Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 13:01   #1
BHPian

Domestic Travel Insurance - How helpful are they ?

Background: I am traveling with my family for a trip up north for 15 days and confused that should i really need an domestic travel insurance ?

I have heard a lot about travel insurance and that its a must have while traveling abroad. Now when i read all those points covered in the offer, i still have my doubts. I call up TATA-AIG customer service to inquire about the same and all they kept saying was, "Saar, you can go online and buy it." I repeated asked them questions and they said answers to all of them are available in the worded policy document.

Now i gave it another thought and asked my self, "Do i really need a domestic travel insurance? If No, wont the risks applied to an International travel be the same for domestic too ?"

So here i am asking fellow T-Bhpians, do you take travel insurance while travelling domestic for your trips ? And has it helped you in any way ?

I agree that the premium is too minuscule to even discuss about it, but still why buy something which is really not that important ?
Old 26th November 2010, 13:20   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

One assumes as per normal, you would have taken out normal insurance policies for yourself and family - including medical and accident insurance.

If so, you would be covered against most eventualities including accidents and medical etc so you dont need to take special insurance while travelling inside India. You can however take out a short term cover against loss of luggage, cash and valuables during the trip. Only if you feel this is necessary though.

However, if you are travelling out of the country it is required that you take out a decent cover for medical, travel and accident insurance because the Indian policies will not cover you for the foreign trip - especially your medical insurance policy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks