Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2022, 18:32   #5851
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Any reviews of the One Card Metal? Doesn't seem that great but considering it just for it being lifetime free and also METAL!
Old 4th October 2022, 18:41   #5852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Any reviews of the One Card Metal? Doesn't seem that great but considering it just for it being lifetime free and also METAL!
Been using this one now for the past four months and services are quite good. Have had no reason to complain and one can use the points earned to get cashback directly instead of using the points for shopping (read as spending again) and ending up paying redemption charges. BTW, I actively use over 15 credit cards of different banks, cards that somehow just got added up since having my first credit card from Citibank way back in 1992.
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 20:04   #5853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I was on DCB for 2 years with CL > 10L, usage > 10 lpa but never got Infinia upgrade offer. I asked the RM, the branch, the customer service, shot multiple emails to grievencecc, prioritycc, redressalcc etc. but nothing worked. As final try, I sent an upgrade form via registered post to Chennai office. And within a week got my Infinia card at home.

If they denied Infinia, best to wait till next CL increase, and then shoot an upgrade form after CL > 10L
Very similar situation - want to move to Infinia from my current DCB. Will try your solutions above :-)
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 20:43   #5854
BHPian

Has Flipkart stopped supporting American Express credit cards? I am getting an error as "Important Message - Your American Express card is currently not supported for this transaction" for all transactions on the Payment options page.
Old 7th October 2022, 21:12   #5855
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfantasy View Post
Has Flipkart stopped supporting American Express credit cards? I am getting an error as "Important Message - Your American Express card is currently not supported for this transaction" for all transactions on the Payment options page.
Used my Amex MRCC card on flipkart this week. Worked fine.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 22:48   #5856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Very similar situation - want to move to Infinia from my current DCB. Will try your solutions above :-)
I have a lifetime free DCB card. Confused whether or not I should go for Infinia card as it’ll not be LTF. But off late DCB has been severely undervalued, making me think of moving to infinia. Any one who has moved from LTF DCB to paid Infinia card ?
Old 8th October 2022, 09:05   #5857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
First thing first, this is a lifeetime free card and Metal! Feels amazing to hold. Can go for just this one reason

Some of my observations
  • I got this card just for the discount offers on online apps like Swiggy/Zomato. So far its working in my favor
  • The OneCard app is very well refined. Great experience
  • The day I got the card, I was coincidentally shopping in Vijay Sales and saw a 10% instant Cashback offer, I can now say that the card has already served more then I intended it to be.
arpirocks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 09:20   #5858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish View Post
I have a lifetime free DCB card. Confused whether or not I should go for Infinia card as it’ll not be LTF. But off late DCB has been severely undervalued, making me think of moving to infinia. Any one who has moved from LTF DCB to paid Infinia card ?
I had LTF DCB but still upgraded to paid Infinia. Primary reason was visa vs diners. Second reason was reward rate between two. I was already hitting Infinia’s spend limit for past few years. Even otherwise, happy to pay 12.5k annual fee because I will get as many points back. So not worried about annual fees. but this is purely based on my usage habiys. I like to keep my cards minimal (just 2 currently, other one being amazonpay exclusively for amazon) and not rotate them for maximizing rewards based on categories. Hence, Infinia works for me (good 3.33% base rate, which is also consistent across every spend + smartbuy). I use Infinia for anything and everything including kids school fees and society maintenance charges etc.

But if you want to maximize rewards, I have seen people suggesting to add cards like Axis Magnus, sbi cashback etc to your ‘portfolio’.
Comrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 09:26   #5859
Team-BHP Support

I keep on getting WA messages from Citibank asking mandate to transfer to Axis which I don't want to.

How do I close the account with Citi? Anyone who has done it successfully?
Old 8th October 2022, 10:10   #5860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I keep on getting WA messages from Citibank asking mandate to transfer to Axis which I don't want to.

How do I close the account with Citi? Anyone who has done it successfully?
Login to CBOL via any of the channels (web/app). You get an interstitial where you can choose what to do: close accounts, transfer to Axis or decide later. Pick the first option. Apparently they process your choice reasonably quickly.

I think even ATMs show this choice screen.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 04:29   #5861

I have 4 Credit Cards and would like to get rid of one or two.
1. AMEX MRCC
2. ICICI Coral - Oldest, can't cancel for credit age
3. ICICI Amazon Pay
4. Citibank Rewards

Which among these provides the least value? Any good replacements that I should look into?

I know I am not eligible for the Infinia type cards, but anything below should be within my reach. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

PS: I am not an avid traveller but I pay for almost everything with my credit cards.
moloised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 08:24   #5862
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moloised View Post
1. AMEX MRCC
3. ICICI Amazon Pay
4. Citibank Rewards

Which among these provides the least value? Any good replacements that I should look into?

I know I am not eligible for the Infinia type cards, but anything below should be within my reach. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

PS: I am not an avid traveller but I pay for almost everything with my credit cards.
1. If you use Amazon a lot then that Amazon ICICI card makes good sense to keep. Else dump it.
2. Unless Amex gives you lots of benefits, I’d say dump it.
3. Same goes for Citibank Rewards.

You’re anyway holding the old Coral card because you have to, so by dumping the other three, you can consider applying for the HDFC Regalia, which is a good card to have in terms of reward points and the points conversion ratio against travel.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 10:54   #5863
BHPian

Quote:
1. AMEX MRCC
3. ICICI Amazon Pay
4. Citibank Rewards

What is value to you ? Points or cashback ?

I hold the Amex card and I find value in making points every month (2000 points with minimum swipes and 20K spending a month). End of the year, I either change this to Amazon gift coupons or I transfer to airline / hotel partners.

I am guessing the ICICI Amazon card could be useful for buying online.
Old 9th October 2022, 12:11   #5864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. AMEX MRCC
3. ICICI Amazon Pay
4. Citibank Rewards

Keep Amex MRCC
Keep ICICI Amazon Pay

Assuming both are free, no harm in keeping the above two. Both are useful.

I would repalce other two with a better card from HDFC or Axis stable.
Old 9th October 2022, 13:10   #5865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I use Infinia for anything and everything including kids school fees and society maintenance charges etc.
How beneficial is paying society maintenance using card? I see the society intermediary apps like mygate / apnacomplex charging extra 1.8% for payment using CC. Do the points earned are higher in value than this additional percentage?

Most Viewed