Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2022, 22:52   #5791
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
That's not possible technically since they cannot generate your card without completing the mandatory KYC step.
The KYC is already done by the executive using Aadhaar VID few days back. So I am not sure why it takes more time to complete the processing. Similar to virtual card generation after digilocker KYC, this too should have been quick. Hence my previous question.
Old 21st September 2022, 02:40   #5792
Senior - BHPian

This post is only for NRIs
I had a long and challenging process to get an HDFC credit card but in the end 'all is well that ends well'.

I am a long standing HDFC customer (including credit card), but when I became NRI, the card was blocked since according to HDFC 'NRI is not allowed to hold credit card'. So, my Regalia First card of many years finally had to be thrown in the bin. Along with that I also lost my Priority Pass and lounge access.

Subsequently, RBI barred HDFC from issuing new cards - so I was in a 'waiting mode' for more than a year.

This summer, I had planned a long vacation in India and was determined to get a logical conclusion. The 'online' interfaces towards HDFC Bank were practically useless. I had to start with finding out who is my Virtual Relationship Manager via Twitter. That took some time. Then a series of emails followed, which I got no response to. A call to the branch resulted in some progress, but the deal that they offered was not very good.

Some more persistence and finally I managed to get in touch with the VRM (who was more interested in selling some other products for investment) than what I actually needed (a credit card.)

Once the card team got in touch with me, there were a very quick process of document collection and then the wait started. I was supposed to fly out within 2 weeks and they were informed about the urgency and promised to deliver the card within 1 week.
Of course, that did not happen. The application got rejected and then I had to follow up and explain why I don't have a 'valid visa'.
This was further followed by a lot of followup by my side to the person who had taken my application and was interfacing with the backend team.

It is sad that those guys don't know how visa/ work permit/ residence permit system works and what should be considered a valid proof.

After a lot of escalations internally, finally an exception based approval was made and I got the card (after I left India) (and an add-on one for my wife).

A few weeks later I got the priority pass as well (and one for my wife).

So, do not give up. Try and try till you succeed.
S_U_N is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 09:34   #5793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I think I know what kind of customer experience I can face in the future. This is what happened today.
When I called the toll-free number, it did not get connect for couple of times. 3rd time, I got the message ‘this number is busy’.
Then I tried local number, call got through but the first message I heard is ‘all our representatives are busy…’. I then had to traverse through some options to talk to an ‘human’. The person asked my issue and after listening to me, she was quiet for few seconds and then the call went back to automated options. I tried couple of times but could not get into talking to an ‘human’ again.
I got the credit card details today. Yesterday I had raised the issue in twitter and I got the verification call with 3 hours. They have given a credit limit of 4.37l. If this card works out fine, then i will think of getting rid of some other cards that I have with me.
But as someone mentioned earlier, their app is crappy. It took multiple attempts to create a login and couple of times it did throw 'server not reachable' message while loggin in.
Old 22nd September 2022, 12:45   #5794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
There is some bad news for the Infinia holders.

A new king has come in the industry - Axis Magnus

The only problem is this king has a lot of demands from its cardholders. 1 Lac Monthly spends to earn a reward rate more than Infinia (Except Hotels 10X) and the fact that the Reward Rate is good only if used via Airmiles redemption route.
Hi,
Do you have any reward rate details for booking flight tickets and hotels using Axis bank Travel Edge portal? Can't find anything on their website.
Old 22nd September 2022, 14:54   #5795
BHPian

Quote:
Exact same experience. Applied around noon today and completed KYC using Digilocker. Have setup SBI cards account as well where I am able to see the card details and manage the card. Also enabled domestic online transactions and bought a Amazon eGift card for trial, the outstanding balance got updated in SBI cards account although the cashback/points information for the transaction is not visible anywhere yet. The limit I have got is 1.5L which is alright for now since I have multiple other cards.
Did you try using it for online transaction? Because, I am getting some strange error when I tried to do that. It is throwing the error stating that my email ID/mobile number is not registered. I did login to their portal and could see both email ID and mobile number are already registered. I am getting OTPs as well. And I even tried using it by doing a nominal amount of mobile recharge from bill payment section in their app. It also worked. So, I am not sure what exactly is the issue here.
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:19   #5796
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try using it for online transaction? Because, I am getting some strange error when I tried to do that. It is throwing the error stating that my email ID/mobile number is not registered. I did login to their portal and could see both email ID and mobile number are already registered. I am getting OTPs as well. And I even tried using it by doing a nominal amount of mobile recharge from bill payment section in their app. It also worked. So, I am not sure what exactly is the issue here.
Have you enabled domestic online transactions?
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:22   #5797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Have you enabled domestic online transactions?
Yes, I have done that. I checked all those things.
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:46   #5798
BHPian

Zomato is offering a Life time free card with no joining fee with 5% cashback offer on Zomato spends.

Sounds nice if you are regular Zomato user. Some additional cashback if your annual spend is over 2L on the card. Regular purchases are backed by 1% cashback but that excludes Rent and Fuel expenses which is a downer.

The card is backed/serviced by RBL Bank.

Note: No association with RBL or Zomato. Posted just for members to know.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 17:09   #5799
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try using it for online transaction? Because, I am getting some strange error when I tried to do that.
I tried on getting the approval. The transaction was for about 50k, so I had my doubt whether it will get approved or not. The transaction went through fine but the card got immediately blocked citing suspicious activity. I called up the cc and they unblocked it.
Old 22nd September 2022, 17:28   #5800
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try using it for online transaction? Because, I am getting some strange error when I tried to do that.
I did mention that (in the quoted post) I tried making a online transaction that went through fine. In your case maybe something hasn't been updated correctly, you should contact SBI customer care and get it rectified.

By the way my physical card has reached me today. I had applied on 20th noon and it has reached me on 22nd noon, this was unexpectedly fast. None of my other CC were processed this fast, I am impressed with the whole process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Zomato is offering a Life time free card with no joining fee with 5% cashback offer on Zomato spends.
This card was already discussed few pages back, I had ordered one and have used it rarely since I use more of Swiggy than Zomato. The card also has few other significant benefits like 5% cashback on any food bill paid in any restaurant and 10% cashback on all eligible spends on your birthday. The only drawback is that the cashback will be in form of Zomato credits again which I don't find very lucrative since everything on Zomato is relatively costlier if you have Swiggy One membership, even Zomato Pro cannot beat Swiggy in their membership benefits. So right now I haven't been using it much since I do not dine out much but I am waiting to make good use of the card on my upcoming birthday!

Last edited by Funny : 22nd September 2022 at 17:35. Reason: Quoted another post
Old 22nd September 2022, 18:49   #5801
BHPian

Quote:
This card was already discussed few pages back, I had ordered one and have used it rarely since I use more of Swiggy than Zomato. The card also has few other significant benefits like 5% cashback on any food bill paid in any restaurant and 10% cashback on all eligible spends on your birthday. The only drawback is that the cashback will be in form of Zomato credits again which I don't find very lucrative since everything on Zomato is relatively costlier if you have Swiggy One membership, even Zomato Pro cannot beat Swiggy in their membership benefits. So right now I haven't been using it much since I do not dine out much but I am waiting to make good use of the card on my upcoming birthday!
All the birthday unlimited 10% cashback benefits and offline restaurants 5% cashback is gone since 20 September. Even the other online spend became 1% from 1.5%. So the card is significantly devalued now. Only Zomato and Blinkit spends get 5% cashback now.
thanixravindran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:03   #5802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
All the birthday unlimited 10% cashback benefits and offline restaurants 5% cashback is gone since 20 September. Even the other online spend became 1% from 1.5%. So the card is significantly devalued now. Only Zomato and Blinkit spends get 5% cashback now.
Wasn't aware of this change. Wow, this devaluation makes this card almost useless for me now. They should've kept some additional benefits for the early adopters but looks like Zomato is on a downhill right now. SBI cashback card can easily replace this card since they have the same benefits. For me the only real benefit for this Zomato card is RBL Bank specific offers where we can use this card or for making restaurant dining payments that accepts Zomato as a payment option.
Old 23rd September 2022, 07:12   #5803
BHPian

Quote:
I got the credit card details today. Yesterday I had raised the issue in twitter and I got the verification call with 3 hours. They have given a credit limit of 4.37l. If this card works out fine, then i will think of getting rid of some other cards that I have with me.
But as someone mentioned earlier, their app is crappy. It took multiple attempts to create a login and couple of times it did throw 'server not reachable' message while loggin in.
Okay, I am able to use my card now. Somewhere in their portal, I have read that it takes 28 hours to get email ID and mobile number registered in their system. So I guess, that could be the reason it was not working earlier.
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:23   #5804
BHPian

I have a citi credit card which will be discontinued soon since they are handing over the relationship to Axis. I am thinking of getting another card to replace this one. Which one should I consider applying? I already hold a Diners Black and my preference is to get something which has good rewards accrual and redemption benefits. Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:10   #5805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I have a citi credit card which will be discontinued soon since they are handing over the relationship to Axis. I am thinking of getting another card to replace this one. Which one should I consider applying? I already hold a Diners Black and my preference is to get something which has good rewards accrual and redemption benefits. Thanks in advance!
Get an American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card.
Maybe a fuel rewards credit card like BPCL Octane, BoB HP Energie, Axis IOC?

What kind of spends was the Citi card getting used for?
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed