Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 23:50   #6301
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I have a HDFC Regalia Credit Card. Recently, I was surprised to find that my card didn't allow lounge access at Mumbai domestic Airport. Request inputs on what card I should go for with wide acceptance along with airport lounge access.
I recently used the Loyalty Lounge at Mumbai T2 with my Regalia card as recent as last month. Which cards were they accepting at the domestic lounge?
Old 8th March 2023, 02:32   #6302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I recently used the Loyalty Lounge at Mumbai T2 with my Regalia card as recent as last month. Which cards were they accepting at the domestic lounge?
Thanks Tarun. I felt awkward, when the guy at the counter said regalia doesn't have lounge eligibility and didn't enquire any further.
Old 8th March 2023, 12:34   #6303
BHPian

I was baffled by the Travel edge portal today, don't know how to rely on this portal.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-whatsapp-image-20230308-12.20.58.jpeg  

aadya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 14:07   #6304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
I was baffled by the Travel edge portal today, don't know how to rely on this portal.
Since it is a holiday for many due to Holi, some one thought it must be a Sunday
Old 8th March 2023, 14:22   #6305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Thanks Tarun. I felt awkward, when the guy at the counter said regalia doesn't have lounge eligibility and didn't enquire any further.
There are multiple lounges. T2 (for both international and domestic flights) has two I'm aware off; and the attendees at either of the lounge guide passengers towards the correct lounge when they are presented with a card that is acceptable at the other lounge.

The domestic terminal at Vile Parle has one lounge I remember trying that does not accept Regalia but I can't remember if I had figured out another alternative lounge that does accept Regalia. Maybe others can help on that.
Old 8th March 2023, 17:22   #6306
BHPian

Folks, This will be my first credit card as I stayed away from owning one for a long time. My ICICI debit card works like a charm on most places where they ask to key in credit card details but I am missing out on usual benefits of owning a credit card.

I mostly shop on Amazon, Flipkart and use MakeMyTrip for travel and accommodation. I am really confused with plenty of options out there so it would be great if you guys can suggest me a good one. I don't mind paying joining and annual fee but I would like to own just one credit card with decent benefits and don't regret owning it.
Old 8th March 2023, 18:38   #6307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post
Folks, This will be my first credit card as I stayed away from owning one for a long time. My ICICI debit card works like a charm on most places where they ask to key in credit card details but I am missing out on usual benefits of owning a credit card.

I mostly shop on Amazon, Flipkart and use MakeMyTrip for travel and accommodation. I am really confused with plenty of options out there so it would be great if you guys can suggest me a good one. I don't mind paying joining and annual fee but I would like to own just one credit card with decent benefits and don't regret owning it.
If all your expenses are online, my suggestion is "SBI Cash Back Card". Gives me 5% cashback on all online spends without any issues except for rental, insurance,

https://www.cardexpert.in/sbi-cashba...t-card-review/
madbullram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 19:21   #6308
BHPian

Quote:

Go for SBI Cashback card for 5% cashback on online purchases. But you miss out on Instant Cashback offers which banks bring from time to time on online portals. Any other SBI card will also be good enough as SBI has many tie-ups during sales.
You can also look for Axis Magnus and buying Amazon, Flipkart or MMT GVs from Axis' GiftEdge website.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 20:12   #6309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
But you miss out on Instant Cashback offers which banks bring from time to time on online portals
Can you please explain this part ? I was looking to get this card as it seemed to offer the most cashbacks among competition. Most of my spends are online and yes I do spend big on the BBD and Great Indian sale which offers huge discounts each year.
Old 8th March 2023, 20:21   #6310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Can you please explain this part ? I was looking to get this card as it seemed to offer the most cashbacks among competition. Most of my spends are online and yes I do spend big on the BBD and Great Indian sale which offers huge discounts each year.
I am just including the link of search query for your reference.

I am not able to find the T&C which mention this.
Even I had taken this card with the motive to double-dip (10% instant off and 5% cashback), but SBI was smart enough to save itself.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 20:40   #6311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I am just including the link of search query for your reference.

I am not able to find the T&C which mention this.
Even I had taken this card with the motive to double-dip (10% instant off and 5% cashback), but SBI was smart enough to save itself.
Thanks for pointing this out ! So the ideal combination will be to have a SBI Cashback card for day to day spends and a normal CC for those instant cashback deals.
Old 10th March 2023, 00:31   #6312
BHPian

Hi guys, need an opinion. I recently upgraded from LTF regalia to Diners black and started facing acceptance issues with diners black from day one. After multiple mails, HDFC is ready to upgrade me to Infinia as FYF but I'm not sure if I'll be able to meet the spend for every year. However I'm also thinking that renewal fee is credited back as points so it'll be worth it.

Is it worth the upgrade or should I downgrade back to LTF Regalia (Diners Black doesn't work for me, lots of issues with acceptance especially with regular purchases).
Old 10th March 2023, 11:31   #6313
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, This will be my first credit card as I stayed away from owning one for a long time. My ICICI debit card works like a charm...
Guys, Since I have an ICICI account, I already have a pre-approved Credit Card which I can apply instantly. Just wanna check with you if there is any downside of owning ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card?

Since its mostly for online purchases, I guess this card will suffice my needs. Hope I can use this card on Flipkart too for Cashback and discounts.
Old 10th March 2023, 11:46   #6314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, Since I have an ICICI account, I already have a pre-approved Credit Card which I can apply instantly. Just wanna check with you if there is any downside of owning ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card?
No downside. It's a great card, cash back into your Amazon Pay account instead of cumbersome points and even good with paying for fuel. The only disadvantage is that there are no airport lounge benefits but if you're a frequent traveller there are enough options for lounge friendly cards.

Also the whole process to apply for and receive this card is digital. You should be able to login to your internet banking and complete the whole process seamlessly. I got this one and another Sapphiro card that way with zero human interaction.

Last edited by noopster : 10th March 2023 at 11:47.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 12:13   #6315
BHPian

Quote:
.... Just wanna check with you if there is any downside of owning ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card?

.... Hope I can use this card on Flipkart too for Cashback and discounts.

That's your downside right there! All you get at other sites like Flipkart, Reliance etc. is just 1% cashback. This card is not eligible for discount offers applicable to other ICICI (non co-branded and non-corporate) cards.
meerkat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks