Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2022, 15:32   #5191
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have the issue with Adobe subscription.
Old 7th February 2022, 16:27   #5192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Now I am contacting someone abroad to pay on my behalf. This is ridiculous.
Called my cousin in Australia and made the payment using his credit card.

This can't be a permanent solution, while doing business transactions. In fact, I have much bigger payment coming up with GitLab. So I have decided to switch to Google Cloud Source Repositories so that we can get GST bill, which can be paid using Indian credit card.

Now I am picking vendors based on credit card acceptance factor.
Old 7th February 2022, 17:16   #5193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Agree. Even basic services are failing with my monthly subscriptions to things like the NYT or Apple Cloud storage becoming an issue.
How are you making the apple cloud storage payment? I don't see the option for making a payment separate and the payments are failing.
Old 7th February 2022, 17:57   #5194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Has anyone tried Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card and is it a good option?

I don't get an option to apply for this CC on the Flipkart site. May be because I am not a frequent shopper on Flipkart? I have hardly bought 1-2 products from Flipkart every year over the past 3 years!
You can apply for it on the flipkart mobile app. It's a good card with a nice default cashback rate.
Old 8th February 2022, 09:32   #5195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
So it has been 4-5 weeks and I have not even received a single call or text message on the application. The application status still says ‘INPROCESS’.

I ended my relationship with HDFC in 2009 due to various issues culminating with them taking 6 months to issue me a cheque book after so many service requests and customer care calls. Looks like even after 13 years, they are still the same.

How is this bank the most respected and valued bank in India, I cannot fathom. Even the pseudo-PSU SBICard works much better than HDFC.
I think they have no interest in issuing HDFC CCs to those who have no existing relationship with HDFC, my application also shows the infamous "IN PROCESS" from Jan 3rd, either they have to change it to application closed or rejected and move on.

What a joke! My ICICI Amazon Pay was delivered to me in flat 2 days time.
FURY_44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 09:53   #5196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Same here, even I am hoping that it was a mistake from their side and they will correct it eventually
Have you checked the smart buy portal for the Instant vouchers. Infinia and DCB reflects correctly the 5x (330 + 1320 = 1650) and 3x (330 + 660 = 990) but Regalia (264 + 1056 = 660) seems showing wrong. Or is that points are correct but the value in Rupee is low for Regalia?

Name:  Regalia Smartbuy.png
Views: 392
Size:  55.4 KB
Old 8th February 2022, 10:36   #5197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Have you checked the smart buy portal for the Instant vouchers. Infinia and DCB reflects correctly the 5x (330 + 1320 = 1650) and 3x (330 + 660 = 990) but Regalia (264 + 1056 = 660) seems showing wrong. Or is that points are correct but the value in Rupee is low for Regalia?
Yes, points are correct but Regalia value in rupee is 0.5.
But still I am not able to digest the fact that they have reduced the smart buy reward points from 5x to 3x for DB and kept the same for Regalia. I have sent multiple emails to their CC, but as expected they are avoiding my query and responding with some stupid answers. Looks like, they want to discourage the users to go for DB and at the same time encounraging Regalia?
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 11:33   #5198
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, points are correct but Regalia value in rupee is 0.5.
But still I am not able to digest the fact that they have reduced the smart buy reward points from 5x to 3x for DB and kept the same for Regalia. I have sent multiple emails to their CC, but as expected they are avoiding my query and responding with some stupid answers. Looks like, they want to discourage the users to go for DB and at the same time encouraging Regalia?
Thanks. My wife is having a HDFC Non salary account for 3 years now and was offered Regalia Pre-approved inside the Netbanking itself and was bombarded by calls from RM. And she took it on 31 Jan as it is LTF. She got it in hand in a couple of days. So yes, it seems HDFC is pushing Regalia harder.

If you don't mind, do you know about Global value program is still available in HDFC Credit cards? It seems it gives 1% cash back in International Online and POS transactions which will slightly reduce the 2% markup fee on them. HDFC customer care takes its own sweet time to respond but responds only with template that they are looking into it.
Old 8th February 2022, 12:50   #5199
BHPian

Quote:
If you don't mind, do you know about Global value program is still available in HDFC Credit cards? It seems it gives 1% cash back in International Online and POS transactions which will slightly reduce the 2% markup fee on them. HDFC customer care takes its own sweet time to respond but responds only with template that they are looking into it.
I don't know anything about this.
Old 8th February 2022, 13:40   #5200
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. My wife is having a HDFC Non salary account for 3 years now and was offered Regalia Pre-approved inside the Netbanking itself and was bombarded by calls from RM. And she took it on 31 Jan as it is LTF. She got it in hand in a couple of days. So yes, it seems HDFC is pushing Regalia harder.

Yes its available. I have it on my card. Very less known feature!
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 10:47   #5201
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
I don't know anything about this.
GVP is a very unique program kept "secret" by HDFC.

Few salient points for the information of this group:
1) You enroll for a fee of INR 199+GST and the same is charged every year for renewal.
2) On the 1st international transaction (every year after renewal), you get 500 bonus points.
3) 1% cash back is known benefit, but only INR 1000 per month is the cap.
4) You get INR 2000 GV of Yatra on completing INR 1.5L spend milestone.

Hope you got required information about this program.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 11:02   #5202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
GVP is a very unique program kept "secret" by HDFC.

Few salient points for the information of this group:
1) You enroll for a fee of INR 199+GST and the same is charged every year for renewal.
2) On the 1st international transaction (every year after renewal), you get 500 bonus points.
3) 1% cash back is known benefit, but only INR 1000 per month is the cap.
4) You get INR 2000 GV of Yatra on completing INR 1.5L spend milestone.

Hope you got required information about this program.
Thanks. Yes, I got these information from few websites but unfortunately I am not sure whether it is still active as of 2022. Few are of the opinion that it is discontinued and few are of the opinion it is available for Infinia and DCB and NOT for Regalia.

I could not find this program in HDFC Bank website. Email requests to HDFC gets the the standard response that to call the customer care but could not get through the customer care numbers listed which has only IVR and no valid options to choose. So we have hit the dead end.

I got a number to which you can do a SMS activation and tried but no response. So looks like it is not possible without talking to customer care.

Do you know which options to choose to talk to a 'human' in the HDFC Customer care?
Old 11th February 2022, 11:11   #5203
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yes, I got these information from few websites but unfortunately I am not sure whether it is still active as of 2022. Few are of the opinion that it is discontinued and few are of the opinion it is available for Infinia and DCB and NOT for Regalia.

I could not find this program in HDFC Bank website. Email requests to HDFC gets the the standard response that to call the customer care but could not get through the customer care numbers listed which has only IVR and no valid options to choose. So we have hit the dead end.

I got a number to which you can do a SMS activation and tried but no response. So looks like it is not possible without talking to customer care.

Do you know which options to choose to talk to a 'human' in the HDFC Customer care?
The GVP is available for most of the cards of HDFC including Regalia.
HDFC has removed the web links to all the information on GVP (maybe they want to discontinue or reduce the number of enrolments). I have my renewal coming up in 10-15 days. Will update if I get charged for this or not.

The only way to enroll is by calling customer care (unfortunately).
There is an old phone number and the options may have changed, but you can try it as below:
Call on 040-61606161. Then press 3, then 1, then enter last 4 digits of CC, then 1, then card PIN, then 2, then 3 and finally 9.
Do try your luck
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 11:44   #5204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Has anyone tried Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card and is it a good option?
!
Well i have got the card and the same is good value for money for the benefits it offers. Whenever I do any high value purchasing from Flipkart or Myntra I get 5% cashback and also 4% on the amount spent on Swiggy. The best part is that the cashback is deducted from the next month's bill.

I had applied from the Axis Bank website and the process was very smooth.

Last edited by Luke1972 : 11th February 2022 at 11:46.
Luke1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 12:42   #5205
BHPian

Anybody using Standard chartered Bank Credit Card here? I got a basic card last month and it's due date is approaching. What's irritating is that they are calling me every other day to pay off my dues and each one is confirming from me how much and when i am going to pay. I never had such experience in other bank cards. Is it the same for everyone or i am an one off case. Also their netbanking app is very cumbersome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks