Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2022, 13:10   #5701
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have a Diners Black card. If I take an add-on for my mother, would she be entitled to complementary lounge access as well while traveling with me? HDFC website and brochures are not very clear on this.
Old 5th September 2022, 13:27   #5702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj
Can anyone share what is the usage charges on scanning the card in a non Citibank machine ad also about the cashback points and how to redeem the same ?
I recently filled the fuel for Rs720 from IOC listed outlet. Surcharge was Rs11.80 where as surcharge waiver was Rs8.53. So, what I mean to say is, we don't get waiver for full surcharge.
Regarding redeem options, best would be to use it for filling fuel. That is the only option you get 1P=1Re.
kavensri is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 14:01   #5703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I have a Diners Black card. If I take an add-on for my mother, would she be entitled to complementary lounge access as well while traveling with me? HDFC website and brochures are not very clear on this.
For domestic travel yes. I have HDFC regalia and it allows, for that matter all the add-on cards for credit cards with complementary lounge access are entitled for the same irrespective of the primary card holder is travelling or not. Below snippet from HDFC website:

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pa...ers-club-black

Unlimited Airport lounge access to 1000+ Lounges in India and worldwide for primary and add-on card members.
Please visit Diners Club International website for the list of international lounges

Last edited by jayantvs : 5th September 2022 at 14:04. Reason: added source
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 19:54   #5704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I recently filled the fuel for Rs720 from IOC listed outlet. Surcharge was Rs11.80 where as surcharge waiver was Rs8.53. So, what I mean to say is, we don't get waiver for full surcharge.
Regarding redeem options, best would be to use it for filling fuel. That is the only option you get 1P=1Re.
The surcharge is 1%+GST or INR 10+GST, whichever is higher.
Some PoS follow this and some select a blanket 1%+GST option.

I am using Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium and I notice this for few CNG bunks.

Refund is always 1%, irrespective of whether 11.80 were deducted or 1%.
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 12:48   #5705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I have (had) the same two cards. I encashed all the reward points and closed the Rewards card; and made the PremierMiles card to carry the combined credit limit. My plan is to cancel it out altogether and stick to having just one card and move pretty much everything possible to UPI.
UPI and Debit cards have a basic flaw - in case of a wrong transaction (or fraud) it takes a long time to get the transaction reversed, if at all.

In contrast Credit cards have the following advantages
. You get a credit on your spends. It is anywhere from a few days to 50 days, depending on billing date.
. Credit card transactions are insured by most issuing banks, and the process of cancelling transactions (whether fraudulent or not) is much easier.
. UPI may not work abroad.
. UPI will not work where ther is no Internet - temporarily or permanently.

Having a few credit cards will help you manage large unexpected expenses even if you have less balance in your bank. So I suggest that you maintain at least three cards, preferably with staggered billing dates.
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 11:16   #5706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
So I suggest that you maintain at least three cards, preferably with staggered billing dates.
Thanks for the suggestion, but having owned credit cards for 25 years now issued by two dozen or so banks in five different countries I have reached a point where I'm quite blasé about them. None of the points in your list are really advantages for me, and by choosing not to use credit cards I remove one point of failure from my day-to-day life (the need to keep track of payment due dates or suffer financial consequences).
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 11:44   #5707
Senior - BHPian

Question for Citibank customers:

Have you received a communication from Citibank needing our consent to transfer our relationship, associated data and tax documents to Axis bank with a link to accept. If so what have you done and what are the consequences of confirming or denying our consent.

Appreciate a response.

Thank you.

Cheers
Old 7th September 2022, 12:14   #5708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Have you received a communication from Citibank needing our consent to transfer our relationship, associated data and tax documents to Axis bank with a link to accept. If so what have you done and what are the consequences of confirming or denying our consent.
You can't miss it - they've got it displaying as an interstitial when logging into netbanking, and have been sending SMS alerts too.

But to me it seemed like a package deal - there is no option of say, closing savings account and transferring credit card account. I'm inclined to pick the "close everything" option but haven't committed myself yet.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 12:28   #5709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Question for Citibank customers:

Appreciate a response.

Thank you.

Cheers
Yes I consented for the movement of my credit card account to Axis. The complete handover is expected to be completed in the first half of calendar year 2023 subject to requisite regulatory approvals. This consent is only the start of a process that you agree on all your applicable relations with Citi Bank to be transferred to Axis Bank smoothly.

If you decline, it will lead to closure of your products and services on the effective date with a due notice.

Complete list of FAQs available here - https://www.online.citibank.co.in/co...df/faq-tnc.pdf
denzdm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 12:58   #5710
Senior - BHPian

Silly question:

Is it ok to link google pay with credit card? And can you link the amazon icici card?

Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 13:14   #5711
BHPian

Applied for a BoB credit card in the last week on September. I am still awaiting approval from the bank. I am sure if it was some other private bank, the card would have been in my hand by now, given my credit profile and credit history.
*sigh*
Old 7th September 2022, 13:51   #5712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Is it ok to link google pay with credit card? And can you link the amazon icici card?
Yes I have done it. The reason for doing that - Wanted to make NFC payments using my mobile, thus avoid carrying physical card always.

That time, only credit cards were allowed to be linked for NFC payments through Google Pay.

Now you can add select debit cards too, so that unique advantage is not there. However, I still use the same credit card for making regular payments using tap.
So for me, answer is Yes.

Regarding adding specific cards, you can check the Google Pay you can check the list here. My guess is that you can add it.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 14:04   #5713
Senior - BHPian

So last week I was conned due to the great "tap" feature of our credit cards.
I was reluctant at the inception of this stupid technology and the fraud has only bolstered by beliefs.
Why are we so lazy to even punch in the PIN?

I have realized only after the fraud that all cards come BY DEFAULT with this feature and you need to manually disable it (via portal/app/customer care).

Anyhow, what happened is that the petrol pump attendant took my card and "tried to charge Rs. 4400" (for full tank), claimed that machine was not working and made attempt on another POS machine which was successful.

Received two SMS about 30 minutes afterwards that Rs 2000 and Rs 4400 have been charged on my credit card. Presumably, the rascal keyed Rs 2000 and tapped the card, made an excuse of faulty machine and charged Rs 4400 on the other machine.
alpha1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 15:33   #5714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but having owned credit cards for 25 years now issued by two dozen or so banks in five different countries I have reached a point where I'm quite blasé about them. None of the points in your list are really advantages for me, and by choosing not to use credit cards I remove one point of failure from my day-to-day life (the need to keep track of payment due dates or suffer financial consequences).
I also was struggling to keep track of multiple card payments. I use Walnut App to do it now.
Old 7th September 2022, 15:52   #5715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
So last week I was conned due to the great "tap" feature of our credit cards.

I have realized only after the fraud that all cards come BY DEFAULT with this feature and you need to manually disable it (via portal/app/customer care).
You can also set a limit for tap transactions. This provides the convenience of low value tap transactions plus the safety of PIN for high value transactions.

Rohan

Most Viewed