya Bank Credit Card No. xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx issued by Vijaya Bank, XXXX Branch in 2015 and the credit card was closed on June XX, 2017 by giving a request letter and surrendering the credit card at Vijaya Bank XXXX branch (Copy of the letter attached - Credit Card surrender letter_acknowledged.pdf) . The same was acknowledged by the branch and there was an e-mail confirmation from the Vijaya Bank Credit Card division back then that the credit card had indeed been closed.

However, as of today, I have noted two issues on checking my latest CIBIL report
1. the same Vijaya Bank credit card that I had closed in 2017 is still being shown as active in my CIBIL report - copy of the relevant page from my CIBIL report attached ( VB CC Credit report.pdf)
2. I was also shocked to note that the bank had reported "Overdue payment(Days past Due) for 116 Days" for the month of July 2016 (marked in Red Circle) in my CIBIL report.

I am 100% sure I had been a loyal customer of the bank and had never defaulted on any payment to Vijaya Bank till when I was a customer of the bank. I have cross checked with the credit card statements & my bank a/c statements (A/C No. xxxxx with Vijaya Bank, XXXX branch ) from that time and the full payment(100% of the bill amount) had been duly debited from S/B A/C on the due dates, one of the entries of which is shown below.

Statement Date Amount Previous month Due
-----
-----
----

I also spoke to a man who is apparently from your Credit Card department from Mangalore (Mr xxxx - whose name is mentioned in most BoB branches in Mangalore North to talk about BoB Credit Cards). When I pointed out these issues to him, he expressed helplessness and said that he is from "BANK OF BARODA" and that I should take up this matter with CIBIL!

Kindly check and correct the two issues pointed out as this has not only put a bad remark on my flawless repayment record to Vijaya bank/Bank of Baroda but surely has had an impact on my CIBIL score too for no fault of mine.
The complaint got resolved last month but these the Card Division in the same bank does not even know it(despite having CC'ed them in all my later e-mails). It is as if BoB's left hand does not know what the right hand is doing!!! Pathetic!!!

Last edited by skanchan95 : 1st February 2022 at 17:03.
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 17:03   #5169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
I applied for credit card with Bajaj Finserv/RBL online and they sanctioned a credit card with a nice credit limit just based on contact details, Aadhar & PAN no(clearly meaning they sanctioned the card based on my CIBIL score). No income proof/IT returns/Active Loan/Keep FD non-sense was ever asked!!!
Thanks for that info. If you don't mind me asking, could you tell how they decided on the limit? Since you haven't given your salary details or any collateral as such.

And let's say they know your salary, then was it 2x,3x or any other figure? Thanks in advance.
Old 1st February 2022, 17:30   #5170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post
Thanks for that info. If you don't mind me asking, could you tell how they decided on the limit? Since you haven't given your salary details or any collateral as such.
I have no idea how the decide on the credit limit. Even with my SBI crdit card, I was shocked when they gave a first time applicant like me with no banking relationship with SBI that kind of handsome credit limit. May be in such cases, they look at the score and repayment record in the CIBIL report & then decide to grant the limit.

I did apply for a postpe card too just for the heck of it. I got a lesser limit in it. My brother too applied and he got nearly twice my credit limit on his postpe card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post
And let's say they know your salary, then was it 2x,3x or any other figure? Thanks in advance.
* Not salary, business income. I would say it is a little more than twice the average monthly income. But I don't think that was a factor, as they had no access to those details.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 1st February 2022 at 17:32.
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 11:27   #5171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Are there any advantages of having ICICI Platinum CC over ICICI Amazon CC?
The platinum card is a regular card, so it is eligible for all the discount schemes using ICICI card. In contrast Amazon card is a co-branded card that is not eligible for many schemes. So to get the maximum benefits you should have both.

Both are life time free cards and accepted for purchase where Visa is accepted - on line and off line.
Old 2nd February 2022, 18:20   #5172
BHPian

I am not sure if this has been discussed here but I came across a link which I am sharing below:

https://livefromalounge.com/hdfc-ban...-restructured/

It seems that reward point structure has been reduced for HDFC's premium credit cards.
Saanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 20:37   #5173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Is there any cashback on utility payments too. Amazon pay has 2% there so that's a good plus point.
Isn’t there a charge for paying via credit card for most such payments?
Old 2nd February 2022, 21:58   #5174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
It seems that reward point structure has been reduced for HDFC's premium credit cards.
Worst affected is DB CC (which I am having) and despite being 2nd best CC from HDFC, now the reward points benefits are lower than Regalia and others. I really do not understand the logic behind these changes, especially for DB CC.
Old 2nd February 2022, 22:23   #5175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I really do not understand the logic behind these changes, especially for DB CC.
+ 1

I am not surprised by the reduction in the incentives. It was bound to happen. But what leaves me speechless is dilution in the value of Diner’s Black card. With this development, there is hardly any differential now between DB and Regalia even if you consider DB having better redemption rates on Smartbuy flights/hotels.

In fact, the change seems so unrealistic that one part of me believes this is a faux pass and HDFC will issue a correction
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-ce47bb7d179541cda06bca288926601e.jpeg  

Last edited by warrioraks : 2nd February 2022 at 22:28.

Most Viewed