Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Indian media biased or unethical?
Yes 116 93.55%
No 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 01:24   #106
Senior - BHPian

Well for people who support a bit of Bias, Do you really think you wil get away with it?

I for one have stopped watching a couple of news channels and doing my bit. Yes we are a billion population but i believe a moment can help us wake up.

Pervez: Thanks for the link. Was very cynical but nice. I am in the states right now and all i can see round me is people advertising the vaccines. My college football and Basketball coaches have their image stuck(They are pretty good) but i still didnt bend as my roomie told me not to. I have a cold but dont want a needle jabbed in me every year.

@GTO: Great post. Loved the quote "Everyone does not have a for sale sign"
Old 6th December 2010, 04:46   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Well for people who support a bit of Bias, Do you really think you wil get away with it?
You are right, but my bais is not blindly for my ilk or something, but based on religious events unfolded by various prophets. Discussing them on this forum and thread will result in an infraction or deletion of this post. Let me just say this for my bais and end with it that:
It is said that when Jesus comes back (and yes in our life time according to religious calculation) he will lead an army of 40000 soldiers from Khurasaan (Northwest Pak, Full Afghan and little part of Iran) to Jerusalem to fight the Dajjal or the AntiChrist. Why would a pious figure like I'sa/Jesus lead a bunch of woman beaters and muderers to fight evil, or is it, they are projected that way so that it is justified to attack them and stop the army to rise from there ? After all whatever we know of them is only through media right ? No one has gone there to find out. Whatever I know is from Afghan exchange students from there that come to Indian Universities to study. They have a different story to say all together. That also explains why the most powerful military in the world and the previous people are taking 9 + years to beat bearded un educated woman beating mullahs with stone age technology?
Quote:
Yes we are a billion population but i believe a moment can help us wake up.
That mega moment will come when people in deep slumber will wake up to find out that the currency they had yesterday in their pocket is now void and null from this morning. Something like and related to why Europe has one currency and what is the North American Commission ? The 'master race' atleast let the european countries know about this change, small and medium economies will be toppled at will, and bombarded with what they think is fit for a particular region.
Quote:
Pervez: Thanks for the link.
You are welcome. Just one thing. While you are here, you can get a broader prospective of things from here than possibly in our country.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 6th December 2010 at 04:47.
Old 6th December 2010, 08:53   #108
MCR
BHPian

Well, 99% of the Indian media is biased. Most of them are either funded by political parties or owned by politicians. When such is the situation, how can it be unbiased?

If you observe closely, all the TD reports in the magazines are followed by AD's of rival cars. I have stopped subscribing to all magazines and stopped watching news chanels.
Old 6th December 2010, 08:57   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post

See how correct information helps in real life.
so just because you posted this I googled Dr tenpenny and came across various interesting links.

1. Her site has a DVD for sale, as the first item on the page. Looking at some other sites, I can understand why she studies medicine and then started a campaign against it.
2. She is a doctor of osteopathy, not sure why she thinks she is an expert on vaccines.
3. You think you did a smart thing by avoiding the vaccines, Can't really be verified unless you really caught the flu and survived (you could be totally right though).
4. Would you suggest a better mechanism for dealing with an epidemic breakout other than CDC researching and recommending vaccines?
5. just because you asked about flu vaccine, let me ask what you think about DPT, polio and other vaccines given in first 5 years of life? I am hping you will also clarify why if your answer is different for flu vs other vaccines.
Old 6th December 2010, 09:31   #110
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Many geniuses living abroad for years together
don't know this, & question what is my definition of a terrorist.
Look for yourself.
There are lot of things people living abroad or here do not know. For eg, I don't know if you see fall colours in Texas. For that matter, I don't even know what's the highway speed limits in Colorado. I also don't know how much it costs to get treated for AIDS. I don't know this because it didn't matter to me.
Likewise, info about flu shots didn't matter to me, so I have no clue about them. Whenever, I have read about flu shots, it was usually advised for people at high risk (old people etc) - I didn't consider myself high risk hence never bothered to find out about it.

That said, there is no point in presenting video by someone about medical information. Medical information should be presented in the form of peer-reviewed double blind studies which are reproducible. In the first 5 minutes of Dr. Tenpenny video, I didn't see any of this. Is there are peer-reviewed double blind studies which show whatever Dr. Tenpenny is claiming - if present, that probably is far more relevant than any video.

Please don't believe or disbelieve any medical information which isn't supported.

Quote:
If you carefully observe the video does not contain beared mullahs delivering Jumma sermons,but, professional medical doctors and, 'American' whistleblowers.
Professional Doctors can be right or wrong. That's why don't believe or disbelieve whatever they say blindly. Likewise about bearded mullahs. Unless bearded mullahs back up what they are saying with peer-reviewed reproducible double-blind studies, do not believe any medical or scientific information they are distributing.

Quote:
A few unaware people who took the injections went violently sick
and skipped a couple of days with fever.
A lot of treatment has side-effects. So a doctor needs to figure out whether it's worth the risk.
For eg - if the plus side of some treatment is that you don't die & the minus side, is that you become violently ill for a few days, then the doctor would make an informed decision to go ahead with the treatment. My example is an extreme case, but such decisions are made during treatments all the time.

I don't have much idea about flu vaccines, but vaccines have helped eradicating a lot of dangerous diseases like smallpox, it has helped reduce polio etc. So when you make any decision about vaccination - do make it based on studies & not on videos.

Anyway, I am really not clear as to what this has to do with either the Indian media or the truth about terrorists.

Last edited by carboy : 6th December 2010 at 09:47.
Old 6th December 2010, 09:32   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
so just because you posted this I googled Dr tenpenny and came across various interesting links.

1. Her site has a DVD for sale, as the first item on the page. Looking at some other sites, I can understand why she studies medicine and then started a campaign against it.
2. She is a doctor of osteopathy, not sure why she thinks she is an expert on vaccines.
3. You think you did a smart thing by avoiding the vaccines, Can't really be verified unless you really caught the flu and survived (you could be totally right though).
4. Would you suggest a better mechanism for dealing with an epidemic breakout other than CDC researching and recommending vaccines?
5. just because you asked about flu vaccine, let me ask what you think about DPT, polio and other vaccines given in first 5 years of life? I am hping you will also clarify why if your answer is different for flu vs other vaccines.
I hope you went through the entire video. It says around 3000 confirmed cases of mis carriages in pregant women and estimated unreported case with a mean of 10% to be totalled to 30000 + of mis carriages. And a medical professional also saying that it can cause male impotency and other hazards that is why I did a smart thing by not taking the vaccines.

Plus those who took them well I alreay posted what happened to them.
If you go through my Maimi thread my relative almost went through a miscarriage due to those compulsary shots in Georgia.

That is why I did not take the shot and asked other Indian nationals not to take them. If you can't trust field experts and 1st hand reported reactions then I think a carpenter would be able to explain in more better detail.

When you get flu you are supposed to get curable injections. You don't take injections to get sick after that. That is common sense which does not require a medical expert.

EDIT: Included Carboy's quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
There are lot of things people living abroad or here do not know. For eg, I ....
Doesn't even matter. People who wanted to save themselves got themselves saved and the remaining can argue and go take them whenever they wish whenever Indian Media or anyother media dictates them to according to their free will.
What can I say "They have eyes but they see not, ears but they hear not, they are just like cattle."

Last edited by prince_pervez : 6th December 2010 at 09:40.
Old 6th December 2010, 09:47   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Doesn't even matter. People who wanted to save themselves got themselves saved and the remaining can argue and go take them whenever they wish whenever Indian Media or anyother media dictates them to according to their free will.
What can I say "They have eyes but they see not, ears but they hear not, they are just like cattle."
Quite frankly, I don't understand your reply. Are you saying I am following someone like cattle - if yes, who?

Maybe you are following Sherri Tenpenny like cattle - me, I am not following anyone as far as flu shots are concerned, because it doesn't concern me as yet. I have never felt the need for a flu shot, nor have I been forced to get a flu shot - so as far as I am concerned it's not a relevant issue.

Last edited by carboy : 6th December 2010 at 09:48.
Old 6th December 2010, 09:51   #113
Senior - BHPian

We are going way Off Topic guys. Lets stick to the discussion or refrain from commenting. This thread was started for a reason so lets not dilute it
Old 6th December 2010, 09:55   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so as far as I am concerned it's not a relevant issue.
About this being linked to the topic or not: I just gave a real life example of how media shows something and coaxes people and how the alternate media exposes big time lies and agendas. Why was that hard to understand ? Its ok of you don't like something, why deprive others of information ?
Old 6th December 2010, 10:03   #115
BANNED

Quote:
About this being linked to the topic or not: I just gave a real life example of how media shows something and coaxes people and how the alternate media exposes big time lies and agendas. Why was that hard to understand ? Its ok of you don't like something, why deprive others of information ?
So basically you are saying that most of the media has an agenda & is biased. I basically do not disagree with you - though I have no opinion on flu shots themselves. However, I don't see any reason to believe the so called 'alternate media' on this this till they present peer-reviewed reproducible double blind studies.
Old 6th December 2010, 10:08   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope you went through the entire video. It says around 3000 confirmed cases of mis carriages in pregant women and estimated unreported case with a mean of 10% to be totalled to 30000 + of mis carriages. And a medical professional also saying that it can cause male impotency and other hazards that is why I did a smart thing by not taking the vaccines.
flu shots in general can cause that, they sometimes have mercury as a component of preservative. YEs, injecting anything in our bodies is an unnatural process and we will never completely understand what it can cause. same goes for all other vaccines. It's a cost vs benefit analysis one has to do at every point in their lives.
Quote:
If you go through my Maimi thread my relative almost went through a miscarriage due to those compulsary shots in Georgia.
if it helps, we all took it and nothing happened to us.

Quote:
If you can't trust field experts and 1st hand reported reactions then I think a carpenter would be able to explain in more better detail.
I went there because I trust the experts.

Quote:
When you get flu you are supposed to get curable injections. You don't take injections to get sick after that.
not sure what you mean, but if you get flu, you can get treated for symptoms, and it's not only swine flu that kills people.

All vaccines work in combination of one's own immune system. And it's always advised not to take a vaccine if your immune system is compromised. In this case, probably the experts did not know at what level one's immune system had to be. But as far as I have heard, majority of the population has survived these pretty well, including ourselves.

And I don't even know why it's relevant to this thread. The "hype" if there was any, was created by CDC, WHO and such. Media was just that, media, for the information.
Old 6th December 2010, 10:08   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So basically you are saying that most of the media has an agenda & is biased. I basically do not disagree with you -
So thats ok man. There is no single agenda or matter that all humans are going to accept without exception. Its ok to disagree.
Old 6th December 2010, 10:15   #118
BHPian

Quote:

That is why I did not take the shot and asked other Indian nationals not to take them. If you can't trust field experts and 1st hand reported reactions then I think a carpenter would be able to explain in more better detail.

When you get flu you are supposed to get curable injections. You don't take injections to get sick after that. That is common sense which does not require a medical expert.

EDIT: Included Carboy's quote.

30000miscarriages, male impotency! Is this in US? and FDA is not bothered.
It may happen in India, not in US. There is more to it than what meets the eye or even the ear!
Old 6th December 2010, 10:36   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
30000miscarriages, male impotency! Is this in US? and FDA is not bothered.
It may happen in India, not in US. There is more to it than what meets the eye or even the ear!
I am not sure of you guys are watching the video completely or not. See after whistle blowing by free press scientists (not only Dr. in the video which goes un noticed somehow) proved that this was something bad and some organizations in some countries stopped it.

There is definitely more to it than what meets the eye uncovered by free media and not sponsored media.
Old 6th December 2010, 10:46   #120
BANNED

Quote:
There is definitely more to it than what meets the eye uncovered by free media and not sponsored media.
Alex Jones is also sponsored media. He is on AM radio. He shows have advertisers, so he is also part of sponsored media, unless your definition of sponsored media is different.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks