Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 14:40   #5596
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
I received an HDFC CC offer for Infinia Metal. Can someone confirm if this is a lifetime free card or do I need to meet their spend criteria to keep it free?

Attachment 2335917
I dont think this is LTF. You can see the spend criteria at the bottom indicating a minimum to be done.
bharanidharang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 09:52   #5597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Thank you. What Amex card will you suggest of I want no/low annual fees, don't have much expectations of reward points and CC should as much accepted in online/offline Indian establishments as MC & Visa.
AMEX has a lot of cards and each one has an annual fee on the face of it. LFT is at their discretion. You can contact their sales force and negociate with them.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:23   #5598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Thank you. What Amex card will you suggest of I want no/low annual fees, don't have much expectations of reward points and CC should as much accepted in online/offline Indian establishments as MC & Visa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
AMEX has a lot of cards and each one has an annual fee on the face of it. LFT is at their discretion. You can contact their sales force and negociate with them.
Amex has been under RBI Ban for over 15 months. So they cannot issue any new cards till the ban is lifted.
tejas08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 10:28   #5599
Senior - BHPian

CC market share of various banks/financial institutions in India as of Apr 2021.

The Credit Card Thread-cc-market-share.png

Source : Linkedin.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 14:59   #5600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
CC market share of various banks/financial institutions in India as of Apr 2021.

Attachment 2339285

Source : Linkedin.
Not sure everybody knows but after HDFC, the top three (ICICI, SBI & Axis) all have multiple card policies per user. HDFC allows only one card per person with a certain exception which can be obtained by going through a branch. And still HDFC remains at the top.

Last edited by tejas08 : 28th July 2022 at 15:13. Reason: grammar correction
tejas08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 15:02   #5601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Not sure everybody know but after HDFC, the top three (ICICI, SBI & Axis) all have multiple card policies per user. HDFC allows only one card person with a certain exception which can be obtained by going through a branch. And still HDFC remains at the top.
Since HDFC has one card per user policy, how does one "upgrade" their HDFC card?
Old 28th July 2022, 15:04   #5602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Since HDFC has one card per user policy, how does one "upgrade" their HDFC card?
Un-related.

When your HDFC Card is upgraded, the old one is closed and upgraded one is given. So you still hold just one card only.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 16:00   #5603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For a short duration, you can hold two physical cards during the overlap. However only one is allowed to remain active; so it's one credit card account per user.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 22:01   #5604
BHPian

Wanted to ask fellow members how to apply for Axis ACE credit card. I don't see the card when I try to apply on Axis website. Can't find it on Google pay either.
Old 28th July 2022, 22:34   #5605
Senior - BHPian

I applied for a HDFC Card online and received a link to do an online e-KYC. I am trying to proceed with e-KYC but somehow it gets stuck with a rotating HDFC symbol in the mobile browser. Tried the same link on Laptop and a few more mobiles but no luck.

If anyone recently successfully completed an eKYC for HDFC recently - please share if you did any special browser config to complete the process.
Old 29th July 2022, 08:23   #5606
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Un-related.

When your HDFC Card is upgraded, the old one is closed and upgraded one is given. So you still hold just one card only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
For a short duration, you can hold two physical cards during the overlap. However only one is allowed to remain active; so it's one credit card account per user.
I am trying to upgrade my wife's DCB to Infinia (just for sake of visa network) for the past 2 years. She has reached out to multiple sources including her RM, her Branch and Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com for the upgrade but all efforts have been dead-ends (despite her Imperia status). As last effort, we have shot an upgrade form using registered post to HDFC Thiruvanmiyur (Chennai) this week, and hoping it would work. BTW, she is eligible for Infinia card any which way we see including her relation with HDFC, her annual spending on DCB, and her annual income on ITR.

I would appreciate any guidance from experts on the forum on how to follow through with HDFC Thiruvanmiyur office. Any phone number to reach this CC center etc?
Old 29th July 2022, 10:16   #5607

Quote:
Not sure everybody knows but after HDFC, the top three (ICICI, SBI & Axis) all have multiple card policies per user. HDFC allows only one card per person with a certain exception which can be obtained by going through a branch. And still HDFC remains at the top.
What?!
I've been holding 2 cards from the past ~2 years and I didn't even ask for it. They called me and offered LTF so I took it.
No wonder I got the limit increase email only for one of them.
Old 29th July 2022, 19:19   #5608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Wanted to ask fellow members how to apply for Axis ACE credit card. I don't see the card when I try to apply on Axis website. Can't find it on Google pay either.
Seem to have missed this card. From what I understand Axis bank no longer wants additional people pulled into this card so they have made it difficult to obtain it.

I guess the only way left is to apply for the Flipkart Axis CC and then after a few months request and upgrade to ACE.
Old 29th July 2022, 23:53   #5609
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure everybody knows but after HDFC, the top three (ICICI, SBI & Axis) all have multiple card policies per user. HDFC allows only one card per person with a certain exception which can be obtained by going through a branch.
Not exactly. It's more a case of they apparently having a per person exposure limit either across multiple cards or a single card. This was learnt from one of their more knowledgeable CC executives that I had interacted with a long time ago.

For almost 2 decades, held 3 of their cards due to the fact that each of them were on different platforms (Mastercard / Visa / Diners) and there was a time when the list of airport lounges with tie-ups with each of these platforms were slightly different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin5497 View Post
What?!
I've been holding 2 cards from the past ~2 years and I didn't even ask for it. They called me and offered LTF so I took it.
No wonder I got the limit increase email only for one of them.
As mentioned above, probably your permissible exposure limit was reached after offering the limit enhancement for one of them.
Old 30th July 2022, 06:08   #5610
Distinguished - BHPian

Just gave consent to move my Citibank Rewards credit card to Axis Bank. Anyone have any idea what the latter will be replacing them with?
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed