Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Is Indian media biased or unethical?
Yes 116 93.55%
No 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2010, 02:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
BBC when they covered the london bomb blasts they used the term terrorists for the attakers but for 26/11 they called them gunmen.
Of course they were gunmen. You still think uneducated, hill billies and as they say people from stone ages can meticulously plan all these events ? The world is waking up to the truth big time. Big big time. Look at the protests when the world environment summit/meeting happened. I think we all should wake up too and come out of our ponds.See this is what these channels do to us. Make us believe that a particular group has done it and we all agree. Its a shame. But the only hope is the truth will come out someday. It will come out. It has to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Follow their coverage on Kashmir and you will know what I mean.
If it does not suit a particular individual's interest it does not mean a third party is speaking lies. Probably a third party has better information than what is fed to us since the last 20 years. Thankfully I am not one of the persons to react only if something is told to me that I don't like. Kashmir is going no where. It will remain with us. And quite frankly I don't know why the other side wants it and what will they do with it. They can't save what they have anyway. But that card will be played by both countries to stir up emotions on both sides and we will be fooled everytime.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 4th December 2010 at 02:28.
Old 4th December 2010, 02:31   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Of course they were gunmen. You still think uneducated, hill billies and as they say people from stone ages can meticulously plan all these events ? The world is waking up to the truth big time. Big big time. Look at the protests when the world environment summit/meeting happened. I think we all should wake up too and come out of our ponds.See this is what these channels do to us. Make us believe that a particular group has done it and we all agree. Its a shame. But the only hope is the truth will come out someday. It will come out. It has to.
Can you please enlighten me by telling what the truth is?
Old 4th December 2010, 02:40   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no media/channel in the world which is not biased. But I find CNN in US, Indianexpress & hindu in india among the better ones. BBC when they covered the london bomb blasts they used the term terrorists for the attakers but for 26/11 they called them gunmen.

The BBC shows bias even when reporting sports, so we know how well they report national issues

If every one of us boycott NDTV they will go bankrupt in few years. But that does not happen in our country. People who are boycotting NDTV or HT now are very few when compared to their total viewership.
The problem lies in people not recognizing that there is a problem with what they are seeing. Unless they seem to understand that, they will live in a dream world where the private news channels are fighting for their cause.

Really don't know who's words to trust these days
Old 4th December 2010, 02:43   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please enlighten me by telling what the truth is?
Brilliant question! Let me handle this in a different way.
And this all in good sprirts.
To be enlightened, please answer this question:
From where did you find out that the inhuman actitvity
done in London tubes or imploded buildings were done
by terrorists ?
The answer will enlighten you my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
The problem lies in people not recognizing that there is a problem with what they are seeing. Unless they seem to understand that, they will live in a dream world where the private news channels are fighting for their cause.
I couldn't have put it in crisper words. Good one.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 4th December 2010 at 02:56.
Old 4th December 2010, 05:43   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Will go back to reading newspapers...
Newspapers?
They were part of the Radio Cover up.
The only newspapers which weren't part of the cover-up were The New Indian Express & Mail Today.

Quote:
by terrorists ?
What are you saying here - that there is any doubt that it was done by terrorists.

Last edited by carboy : 4th December 2010 at 05:45.
Old 4th December 2010, 12:29   #66
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
If it does not suit a particular individual's interest it does not mean a third party is speaking lies. Probably a third party has better information than what is fed to us since the last 20 years. Thankfully I am not one of the persons to react only if something is told to me that I don't like. Kashmir is going no where. It will remain with us. And quite frankly I don't know why the other side wants it and what will they do with it. They can't save what they have anyway. But that card will be played by both countries to stir up emotions on both sides and we will be fooled everytime.

My my, quite a long drawn assumption about my "likes" your supposedly superior maturity. I can only draw conclusions about your hidden and suppressed sympathies based on your unwarranted and strong rebuttal. However you are free to have your more "balanced" views, not a problem for me.

Take a moment to consider that the person posting may have made a harder effort at reading up on politics media and propaganda than you are likely to have.

-Ragul

Last edited by Ragul : 4th December 2010 at 12:36.
Old 4th December 2010, 16:51   #67
BHPian

The fact that the Indian Media is compromised is no new news. Paid news has been around for a few years. However, whats been good this time is that the radia news got big enough, and the general public got to know about this.

I don't agree with P.Sainath on some issues, but kudos to the guy for fighting this evil out.
This is Sainath talking about the state of the media. An absolute must watch:

Old 4th December 2010, 19:40   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
The fact that the Indian Media is compromised is no new news. Paid news has been around for a few years. However, whats been good this time is that the radia news got big enough, and the general public got to know about this.
This happened in spite of the media & not because of the media.
Pioneer was the one who broke the news. Open Magazine & Outlook carried it initially but all the mainstream newspapers (Times, Hindustan Times, Hindu, Indian Express etc) & the TV channels blacked out the news - the first rule of the media is that it protects it's own. The first news paper to carry it were "The New Indian Express" & "the Daily Mail".
By this time the websites of Wall Street Journal & Washington Post already carried the news but the Indian media still blacked it out. Then it got big on facebook, blogs & twitter. By this time, the mainstream media could no longer ignore it & they were forced to carry it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
I don't agree with P.Sainath on some issues, but kudos to the guy for fighting this evil out.
Paid news was pioneered by Samir Jain at the Times of India. Hindustan Times replicated & everyone else followed suit.

If you happen to get a chance to get a copy of the recent Outlook Anniversary Edition (it was in end October or November) - almost the whole issue devoted to the pathetic state of Indian media - it's a real eye opener.
Old 4th December 2010, 23:56   #69
Senior - BHPian

The whole iraq war was based on a Media outfits biased article on WMD which was siphoned in by a politician. Yup! the things shown in the movie Green Zone did happened.

All of indian media is biased. Its kind of a trade, to help each other for benefits.

NDTV is pro congress 100%. now people are not that dumb to know that. Barka is responsible for it. I mean how dumb can you get. You sue a poor guy for the same principle that your job is based on " freedom of speech". Look at the connection. She also managed to change the Kargil verdict against her.

Her Wikipedia page used to have lot of flaws. her biased biography used to have source linked to her own article elsewhere. Lolz. She even maneged to change lot of negativity against her. but thats to vigilant Wiki user, they changed it back.
Old 5th December 2010, 01:01   #70
BHPian

I just keep this mind while flipping TV channels (those rare moments I watch TV) that every, and I mean every frame on TV is being sponsored by some corporation somewhere in the world. This helps me filter out a lot of noise (if not at all) on TV.
Old 5th December 2010, 08:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brilliant question! Let me handle this in a different way.
And this all in good sprirts.
To be enlightened, please answer this question:
by terrorists ?
It doesn't take a genius to find out that they were acts of terrorism. Wondering what's your definition of terrorists.
Old 5th December 2010, 08:59   #72
Senior - BHPian

Of course they were acts of terrorism. And the blame was on a scarecrow created time and again.
Old 5th December 2010, 09:56   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Of course they were acts of terrorism. And the blame was on a scarecrow created time and again.
So tell us who was really responsible?
Old 5th December 2010, 10:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

Why does everything want to be spoon fed ? Can't you guys find out like the your western heros are finding out ? I am suprised that geniuses even after staying for quite a while abroad don't know what is what and what is not. Either you know everything and pretending or you are not aware. One thing is for sure I am not wasting and will not waste anyone's time here. One question, how many of you guys took injections for preventive flu distributed for free ?

Last edited by prince_pervez : 5th December 2010 at 10:52.
Old 5th December 2010, 11:22   #75
BHPian

As long as news (print/tv) are dependent on advertisers, this will continue to happen.

Partly, we consumers are to blame. We don't blink an eye spending couple of 100 bucks on popcorns & chips, but when it comes to buying a magazine for 20 bucks, it becomes a problem. Unless support is shown to real investigative journalism like say, Tehelka or Outlook & few others, by subscribing / buying of the mags, chances are these media orgs would continue to be stooges of corporates & politicians.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed