Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 17:27   #1
BHPian

Techie Shot dead in Delhi - Shocking !!!

Shot, techie walked 100m; none came to help - Express India

This country is going to dogs. We lost one of our valuable colleagues in Delhi and can't imagine the pain the family has to go through.

Is 911 or 999 rocket science ? why can't we taxpayers have a SOS system as in developed countries ?

BHP ians pls be careful during Late night drives.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th November 2010 at 04:07. Reason: Thread moved to Shifting Gears.
Old 24th November 2010, 18:21   #2
BHPian

Really a sad state of affairs , shot at a Police Barricade . May his soul rest in peace . Wish India's politicians do more than fighting among themselves .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Shot, techie walked 100m; none came to help - Express India

This country is going to dogs. We lost one of our valuable colleagues in Delhi and can't imagine the pain the family has to go through.

Is 911 or 999 rocket science ? why can't we taxpayers have a SOS system as in developed countries ?

BHP ians pls be careful during Late night drives.
Old 24th November 2010, 18:42   #3
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Sad part was that the techie was a kid. 25 years in all.
Techies are being targetted across cities now. laptops, mobiles, vehicles they sport are easy targets. Not to forget their bank balance - leading to getting looted at ATMs, kidnapped for ransom (their kids even).
Sorry state of affairs.
Old 24th November 2010, 18:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax
This country is going to dogs
It should be much worse than this @2theMax!!!

Now the capital will turning into murder capital from what it used to be called previously!!!

Quote:
The 24-year-old was the only son
My hearfelt condolence to his parents & I really feel tears imagining what his parents are undergoing.

Quote:
Six months ago, Prateek, a software engineer with Steria India Ltd., a Noida-based company
Whaaat??? This was the company I used to work about 4-5 years ago. I'll try to get some more info & post an update here.

Poor guy killed just for a car??? As I always keep saying, the worst is yet to come!!!

Last edited by aargee : 24th November 2010 at 19:04.
Old 24th November 2010, 19:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Very depressing to hear this tragedy.May the family be given strength to cope up with this.
This is very strange enough,as there has been a police barricade and no one was there.Sad state of affairs.

Last edited by hillram : 24th November 2010 at 19:06.
Old 24th November 2010, 19:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God. This is just so terrible. May he rest in peace and the family get through this tough time.

EDIT: Oh God! I just read the article again! This happened very close to my home. This is generally considered a safe area. :(

Last edited by EssYouWe : 24th November 2010 at 19:23.
Old 24th November 2010, 19:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

OMG!! RIP!!! Only son, coming down late after work, refusing to travel for the sake of parents, man it cannot get sadder than this. My condolances. Losing a child this young cannot be expressed in words. My Allah have mercy on his soul and give courage to his parents to see through bad times.
Old 25th November 2010, 00:59   #8
BHPian

Sad story.
Sometime I feel that the sudden growth to our sweet country is all responsible for all of this. Corruption, Crime every thing is increasing day by day.
I believe that a IT prof all ways carry some valueable stuff like laptop, costly camera. This make the easy target for the crime.
Old 25th November 2010, 03:23   #9
BHPian

IT professionals, agreed, are prime targets. But the chief reason why all such crimes shoot up is the law lacks teeth - PERIOD. Corruption and lawlessness feed each other in drifting this country's rule of law from bad to worse.
May his soul R.I.P. May his parents be able to bear with this loss. May the criminal(s) rot!
Old 25th November 2010, 06:55   #10
BHPian

my condolences to the family.

it's a sad state of affairs when things start to come to this. although crimes exist in all countries the troublesome part is more the inability for this poor guy to get help after the fact. although a great start, i don't know how much help a "911" system would have been for this guy.

in previous trips to india i've noticed vehicles marked as ambulances with lights and sirens blaring stuck in bumper to bumper traffic unable to move. many times i've contemplated the possiblities of moving to india or living there part time. most of the time i get nostalgic and only think of the many good things there. then things like this come up and shows me how good we really do have it in this part of the world.
Old 25th November 2010, 07:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Sometime I feel that the sudden growth to our sweet country is all responsible for all of this.
Sorry my friend, even Japan economy grew at 10% every year consistently since post world war for nearly 3 decade or more. But such things never happened. If there's growth, people get jobs & when they get jobs, they don't have to rob!!!

Quote:
Corruption, Crime every thing is increasing day by day.
This is true & is happening because of lack of law ENFORCEMENT!!!

Quote:
I believe that a IT prof all ways carry some valueable stuff like laptop, costly camera. This make the easy target for the crime.
But here, the target was his car isn't it? So not necessarily that an IT guy is targetted always.

IMO, the murder could've happened accidentally. What I mean to say is, the robbers might not've intented to murder, but would've happened accidentally, probably when Prateek would've shouted for help or sth.
Old 25th November 2010, 12:11   #12
BHPian

^^^
Exactly. If somebody wants to rob you they would not want to murder you. They just need that momentary incapacitation of the victim so as to not raise help and make their getaway faster. I feel there is more to it than just robbery.
Old 25th November 2010, 12:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

It was a really unfortunate & shocking incident but lets not start reading too much in it. I don't think the robbers knew that he was a techie or any such thing. It was late at night & they may have been following him for a while & decided that he would be a soft target since he was alone. They panicked when he resisted (they weren't expecting that) & the outcome is there for all of us to see.

I'm not sure how it works elsewhere but in the NCR, in situations like this at the dead of night, resistance or confrontation almost inevitably leads to a tragedy.
Old 25th November 2010, 12:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

May peace and blessings of Allah be on his soul

May Allah give strength to his parents to cope up with the loss.
Old 25th November 2010, 14:52   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Sorry my friend, even Japan economy grew at 10% every year consistently since post world war for nearly 3 decade or more. But such things never happened. If there's growth, people get jobs & when they get jobs, they don't have to rob!!!

This is true & is happening because of lack of law ENFORCEMENT!!!

But here, the target was his car isn't it? So not necessarily that an IT guy is targetted always.
Remember that, we have a complete different mind set of people from the rest of the world. One part of country goes for a big party and at the same time other part of our country goes for hunger. See the difference of treating the people diff state from the center.

Law and order is a mockery. If you have money and power by default u get other 2 to control.

In this case it was a Car. But in general IT guys are very much soft target for them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks