Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2022, 10:24   #5356
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

what is the duration between every cc limit enhancement request everyone is following for HDFC regalia?
Old 14th May 2022, 16:31   #5357
BHPian

Has anyone here had any experience with IDFC Wealth? Seems like a good card that is being offered LTF for now.
Old 15th May 2022, 03:21   #5358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
Has anyone here had any experience with IDFC Wealth? Seems like a good card that is being offered LTF for now.
I have been using it for over a year. It is a decent card. The main benefits are 1.5% markup on foreign currency transactions, domestic and international lounge access and 2.5% reward rate on any spending after 30k each month. However, they have recently introduced a fee of Rs99 for redemption of reward points and they have done a slight devaluation in the reward rate as well. On the plus side, they have a relatively lower interest rate and a no fee cash withdrawal.

Last edited by Lobogris : 15th May 2022 at 03:27.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 17:47   #5359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Amex for Rs2100x4 month transactions (for bonus 1K monthly points).
When did it change from Rs.1500 to Rs.2100 for 1k bonus points?
haridsv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 22:31   #5360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haridsv View Post
When did it change from Rs.1500 to Rs.2100 for 1k bonus points?
I guess it changed 2-3 months back when I went on amex website to check why I'm not getting bonus monthly points.
Old 15th May 2022, 23:28   #5361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess it changed 2-3 months back when I went on amex website to check why I'm not getting bonus monthly points.
Is this MRCC or some other card? Because no such change has happened to MRCC from what I see looking at my March/April spends/points.

Talking about Amex, I see they have silently withdrawn gyftr vouchers from rewards multiplier. That’s quite disappointing if this change is permanent.
Old 16th May 2022, 09:43   #5362
BHPian

I've got a question running in my mind, thought what better place to ask than here.

I understand that credit cards unlike debit cards let's you raise dispute and chargeback in case you don't receive the service/product for the amount you paid. How legit is this in practical scenario, any experiences? Let's say I make a purchase on some random website and they turn out to be scamsters or doesn't provide the product/service I paid for. Can I claim a chargeback in this case? If yes, is there a limit on such chargeback set by the banks for each customer or would they entertain us 'n' number of times?

Last edited by logicalidiot : 16th May 2022 at 09:44.
Old 16th May 2022, 10:28   #5363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Is this MRCC or some other card? Because no such change has happened to MRCC from what I see looking at my March/April spends/points.

Talking about Amex, I see they have silently withdrawn gyftr vouchers from rewards multiplier. That’s quite disappointing if this change is permanent.
Thanks for correcting me. It is indeed Rs 1500 x 4 transactions per month. Atleast now I can reduce spends on AMEX a bit.

This week I ordered Amazon ICICI card. Given that HDFC DB is NOT giving any more 33% or even 16% points, better to get direct cashback for Amazon spends. It will replace my CitiBank ShoppersStop card (such a useless this card has been since COVID. Was useful till PayTM offered 1+1 on Citibank cards !)
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:56   #5364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
I've got a question running in my mind, thought what better place to ask than here.

I understand that credit cards unlike debit cards let's you raise dispute and chargeback in case you don't receive the service/product for the amount you paid. How legit is this in practical scenario, any experiences? Let's say I make a purchase on some random website and they turn out to be scamsters or doesn't provide the product/service I paid for. Can I claim a chargeback in this case? If yes, is there a limit on such chargeback set by the banks for each customer or would they entertain us 'n' number of times?
Most Credit cards have a "Disputed Transaction" option. If you have some problem - non delivery, wrong or substandard product etc, they let you place the purchase as "disputed".

Once that is done, they investigate the issue. Depending on the card they either stop payment to the merchant, or pay with a possibility or reversing the payment. In most cases the dispute is investigated within one month. I have had to complain a couple of times - Amex once and ICICI once in the last 20 years, In both the cases I got a refund.

I know that at least for AMEX (customer since 2000) they have an insurance for each and every transtaction so refunds are easy if you are scammed.
Old 16th May 2022, 16:15   #5365
BHPian

Quote:
I hold LTF DCB card since 3 years. I have almost 1 Lakh points (after utlising 40K points or so); thanks to all the Amazon vouchers, smartbuy and higher spends on DCB. But party got over. Given the devaluation of DCB, my spend has drastically reduced on DCB; first it made me move to cashback card from SBI for smaller transactions and Amex for Rs2100x4 month transactions (for bonus 1K monthly points).

The devaluation is getting worse day by day. At same time, utilizing points is also becoming less lucrative. Domestic flights are the only option to effectively use these points. Even in that, MMT or other portals offer better discounts. In case of flights, smartbuy has started charging processing fees of Rs 800+ vs. flat Rs 200 earlier.

On smartbuy noticed that Hotels are priced 1.5-2x of what they are selling on Booking or Agoda. Hence, Hotels ain't an option either.

Not sure what are HDFC's plans, but they are making their customers go to alternative cards. Also, I am for sure worried about further devaluation of existing points
Well if you want to try something extravagant and an experience you would enjoy, you could convert your DCB Points to Singapore Airline Miles and book a Business Class Return Ticket for 78,000 Points to any of 7-8 South East Asian Countries. (Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei)
Old 16th May 2022, 16:21   #5366
rbp
BHPian

All,

How do I check the total amount of transactions done on my HDFC bank card till date? I want to know if I have crossed 8L or not.
Old 16th May 2022, 16:31   #5367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
All,

How do I check the total amount of transactions done on my HDFC bank card till date? I want to know if I have crossed 8L or not.
AFIK, you will have to download the statements and manually add it.
HDFC portals are still primitive.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 16:33   #5368
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Call Cust Care; they'll have that data for you. Else, you can always manually sum up individual statements.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 17:01   #5369
BHPian

Quote:
All,

HDFC has given these milestone trackers on their "Redeem Rewards" portal. You can access this portal via your Netbanking. Go to Credit card section and search for Redeem Rewards. On portal, go through drop down menu and you will find this.
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 17:58   #5370
BHPian

Quote:
This week I ordered Amazon ICICI card.
Do they ship a physical card to your address or it is a e-card only?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks