Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2022, 22:25   #5176
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
+ 1
In fact, the change seems so unrealistic that one part of me believes this is a faux pass and HDFC will issue a correction
Same here, even I am hoping that it was a mistake from their side and they will correct it eventually
Old 2nd February 2022, 22:28   #5177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Same here, even I am hoping that it was a mistake from their side and they will correct it eventually
Since Regalia is lifetime free and Diner’s has a 10k annual fees, I should be asking the relationship manager to downgrade my card with immediate effect

Last edited by warrioraks : 2nd February 2022 at 22:30.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 23:22   #5178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Since Regalia is lifetime free and Diner’s has a 10k annual fees, I should be asking the relationship manager to downgrade my card with immediate effect
Might not be a bad idea to contact them and act super surprised and annoyed. If enough people do that maybe the message will eventually reach ears with the power to move the needle.
Old 4th February 2022, 10:02   #5179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Very strange . The entire KYC was done online for me and it was a video verification. I did not get any calls for in-person verification at all. Something is definitely fishy looking at the questions that you were asked!
Weirdly couple of days back I received a message stating the credit card has been dispatched, without the verification being complete (atleast from my side). Either the guy provided dummy details and completed the verification from his side or the whole scenario was fake. Since I had his WhatsApp number, I texted him and asked if the verification is complete, and he answered yes . I have asked him how it got completed automatically now, let's see what he responds.

One reason why I don't think it's fake is because he wasn't too keen to collect my details or do the verification. He explained me the process and stuffs when I questioned him. When I told him I'm skeptical about sharing the info, he said someone from the bank might cross check the details at a later point if I enter dummy details, that's why I'm asking and otherwise he'd have given a go. I think in the end he resorted to the same instead of rejecting it altogether.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 10:28   #5180
BHPian

Wife received a call from an ICICI representative stating she qualifies for a Life Time Free Sapphiro Credit Card. Fair enough.
Asked to drop an official mail and the guy sent a photograph of the offer on his phone over email!!

What kind of banking is this???
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-0fb396f10f684432b0d4f13dd9083637.jpeg  

Last edited by ValarMorghulis : 4th February 2022 at 10:42.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 14:52   #5181
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Isn’t there a charge for paying via credit card for most such payments?
Nothing as such. Infact HDFC card holders actually buy vouchers from the SmartBuy portal for 5% cashback and then make these payments. For Amazon Pay you can directly pay and get the cashback as a part of your Amazon Pay balance. I understand even Paytm has a similar card now where there is some cashback for utility payments. Zomato also has an editon card with RBL where you get 1% zomato cashback on all payments (including petrol pumps) so I'm guessing this also covers utility. That petrol 1% would be useless if they don't give fuel surcharge waiver.

Axis used to have an Axis Ace card which only links to Android phone Gpay and that actually had a 5% direct cash back for utility payments through Gpay. But I have an iphone so didn't go for that. A lotta good options to pay bills these days.

Last edited by AZT : 4th February 2022 at 15:11.
Old 4th February 2022, 15:09   #5182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Is there any cashback on utility payments too. Amazon pay has 2% there so that's a good plus point.
You get 5% cashback if paid via payzapp. This can be availed for any card (hdfc/non hdfc).
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 15:25   #5183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Paperless phone banking.
Iyencar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 16:32   #5184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post

For ICICI cards, if you have savings or salary account with them, after logging in Netbanking, you can check by yourselves on the credit cards offered to you. It will list two or three type of cards Pre-approved and you can select anyone. The agent does not do anything special.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 17:24   #5185
BHPian

Need help in figuring out the steps hdfc takes to issue a credit card.

So i applied via card on card basis. Shared an Axis Bank CC with 6 digit figure. Since the whole process is manual, a third-party executive came on behalf of HDFC to take all the details & documents.

A number was generated & got 2 verification calls to check the shared details and one call to give details about the card being issued.

The next day I get a mail that my credit card application has been rejected but 2 hard inquiries were made in my cibil account.

Today another third-party executive visits my office address and my home address to verify my shared address.

So i want to know whether i am getting the card or its the case of Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Last edited by appu.bhandari : 4th February 2022 at 17:27.
Old 4th February 2022, 22:08   #5186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Regalia to Infinia will be an upgrade. This can be done either via your RM or by sending an upgrade request to Grievance Redressal email id of HDFC.
Planning to request an upgrade from LTF Regalia to FYF Infinia. Could someone be kind enough, to pointout the email id for the grievance team?
Want to try emailing before being compelled to take the paper route to the cards team. I don't have excessive spends per se, but do have Imperia, salary a/c in hdfc with a FD, 10l+ limit as well as a good credit score so far.

Don't want to deal with with my useless RM, also I hear if you approach the cards division they offer first year free at least if approval conditions are met.
Old 6th February 2022, 01:04   #5187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I applied for their card through their website. No email or SMS confirmation and interestingly no decision on the credit card as well. Most cards are nowadays giving instant approval and even issuing the card # instantly.
So it has been 4-5 weeks and I have not even received a single call or text message on the application. The application status still says ‘INPROCESS’.

I ended my relationship with HDFC in 2009 due to various issues culminating with them taking 6 months to issue me a cheque book after so many service requests and customer care calls. Looks like even after 13 years, they are still the same.

How is this bank the most respected and valued bank in India, I cannot fathom. Even the pseudo-PSU SBICard works much better than HDFC.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 09:46   #5188
BHPian

Has anyone tried Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card and is it a good option?

I don't get an option to apply for this CC on the Flipkart site. May be because I am not a frequent shopper on Flipkart? I have hardly bought 1-2 products from Flipkart every year over the past 3 years!
Old 7th February 2022, 14:38   #5189
Team-BHP Support

This RBI e-mandate is making it very difficult to subscribe to services from abroad. I was trying to buy a pen testing monthly service, they rejected my card because of e-mandate.

Now I am contacting someone abroad to pay on my behalf. This is ridiculous.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 14:53   #5190
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree. Even basic services are failing with my monthly subscriptions to things like the NYT or Apple Cloud storage becoming an issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks