Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2022, 10:30   #5881

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGK View Post
All,

Quick query on Amex rewards points, I used to recharge my Amazon pay wallet for (4*1500 Rs) every month to get the required 1000 points and now I don't see that option in Amazon pay to recharge the wallet via any CC
There is an option to recharge wallet via Credit Card just that your old stored card may have been deleted in line with the new RBI guidelines. You’ll have to enter the card details again and can do via any card.
sachit0901 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 10:44   #5882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
DBC itself gets you entry into a huge number of lounges, but Infinia has a tie-up with Priority Pass only. Are the PP lounges greater in number and what is the general acceptance?
I would imagine PP is better - DCB acceptance seems to have gone down especially in the Middle Eastern airports. And at some places, the fancier lounges accept PP rather than DCB. You can compare the lounges at the airports you will be transiting through.
Old 20th October 2022, 11:05   #5883
BHPian

Quote:
All,

What are the options available to get this 1000 points?
Yes, they have stopped all CC for loading balance. You can buy Amazon e-gift cards and then load.
shipnil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 11:19   #5884
BHPian

Guys, on the topic of fuel credit card, will Axis continue Citi IOCL credit card or will it be discontinued. Seems like this is the only fuel card worth getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
1. Any HPCL pump which accepts Amex - Use Amex GC. No surcharge.
Do you mean Amex gift card? How are you getting these GC? or is it that any amex credit card does not have surcharge at HPCL?

Last edited by Comrade : 20th October 2022 at 11:34.
Comrade is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 11:24   #5885
SGK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachit0901 View Post
You’ll have to enter the card details again and can do via any card.
I have my card stored as per RBI guidelines and still it is not visible. I am getting the following error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Yes, they have stopped all CC for loading balance. You can buy Amazon e-gift cards and then load.
Thanks for the suggestion, I think this will work.

Any other suggestions on how others use to get this 1000 points from Amex , apart from Amazon pay?
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-screenshot_2022102011191270_fd1e8ef594b195c55a3bba4818d0ce35.jpg  

Old 20th October 2022, 13:52   #5886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
For fuel payments, none of the cards will give you points unless you have a fuel card.
There are regular cards which give points for fuel spends:
- All Citibank cards
- Amex Gold Charge card
- I am sure there must be other cards too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Do you mean Amex gift card? How are you getting these GC? or is it that any amex credit card does not have surcharge at HPCL?
I meant Amex Gold Charge card. It has no surcharge on Fuel at HPCL up to 5,000 transaction. I think this is true for other Amex cards too.
Reward points for fuel spends is Gold Charge card specific feature.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 19:12   #5887
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
All,

Quick query on Amex rewards points, I used to recharge my Amazon pay wallet for (4*1500 Rs) every month to get the required 1000 points and now I don't see that option in Amazon pay to recharge the wallet via any CC? What are the options available to get this 1000 points?
You can add money to Paytm wallet via Uber or Zomato upto max 4,000 a month. HP pumps have no surcharge on Amex cards.

I used to buy HP paycode vouchers from Amex Gyftr portal when filling fuel and redeem the exact amount. But yesterday at the pump I saw Gyftr has removed HP vouchers. You can still purchase IOCL vouchers and redeem them, just check which pumps it is accepted at. This way you get points on the transaction and also no surcharge.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 19:19   #5888
BHPian

Quote:
All,

Quick query on Amex rewards points, I used to recharge my Amazon pay wallet for (4*1500 Rs) every month to get the required 1000 points and now I don't see that option in Amazon pay to recharge the wallet via any CC? What are the options available to get this 1000 points?

I am not keen on using Amex card for my regular spends as I have ICICI Amazon pay which gives better VFM.
I usually use amex at hp fuel pumps and that covers some part of the transaction. Remember that transactions over 5k are charged an extra fee. There is actually another 1000 points that can be earned if you spend over 20k a month. I assume you may already know but if not, another possibility to explore for more points.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 20:46   #5889
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Axis has an indianoil credit card where no surcharge is collected. At least it is reversed. Sbi easyclick card also reverses fuel surcharge. My ICICI visa also reverses fuel surcharge. You get points on Sbi card as well
Old 20th October 2022, 21:23   #5890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, was thinking of upgrading my 4 year old DBC to Infinia but wanted to check something first:

Have a lot of international travel coming up in North America and Europe with longish layovers, and a high end airport lounge would be great. Strictly from this perspective only, which is better?

DBC itself gets you entry into a huge number of lounges, but Infinia has a tie-up with Priority Pass only. Are the PP lounges greater in number and what is the general acceptance?
My wife has a Regalia (with Priority Pass) and I have a Diners Black. So everytime we travel together, I need to find a lounge that is available on both. Hands down DB has better coverage. I have never come across a lounge that is available on her card that but not available on mine. This is based on domestic as well as international trips across US, Europe and Dubai. So strictly from lounge perspective, would recommend Diners.

Last edited by warrioraks : 20th October 2022 at 21:25.
warrioraks is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 21:42   #5891
BHPian

While on the topic fuel spends and surcharges, can anyone confirm if the fuel spends are counted under annual spends? I know they don't accrue reward points but if they are counted under annual spends then it might help to reach the threshold faster to get the annual fee waiver.
Old 21st October 2022, 11:30   #5892
BHPian

Till now, I was using Amex MRCC to purchase fuel at a nearby IOCL COCO pump. This way I was making 4 transactions of minimum Rs 1500 each (1000 points) and also reaching monthly spend of Rs 20000 (additional 1000 points). I am getting 24000 MR points every year (gold collection GV worth Rs 9000-14000). There is 1.18% additional surcharge including GST but looks like I can avoid that if I switch to HPCL and make purchases less than Rs 5000 (learnt this just yesterday). So in effect I will get INR 9000-14000 cashback for my fuel purchases where most cards give none, and even most fuel cards give very less cashback.

I refrain from using Amex MRCC for Amazon GC (as Infinia also gives me good earn rate on that). I use Amex MRCC to load Paytm Wallet when I am not able to hit 20000 on fuel in any month. This helps me with tolltag payments (so effectively I am getting cashback on tolls). But Paytm has Rs 4000 monthly limit on wallet loads using CC. If I am unable to hit Rs 20000 limit even with Rs 4000 Paytm load, then I purchase a Amazon GC for remaining amount using Amex MRCC. This amazon GC balance gets used up for Subscribe & Save.

Last edited by Comrade : 21st October 2022 at 11:49.
Comrade is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 12:09   #5893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Till now, I was using Amex MRCC to purchase fuel at a nearby IOCL COCO pump. This way I was making 4 transactions of minimum Rs 1500 each (1000 points) and also reaching monthly spend of Rs 20000 (additional 1000 points). I am getting 24000 MR points every year (gold collection GV worth Rs 9000-14000). There is 1.18% additional surcharge including GST but looks like I can avoid that if I switch to HPCL and make purchases less than Rs 5000 (learnt this just yesterday). So in effect I will get INR 9000-14000 cashback for my fuel purchases where most cards give none, and even most fuel cards give very less cashback.

I refrain from using Amex MRCC for Amazon GC (as Infinia also gives me good earn rate on that). I use Amex MRCC to load Paytm Wallet when I am not able to hit 20000 on fuel in any month. This helps me with tolltag payments (so effectively I am getting cashback on tolls). But Paytm has Rs 4000 monthly limit on wallet loads using CC. If I am unable to hit Rs 20000 limit even with Rs 4000 Paytm load, then I purchase a Amazon GC for remaining amount using Amex MRCC. This amazon GC balance gets used up for Subscribe & Save.
You are doing it pretty good in terms of gaining the points and I do something similar . However instead of amazon GC, i buy vouchers from reward multiplier which gives 2X points for MRCC. Amazon is not available in reward multiplier.
bharanidharang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 12:54   #5894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Applied on 2nd Sep. Video KYC on 12th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
The application got approved and I received the details of the virtual card so that I can start using this straight away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Have setup SBI cards account as well where I am able to see the card details and manage the card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I got the credit card details today.
To all SBI Cashback card holders, are you able to understand the cashback accumulated / given? Unlike HDFC, where the points earned are mentioned next to each transaction, the SBI statement does not show whether a transaction qualified for 5% or 1%. The first statement just carried a consolidated number as cashback.
Old 21st October 2022, 13:09   #5895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
To all SBI Cashback card holders, are you able to understand the cashback accumulated / given? Unlike HDFC, where the points earned are mentioned next to each transaction, the SBI statement does not show whether a transaction qualified for 5% or 1%. The first statement just carried a consolidated number as cashback.
Yep, even the app doesn't show any meaningful information under Cashback summary section. I mean when I saw a separate menu item to check cashback details, I expected it would mention merchant, transaction amount, date and time and cashback and leave us with the minor inconvenience of calculating whether we received 1% or 5%. But nope, all you get is the total amount.

Most Viewed